PDA

View Full Version : new model; The Gutshot

cosmok
04-05-2009, 12:45
Here is the latest. This is the prototype of a custom design that I’ve been working on with a customer. His version will very in the handle shape but the blade profile is the same. I don’t have a scale to weigh it with but it actually feels quite light for it’s size. Edge testing, it will slice through 1 in thick bamboo like it’s not even there, and I beat the hell out of a pressure treated 2x4, it knew it was there but made it through without losing its edge. This will be with me at Blade if anyone that is going wants to handle it.
Specs on this beast are;
Just shy of 12 ½ overall length
3/16 CPM 154 stock
7 inch blade at the plunge, 6 ½ cutting surface
2 inches wide at the widest spot
black linen micarta handles

Thanks for looking and feedback is always welcome.

Eric Kramer

mcarey
04-05-2009, 12:56
Looks great overall! Really nice finshing and attention to detail at all points of intersection.

My only constructive critisism is that the lanyard hole may be chamfered a bit too steep, may cut the lanyard over time. But hard to tell by just the photo.

Looking forward to meeting you at Blade Show.:)

6.8SPC_DUMP
04-05-2009, 13:13
Very nice Sir.

Reminds me of Jim Wagner's "Reality Based Knife" from Boker.
http://www.jimwagnertraining.com/homelinkboker.html

cosmok
04-07-2009, 06:07
"My only constructive critisism is that the lanyard hole may be chamfered a bit too steep, may cut the lanyard over time."

You know, that is something that I never even thought of. What degree counter sink do you guys use? I get mine at lowes and I'm not sure abou thte taper but thats something I should look into. What do you think about maybe breaking the edges down with some strips of 320 grit belt? Thanks for the feedback.

Eric