PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of this guy?

AngelsSix
03-30-2009, 19:36
I will check with my CATM folks to see if they can give me some insight.

http://www.martialarms.net/instructors.html

Excerpt:

His shooting education is one of the most in-depth and versatile in the world. A longtime boyhood interest in firearms lead to military training which included the Air Force combat arms instructor course. Don has attended and excelled at courses such as: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Heckler & Koch, American Small Arms Academy, Colt, Remington, National Rifle Association, International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms instructors, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite to name a few. His instructor credentials include FBI, NRA, USAF, ASAA, California post and CCW. He is a qualified Florida and Utah and Arizona CCW instructor and criminal justice college program Instructor, with over twenty-five years of instructional experience, and has provided training to thousands of students, including “training the trainer” programs. He is a recognized speaker and writer. .
Don has trained thousands of civilian, law enforcement, and military students, and to date has saved over a dozen lives. His instructor credentials are too numerous to list here. Don has been trained by and has trained the elite of the planet, including Green Berets, Navy Seals, U.S. Marines, Israelie special operations,GSG-9,and many law enforcement agencies federal and local

Team Sergeant
03-30-2009, 19:45
Never heard of him.......

Air Force teaching Special Forces, SEALS etc etc etc in weapons, I doubt it.;)

A legend in his own mind I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant

AngelsSix
03-30-2009, 19:55
I said the same thing. This was posted on the AF cop website, as well. I posted a check with our CATM folks, but I am betting the guy is a fraud.:rolleyes:

JJ_BPK
03-31-2009, 04:13
His shooting education is one of the most in-depth and versatile in the world. A longtime boyhood interest in firearms lead to military training which included the Air Force combat arms instructor course.

Don has attended and excelled at courses such as: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Heckler & Koch, American Small Arms Academy, Colt, Remington, National Rifle Association, International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms instructors, Thunder Ranch, Gunsite to name a few.

His instructor credentials include FBI, NRA, USAF, ASAA, California post and CCW.

He is a qualified Florida and Utah and Arizona CCW instructor and criminal justice college program Instructor, with over twenty-five years of instructional experience, and has provided training to thousands of students, including “training the trainer” programs.

He is a recognized speaker and writer. .

Don has trained thousands of civilian, law enforcement, and military students, and to date has saved over a dozen lives.

His instructor credentials are too numerous to list here.

Don has been trained by and has trained the elite of the planet, including Green Berets, Navy Seals, U.S. Marines, Israelie special operations,GSG-9,and many law enforcement agencies federal and local

If you throw our the adjectives,, he is not saying much..

He does pump himself up,, but uses phrases that suggest he may not have much of a back-ground??

If he did go to all those classes, he probably did get trained by the "elite of the planet"

Well worded but hollow... :cool:

My $00.0002

kgoerz
03-31-2009, 05:17
Don has been trained by and has trained the elite of the planet, including Green Berets, Navy Seals, U.S. Marines, Israelie special operations,GSG-9,and many law enforcement agencies federal and local

Hell, all that says is he could of been an AI at some shooting Location. Like Gun site, BSR, Crucible....etc.

Richard
03-31-2009, 05:50
Ohhhh.....ahhhhhh....does it come with a certificate, patch, autographed pic of Don, and a nifty wall plaque to hang on your cubbie and impress your office co-workers? :rolleyes:

COMBAT MASTER HANDGUN

The highest level of handgun skills. Put all the other levels together plus even more new techniques to make you the best you can be. Only a couple of dozen people in the world have successfully tested at this level. Anyone who has challenged themselves with this level of training can be confident in any close encounter of the worst kind on this planet.
Cost : $475

This is some pretty funny stuff. :D

Richard's $.02 :munchin

SF_BHT
03-31-2009, 06:13
I am with Richard VERY FUNNY STUFFFFFFF....

The one thing they teach the AF types is to hype you self.... I have read a few Evals from AF types and I could not believe how they wrote. You would have thought they were superman. Nothing humble about their writing style.....

Blitzzz (RIP)
03-31-2009, 06:23
...Just when you thought BULL SHIT couldn't get piled any higher this comes alone.... blitzzz

afchic
03-31-2009, 08:44
I am with Richard VERY FUNNY STUFFFFFFF....

The one thing they teach the AF types is to hype you self.... I have read a few Evals from AF types and I could not believe how they wrote. You would have thought they were superman. Nothing humble about their writing style.....

Unfortunately this is the way it is. When I was writing Army evals, I came to really like their system. You don't want to say anything about a guy, don't have to. Keep it short and to the point.

Not the AF. Fill up ALL the white space. Even if the guy is a slime bag, you have to write it in such a way as to say so, without saying so. I have met so many people that look great on a piece of paper, and then you come face to face with them an realize they know absolutely nothing about what they are suppose to know absolutely everything about.

Trying to fix the AF OPR/EPR problem is like trying to empty the ocean, one thimble full at a time.

SF_BHT
03-31-2009, 09:46
Unfortunately this is the way it is. When I was writing Army evals, I came to really like their system. You don't want to say anything about a guy, don't have to. Keep it short and to the point.

Not the AF. Fill up ALL the white space. Even if the guy is a slime bag, you have to write it in such a way as to say so, without saying so. I have met so many people that look great on a piece of paper, and then you come face to face with them an realize they know absolutely nothing about what they are suppose to know absolutely everything about.

Trying to fix the AF OPR/EPR problem is like trying to empty the ocean, one thimble full at a time.

Ours is not without its problems but after having some AF guys work for me and had to do their Evals it sucked. They were outstanding but the first one I did he told me it would sink his ship so he showed me how you all did it and I fixed the first draft. Definite Clash of Cultures......

Team Sergeant
03-31-2009, 10:16
Don has been trained by and has trained the elite of the planet, including Green Berets, Navy Seals, U.S. Marines, Israelie special operations,GSG-9,and many law enforcement agencies federal and local[/COLOR]

Last time I ran into the owner of the scottsdale gun club he said the exact same thing, that he "trainied" Green Berets, when I asked what Group or who they were he replied "I don't know but I trained some guys that SAID they were Green Berets."

These guys watch too much tv..... they both probably trained jack bauer......

You know I like the Air Force but I was thinking, I've yet to read where a half dozen of the "Air Force combat arms instructor course" personnel have mixed it up with a few hundred taliban..... ;)

The biggest weapon the Air Force "ground personnel" employ is a radio.....;)

You get what you pay for....:rolleyes:

Peregrino
03-31-2009, 10:39
The biggest weapon the Air Force "ground personnel" employ is a radio.....;)

You get what you pay for....:rolleyes:

Heyyyy - Watch it there; those radios are expensive! :p That's why they're making our guys lug around TACPs to talk on them. In all fairness it's proven handy a few times to have USAF talking to USAF while QPs kept the bad guys at arm's length. And at least once - not. :(

AngelsSix
03-31-2009, 11:09
You know I like the Air Force but I was thinking, I've yet to read where a half dozen of the "Air Force combat arms instructor course" personnel have mixed it up with a few hundred taliban.....

That's 'cause we don't:p

RT AXE 10
03-31-2009, 13:54
The highest level of handgun skills. Put all the other levels together plus even more new techniques to make you the best you can be. Only a couple of dozen people in the world have successfully tested at this level. Anyone who has challenged themselves with this level of training can be confident in any close encounter of the worst kind on this planet.

Did'nt this guy get smoked in a VBIED in Bahgdad?

I guess not, Maybe he was'nt there.

Tuukka
03-31-2009, 15:09

Did'nt this guy get smoked in a VBIED in Bahgdad?

I guess not, Maybe he was'nt there.

Reminds me of;

"When I was 19, I did a guy in Laos with a rifle shot in high wind. They told me, maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot.."

dr. mabuse
03-31-2009, 21:15
Wow! I was going to head down to Paul Howe's place, but after reading this guys bona feelies, now I'm not so sure...:rolleyes:

It carries a lot more weight IMHO when the resume is short and sweet, like Howe's website.:D

"QUALIFICATIONS
Owner/Lead Instructor for CSAT-Combat Shooting and Tactics.

Senior Manager-Triple Canopy Law Enforcement Training

20 Years U.S. Army/10 Years in Special Operations as an Assault Team Leader, Sniper and Senior Instructor.

3 years Law Enforcement experience with state certification. "

Team Sergeant
04-01-2009, 09:42
It carries a lot more weight IMHO when the resume is short and sweet,

I don't know about that.... I read a shorter "Weapons Instructor" bio once on Gunsite that had the guys credentials as:

"Bob Smith"

"Bob has been around weapons for over thirty years."

That was it......;)

I'm sure it's gone now.... :rolleyes: