PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, this is a real story

Jason_
03-28-2009, 14:00
Mexico City, Mexico, Mar 27, 2009 / 04:59 pm (CNA).- During her recent visit to Mexico, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unexpected stop at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and left a bouquet of white flowers “on behalf of the American people,” after asking who painted the famous image.

The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe was miraculously imprinted by Mary on the tilma, or cloak, of St. Juan Diego in 1531. The image has numerous unexplainable phenomena, such as the appearance on Mary’s eyes of those present in the room when the tilma was opened and the image’s lack of decay.

Mrs. Clinton was received on Thursday at 8:15 a.m. by the rector of the Basilica, Msgr. Diego Monroy.

Msgr. Monroy took Mrs. Clinton to the famous image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which had been previously lowered from its usual altar for the occasion.

After observing it for a while, Mrs. Clinton asked “who painted it?” to which Msgr. Monroy responded “God!”

Clinton then told Msgr. Monroy that she had previously visited the old Basilica in 1979, when the new one was still under construction.

After placing a bouquet of white flowers by the image, Mrs. Clinton went to the quemador –the open air area at the Basilica where the faithful light candles- and lit a green candle.

Leaving the basilica half an hour later, Mrs. Clinton told some of the Mexicans gathered outside to greet her, “you have a marvelous virgin!”

This evening Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is set to receive the highest award given by Planned Parenthood Federation of America -- the Margaret Sanger Award, named for the organization's founder, a noted eugenicist. The award will be presented at a gala event in Houston, Texas.

Can you imagine the media response if George Bush Jr. had done this?

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=15511

echoes
03-28-2009, 14:51
Jason,

Now it is "Planned Parenthood?"

Ah, hell, it is snowing here today.

Holly:munchin

Jason_
03-28-2009, 16:08
I'll trade you that snow for our half ***ed drizzling rain here in D.C. :(

Definately an annoying type of weather. I would prefer a monsoon to this.

echoes
03-28-2009, 16:22
I'll trade you that snow for our half ***ed drizzling rain here in D.C. :(

Half of your what drizzling rain sir?

Am curious. As the topic of this thread is, after all, "Sadly, this is a real story."

Holly:munchin

Jason_
03-28-2009, 16:28
I meant it was drizzling rain here in D.C. recently, and since you mentioned it was snowing where you were at, jokingly offered a trade. No relation to the original post, merely responding to your comment with jealousy. :)

Gypsy
03-28-2009, 16:33
Now it is "Planned Parenthood?"

Holly,

The organization has always been known as Planned Parenthood.

Jason_
03-28-2009, 16:36
Yes the organization provides "family planning."

It really is a great euphemism, since by their logic a person who defaults on a loan could go into the bank, shoot the banker, and call it "financial planning." :rolleyes:

echoes
03-28-2009, 16:39
Holly,

Yes, indeed, and thank you Gypsy.

Jason has mentioned Abortion and Planned Parenthood in his recent posts, and was just curious if there was a theme.

Holly

Red Flag 1
03-28-2009, 17:45
Holly,

Gypsy,

I've always had trouble with the "planned parenthood" term. Somehow, my weee simple, little brain has always changed the word "planned" to "convenient"., But then, perhaps I am a bit daft.

I am a father of three, and a grandfather of four. Each life is a gift and a responsibility. Those that choose "convenient parenthood", reject the gift, and shun responsibility IMHO.

I guess that is the true sadness in this thread. I also fail to see any "comedy" here.

My $.02.

RF 1

echoes
03-28-2009, 18:17
Gypsy,

I've always had trouble with the "planned parenthood" term. Somehow, my weee simple, little brain has always changed the word "planned" to "convenient"., But then, perhaps I am a bit daft.

I am a father of three, and a grandfather of four. Each life is a gift and a responsibility. Those that choose "convenient parenthood", reject the gift, and shun responsibility IMHO.

I guess that is the true sadness in this thread. I also fail to see any "comedy" here.

My $.02.

RF 1

This topic, of course, is not one of comedy, and is not thought so by any of the women I know on this site, IMO.

My comments to the originator of this thread were meant to show a theme of their posts, and nothing more.

Sitting in judgement, of another persons actions, is not my place, right, or responsibility.

Holly

Jason_
03-28-2009, 20:09
This topic, of course, is not one of comedy, and is not thought so by any of the women I know on this site, IMO.

My comments to the originator of this thread were meant to show a theme of their posts, and nothing more.

Sitting in judgement, of another persons actions, is not my place, right, or responsibility.

Holly

Point taken. The reason why I posted this and why it is in the comedy zone is due to with Hillary Clintons gaffe on "our lady of guadaloupe" and asking who painted it. I felt it comedic that she had asked such a foolish question, and pointed out the MSM would have been all over George Bush had he done similar. The mention of planned parenthood and abortion at the end of the article is an addendum that after I read the article myself I felt was out of place, and had nothing to do with why I posted it.
I have more class than to start a post on abortion on a site in which I am a guest, and I apologize if I opened a can of worms on this by any misunderstanding as to why I posted this article. I only commented on abortion after it was raised.

Gypsy
03-28-2009, 20:14
It really is a great euphemism, since by their logic a person who defaults on a loan could go into the bank, shoot the banker, and call it "financial planning." :rolleyes:

Huh? Yeah, well I'm not advocating or dissing the organization.

I am pointing out they have always been known as Planned Parenthood. Perhaps I misunderstood Holly's original post "Now it is Planned Parenthood?" in that it sounded as if she thought it had changed names.

Perhaps you should read up on Margaret Sanger. I am not "for abortion" but she pioneered a woman's right to use birth control. She's a controversial figure to be sure however I don't consider preventive birth control to be the same as abortion.

Remington Raidr
03-29-2009, 16:59
Perhaps you should read up on Margaret Sanger. I am not "for abortion" but she pioneered a woman's right to use birth control. She's a controversial figure to be sure however I don't consider preventive birth control to be the same as abortion.

Yes. Controversial. She was ALL about rights.

Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

She was a peach, I tell ya. A peach. Hitler without the army.

IF she was still around she would be a purrfect fit for H&HS Secretary.

Gypsy
03-29-2009, 19:34
Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child,

Hell we all know there are some people in this world that should adhere to this... :D

Seriously, there isn't much I applaud when it comes to her, as far as most of her ideas and so forth. The ability to now have a choice to use birth control as a preventive? Absolutely. Many women died from botched abortions because they didn't have that choice (contraception) back in the day.

Saoirse
03-29-2009, 19:44
Mexico City, Mexico, Mar 27, 2009 / 04:59 pm (CNA).- During her recent visit to Mexico, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton made an unexpected stop at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe and left a bouquet of white flowers “on behalf of the American people,” after asking who painted the famous image.The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe was miraculously imprinted by Mary on the tilma, or cloak, of St. Juan Diego in 1531. The image has numerous unexplainable phenomena, such as the appearance on Mary’s eyes of those present in the room when the tilma was opened and the image’s lack of decay.
Mrs. Clinton was received on Thursday at 8:15 a.m. by the rector of the Basilica, Msgr. Diego Monroy.
Msgr. Monroy took Mrs. Clinton to the famous image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which had been previously lowered from its usual altar for the occasion.
After observing it for a while, Mrs. Clinton asked “who painted it?” to which Msgr. Monroy responded “God!”
Clinton then told Msgr. Monroy that she had previously visited the old Basilica in 1979, when the new one was still under construction. The modern basilica was built between 1974 and 1976 by the Mexican architect Pedro Ramírez Vázquez
After placing a bouquet of white flowers by the image, Mrs. Clinton went to the quemador –the open air area at the Basilica where the faithful light candles- and lit a green candle.

Leaving the basilica half an hour later, Mrs. Clinton told some of the Mexicans gathered outside to greet her, “you have a marvelous virgin!”:confused:

This evening Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is set to receive the highest award given by Planned Parenthood Federation of America -- the Margaret Sanger Award, named for the organization's founder, a noted eugenicist. The award will be presented at a gala event in Houston, Texas.
Can you imagine the media response if George Bush Jr. had done this?
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=15511

Just taking it back to the original article posted. I find it ironic and rather hypcritical of her to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe also known as the Virgin Mother Mary. Our Lady is also known as the Protectress of the Unborn . It just goes to show the ongoing lies (oops, sorry, she mispoke) and hypocrisy of HER! Not to mention her idiotic comment about "you have a marvelous virgin!". How insulting. :mad: She does erase all doubt when she opens her mouth! She is about as bright as a small appliance bulb!

Kyobanim
03-29-2009, 20:50
I moved this thread. It's too depressing for the comedy section

Saoirse
03-30-2009, 05:52
I moved this thread. It's too depressing for the comedy section

Thanks Kyo... I couldn't agree with you more.
IT IS depressing that stupid people like her are in the positions they are in in our government and then are allowed to travel to other countries. Makes us all look stupid! :(