PDA

View Full Version : Jewel Trigger

JHB
03-28-2009, 17:19
In the market for a jewel trigger for "Colt" HBar.. everybody in the pipe is out and or no longer able to keep up with demand. Anybody have any for sale and or respectable location for purchase?

Mycroft
04-02-2009, 22:22
Google found this in stock at midway...

http://www.midwayusa.com/Eproductpage.Exe/showproduct?saleitemid=709049

Is this what you are looking for?

JHB
04-03-2009, 08:06
I did see that one but I have the large pin in my lower. I will keep digging...Maybe one day we can climb out of this mess......in 4 years.

koz
04-03-2009, 09:11
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23172&title=RIFLE%20TRIGGER

Brownells has them in stock - Apr 3rd - 1010CDT

Sinister
04-05-2009, 09:13
I've had three or four Jewells and have since either given them away to junior shooters or sold them off.

The standard for after-market match triggers (and available for "Big Hole" Colts) is the Geissele High Speed Trigger from Geissele Automatics. Bill only makes AR/M16 triggers. They've been tested to 200,000 + cycles. They're hand fitted. They have the fastest lock-time of all aftermarket triggers and take GI hammer and trigger springs.

There are two grades -- National Match and Super Semi Automatic.

The Jewell has a fairly slow lock time compared to the Geissele but is faster than the Knight's Armaments trigger. The hammer springs are also lighter and tend to wear out quicker. The hammer and trigger pins are also not secured in the lower receiver as well and may "Walk" or work themselves out the side of your lower.

koz
04-05-2009, 13:31
I will second the Geissele recommendation. Also in stock at Brownells -
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=26433&st=gei&s=

Peregrino
04-05-2009, 19:44
I've had three or four Jewells and have since either given them away to junior shooters or sold them off.

The standard for after-market match triggers (and available for "Big Hole" Colts) is the Geissele High Speed Trigger from Geissele Automatics. Bill only makes AR/M16 triggers. They've been tested to 200,000 + cycles. They're hand fitted. They have the fastest lock-time of all aftermarket triggers and take GI hammer and trigger springs.

There are two grades -- National Match and Super Semi Automatic.

The Jewell has a fairly slow lock time compared to the Geissele but is faster than the Knight's Armaments trigger. The hammer springs are also lighter and tend to wear out quicker. The hammer and trigger pins are also not secured in the lower receiver as well and may "Walk" or work themselves out the side of your lower.

I'll "3rd" the recommendation. I just had two installed; one in a .308, the other in a 5.56. I went with their DMR trigger, it's a little different from the two you (Sinister) listed; the web site does a better job of explaining the difference than I can. They've also got a non-adjustable version now that is supposed to "blow the RRA triggers out of the water". They were NOT drop ins; however, installation was fairly straightforward and the end result is well worth it. To put it in context - I've used a Krieger-Milazo (sp?) in my service rifle for the last 15 years with no complaints, I run the RRA 2 stage triggers in my carbines, and I've used friend's rifles with the Jewel triggers. I'm thoroughly impressed with the Giesseles. My .02.

koz
04-05-2009, 20:15
I'll "3rd" the recommendation. I just had two installed; one in a .308, the other in a 5.56. I went with their DMR trigger, it's a little different from the two you (Sinister) listed; the web site does a better job of explaining the difference than I can. They've also got a non-adjustable version now that is supposed to "blow the RRA triggers out of the water". They were NOT drop ins; however, installation was fairly straightforward and the end result is well worth it. To put it in context - I've used a Krieger-Milazo (sp?) in my service rifle for the last 15 years with no complaints, I run the RRA 2 stage triggers in my carbines, and I've used friend's rifles with the Jewel triggers. I'm thoroughly impressed with the Giesseles. My .02.

The SSA is the Super Semi Automatic. It's a non-adjustable two stage that runs about $170. They're out of stock everywhere. (Unless someone has gotten a shipment in - and please let us know:cool:)

The National Match or the Hi Speed National Match (most call it the Hi-Speed) comes in three "flavors" - Service Rifle, Match Rifle, and DMR. I wouldn't trade my DMR's for any other two stage trigger. (Knight's, Jewell, Timney, RRA, etc..)

Website is www.geissele.com