PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi - We Want Registration

Paslode
04-09-2009, 21:36
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pelosi-We-Want-Registration-bw-14883186.html

Press Release Source: Second Amendment Foundation
Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand in the Way'; SAF: 'Gloves Are Off'
Wednesday April 8, 2009, 2:01 pm EDT
Buzz up! Print.BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

“These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder,” said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. “It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners’ rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off.”

Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state lines…” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

“But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

“These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice,” Gottlieb said. “They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

“The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights,” Gottlieb said. “The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven’t hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals.”

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation’s oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

Warrior-Mentor
04-10-2009, 07:19
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pelosi-We-Want-Registration-bw-14883186.html

This is very disconcerting.... I'm glad the Senate stands in between her and her agenda....but it's getting hard for the minority to stop things like this...

The Reaper
04-10-2009, 07:23
If she wants it, and the Dims all toe the line, she will get it.

I doubt that the Senate will stop it, the Repubs do not have the numbers.

Looks like the Second Amendment is going away as N/A.

Change you can believe in.:rolleyes:

TR

Sten
04-10-2009, 07:41
It is time to write the letters lads!

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Goggles Pizano
04-10-2009, 07:47
Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

The constitution means nothing to these people. This country is going south in a hurry!

Gypsy
04-10-2009, 12:47
Looks like the Second Amendment is going away as N/A.

TR

Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

So what in the sam hell can we do about this?

greenberetTFS
04-10-2009, 13:08
This is very disconcerting.... I'm glad the Senate stands in between her and her agenda....but it's getting hard for the minority to stop things like this...

WM, That is the problem,the Republicans are in the minority and can't do anything about it so, you better start looking for a safe and secure place to "hide" your guns and ammo. Barrys is going to push this agenda and Nancy will be his whip to push it though both in the House and in the Senate. Our founding fathers will be turning over in their graves when it happens..................:mad:

GB TFS :munchin

Paslode
04-10-2009, 14:02
It is time to write the letters lads!

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

While the letters may help, I am beginning to believe that the only thing that is going to make a difference is making your point up close and personal. Might bring some tar and feathers for added effects.

perdurabo
04-11-2009, 09:56
Do we have to register the guns we lost in boating accidents?

Surgicalcric
04-11-2009, 09:58
She can want in one hand and piss in the other as far as I am concerned...

greenberetTFS
04-11-2009, 10:49
She can want in one hand and piss in the other as far as I am concerned...

Excellent response S. She may have a hard time if some of the Dims are in the NRA. Do any of you out there know of Dims that are? :rolleyes:

GB TFS :munchin

SF_BHT
04-12-2009, 08:59

The constitution means nothing to these people. This country is going south in a hurry!

Gypsy So what in the sam hell can we do about this?

Easy fix Anyone looking like they are Mexican can not buy a Gun:D:p:munchin

Gypsy
04-12-2009, 11:16
Easy fix Anyone looking like they are Mexican can not buy a Gun:D:p:munchin

Stop being so damned logical. :D

SF_BHT
04-12-2009, 11:35
Stop being so damned logical. :D

Simple, Concise and it will not effect the rest of America. What is wrong with it? The Dem's will want to infringe on all our rights instead of just a small element that they say are causing the problem.

Gypsy
04-12-2009, 11:47
Simple, Concise and it will not effect the rest of America. What is wrong with it? The Dem's will want to infringe on all our rights instead of just a small element that they say are causing the problem.

Absolutely. It's perfect and logical, that was my point. ;)

SF_BHT
04-12-2009, 14:02
Absolutely. It's perfect and logical, that was my point. ;)

Because we agree they will never do it..... It may upset some illegals that may become voters after they give them amnesty....;)

mojaveman
04-12-2009, 22:30
Nancy Pelosi wants us to register our firearms? I'd like to see it work. In 2000 California lawmakers passed a law requiring all assualt rifle owners to register their guns. Out of the 500,000 to 1,000,000 assualt rifles that are here only about 27,000 were registered. Many of my friends didn't comply with the law on the grounds that they thought it was unconstitutional.

Wayneo79
04-12-2009, 23:04
Ya know, the reality is, they can't/won't enforce the laws that are already in place. Apparently, they think that by barking bigger and louder they will either scare possible collaborators from helping the 'bad-guys' and/or they just want to make a nice political gesture to our southern neighbor and/or they (the left) think they finally have all the blocks in place to set the USA up for their 'Orwellian' disaster.

Anyway, the real answer to preach at them is for them to enforce the laws already in place and estasblish a better intel network to find their perps with.

I know, I'm simple that way.