PDA

View Full Version : Euthanasia kits on sale in UK for the depressed and unemployed

Surf n Turf
03-29-2009, 13:24
Euthanasia kits on sale in UK for the depressed and unemployed
'Dr Death' sells euthanasia kits in UK for £35

Healthy people will kill themselves to avoid becoming a burden on their families, say critics

Testing kits that allow people to check the strength of drugs they have bought in order to commit suicide are to be sold in the UK by one of the world's leading advocates of euthanasia.

Dr Philip Nitschke, an Australian physician known as Dr Death for his enthusiastic promotion of a person's right to take his own life, believes the UK is a suitable place to run a trial of the kits, which he has been developing in his laboratory. But Nitschke's actions have revived concerns that healthy elderly and vulnerable people will end up killing themselves in the belief that they have become a burden to their families.

Last autumn, Nitschke's organisation, Exit International, provoked uproar in the UK when it held workshops giving people advice on how they could end their lives. One workshop in Bournemouth was cancelled after the council stepped in. However, a similar event went ahead in central London and was reported to have been well attended.

But now Exit is provoking further controversy with its plans to sell the barbiturate-testing kits here. In the latest issue of its magazine Deliverance, Exit explains how it created a purpose-built laboratory to test "end-of-life options". The article continues: "Calibration of the chemicals involved is essential so that those using the test will be certain that the drugs they test will give them a peaceful and reliable death.

"The kit is scheduled for release in the UK in May and will be available internationally shortly after that."
http://www.viciousbabushka.com/2009/03/euthanasia-kits-on-sale-in-uk-for-the-depressed-and-unemployed.html

Paslode
03-29-2009, 13:37
That is just plain sick.

frostfire
03-29-2009, 15:47
almost thought it's April's fools...

Had a debate about this a few years ago. There's plenty of potential abuse

nmap
03-29-2009, 15:50
But isn't it interesting that they have nationalized health care - and also this?

Because making euthanasia/suicide quick and easy cuts costs.

A dangerous path, truly. And one we seem ready to tread.

jasonglh
03-29-2009, 15:52
Most that overdose are not trying very hard or at least that is my experience. People that are serious tend to get it right the first time.

Had a lady one time with cancer overdose and shoot herself in the head while standing in a chair with a noose tied to a rafter in the garage. She was DRT or dead right there.

SF_BHT
03-29-2009, 16:55
Might come in handy for a XMAS present for the Ex.....:D

Serious the Great O might start dispensing them here to help out with our economic problems. Doc K might me the new spokes person for them.

Slantwire
03-30-2009, 11:32
I thought it was outlandish in Children of Men. Guess I was wrong.

greenberetTFS
03-30-2009, 12:36
But isn't it interesting that they have nationalized health care - and also this?

Because making euthanasia/suicide quick and easy cuts costs.

A dangerous path, truly. And one we seem ready to tread.

nmap,

I think your absolutely right. It's scary thinking that we maybe heading down that path...................:(

GB TFS :munchin