PDA

View Full Version : New neck knife by Spartan Blades

MILDOT
03-27-2009, 08:29
Hey all,

Mcarey and I have had many requests for a neck knife over the last few months so we decided to do one. We finished up the design, some solid modeling and are planning for manufacture to be completed in May some time.

The plan is to offer it in three colors Black, Green, and Flat Dark Earth. Additionally, it will come with a quality kydex sheath from Okuden.

We would welcome your guys thoughts on this one as we haven't gone into production yet. We may be adding a type of depression to the front of the blade in order to help the kydex sheath "grasp" better.

We are pretty jazzed about this one:D

Please see the attached PDF. (Yeah I know you can take the man out of the Army but you can't take away the .PPT skills)....LOL

Curtis

x SF med
03-27-2009, 08:43
Curt-
Looks good, in a familiar kind of way...:D

I'll test it for you while sailing...

Claemore
03-27-2009, 14:12
That is a cool design. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Razor
03-27-2009, 15:06
Good looking blade. The single lanyard hole and widely spaced cut outs in the handle will make cord wrapping it a bitch, though.

PiterM
03-27-2009, 16:41
that looks very good to me :D

DDD
03-27-2009, 16:55
We may be adding a type of depression to the front of the blade in order to help the kydex sheath "grasp" better.

Curtis

Curt,
I don't understand why you would need to do this (but then again I don't design knives, just use them). I like the knife, just put me down for one and tell me when and where to send the money.
G

6.8SPC_DUMP
03-27-2009, 19:47
I'd imagine "civilian compromise" is not a consideration for your "knifes with intent" and that America's bravest are better off for it. But this is great news for those of us who can't carry a fixed blade of over 3 inches (w/o a permit->NY).

cosmok
03-28-2009, 18:40
That looks like a winner. Are you guys going to have a prototype at blade?

Eric

adal
03-28-2009, 20:10
Like DDD needs another knife.;)

mcarey
03-30-2009, 07:56
That looks like a winner. Are you guys going to have a prototype at blade?

Eric

Eric,

We will have tham at Blade. We should put them up on our site and get the word out to our current dealers just before Blade.

Mark

swatsurgeon
03-30-2009, 11:40
I'm not an expert....except maybe with a scalpel....but rather than produce a knife that is so similiar to others already on the market, why not follow your theme of a different blade style like your Ares. Seems to be a great reverse grip knife and a smaller "neck knife" with the same functionality seems to make sense.
just my 2 cents ....from a complete amateur when it comes to these types of knives. I have a PS.com knife and yours would be "same but different' but in a market that has 5-6 similiar designs already, you may want to change the game alittle???

ss

MILDOT
03-30-2009, 14:25
G,
Yep your right!! We decided not to go with the dimple in the blade. We are going going to run the kydex up to the first hole in the blade to ensure that the sheath retains the kydex. Good call!!!

Curtis

MILDOT
03-30-2009, 14:38
Swatsureon,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, I was trying to make the knife look similar to Ares and different from most of the others out there...LOL :D My intent was to avoid another neck knife with a bunch of holes in it.

Anyway, I hear you loud and clear.

Thanks again for your thoughts brother

wookie
03-31-2009, 09:44
i like it a lot

great litlle knife

wookie

x SF med
03-31-2009, 18:49
Eric,

We will have tham at Blade. We should put them up on our site and get the word out to our current dealers just before Blade.

Mark

Bring some to OKC in Eugene too, I need to look at them. I should have the cha-ching for a nice Ares...

I think Mr H could be persuaded to bring his knife signing machine with him - so you guys can scratch up the blade for me.

72_Wilderness
04-01-2009, 05:25
Any chance of an optional belt or molle sheath?
:munchin

72W

mcarey
04-01-2009, 06:38
The sheath we envision now will have IWB loop (removable) and grommets to use neck chain or Molle Lock from Blade-tech.

mcarey
04-01-2009, 06:40
Bring some to OKC in Eugene too, I need to look at them. I should have the cha-ching for a nice Ares...

I think Mr H could be persuaded to bring his knife signing machine with him - so you guys can scratch up the blade for me.

I will have some Ares with me. I am sure I can hook you up! Mildot will not be with me though, so I will be the only one available to sign. Mark

Rob_0811
04-06-2009, 09:18
If you are looking for volunteers for testing your knives, I will be willing to do so.

I'm a giver....:D

kublai
04-07-2009, 00:03
That is a great looking design. Thank you for sharing. I'd love to see a 4"' bladed version.

mcarey
04-08-2009, 15:05
That is a great looking design. Thank you for sharing. I'd love to see a 4"' bladed version.
We will keep that in mind as a nother possible model. This version is under the 3" law for NYC and other restricticted carry areas.

mcarey
05-23-2009, 20:21
Hey guys let us know what you think. Enyo knife is available in black or flat dark earth with matching color paracord lanyard and spartan helmet bead. They will come with matching kydex sheath, IWB loop, nickel plated SS neck chain and 24" of 550 Cord. Eyelets are spaced to allow use of blade tech hardware (techlok or mollelok). We will introduce at Blade show next weekend.

alelks
05-23-2009, 20:44
Hey guys let us know what you think. Enyo knife is available in black or flat dark earth with matching color paracord lanyard and spartan helmet bead. They will come with matching kydex sheath, IWB loop, nickel plated SS neck chain and 24" of 550 Cord. Eyelets are spaced to allow use of blade tech hardware (techlok or mollelok). We will introduce at Blade show next weekend.

Now that's just down right sick looking!

Nice job!

Fiercely Loyal
05-24-2009, 02:37
I like the IWB idea. maybe tuck it behind my mags when I carry. Great looking blade. IS the finish a really difficult process to do? Is it something similar to duracoat?

wookie
05-24-2009, 09:17
what will be the price?

thanks wookie

mcarey
05-24-2009, 16:37
IS the finish a really difficult process to do? Is it something similar to duracoat?

The finish is a physical vapor deposition of metals. Very durable, but not something you can do at home. We use a company in Greensboro that does the same for Kershaw, Zero Tolerance, Remington, Sig Sauer and FN. It does cost a bit more than other coatings, but it is awesome for corrision resistance, is very hard and does not stain.

mcarey
05-24-2009, 16:38
what will be the price?

thanks wookie

$150.00 MSRP

bobby efurd
06-01-2009, 06:41
My wife and I just returned from the 2009 Blade Show. Made several purchases.
Bought a Enyo neck knife and a Horkos from Spartan. Wonderful design and balance. I have the Enyo around my neck as we speak.
Mark, It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope everything goes well.
I have another Blade Show story about a former Oregan logger. I will post later.
Bobby

mcarey
06-08-2009, 15:19
My wife and I just returned from the 2009 Blade Show. Made several purchases.
Bought a Enyo neck knife and a Horkos from Spartan. Wonderful design and balance. I have the Enyo around my neck as we speak.
Mark, It was a pleasure meeting you. Hope everything goes well.
I have another Blade Show story about a former Oregan logger. I will post later.
Bobby

Bobby, It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. Thanks again for your business, enjoy the knives and let me know how you like them. All the best to you! Mark

Claemore
06-08-2009, 15:45
You guys sure do some awesome work. That knife means business!

Claemore
06-08-2009, 15:51
Just looked at your website and saw the Horkos. That is my current favorite. Wish I wasn't broke.

gtcrispy
06-16-2009, 16:33
Any idea when they'll be back in stock?

mcarey
06-17-2009, 20:59
Any idea when they'll be back in stock?

I have 50 in for coating now. I should get them on Friday or Monday, so by Wednesday or Thursday of next week they will be back "in stock". For how long I don't know; the first 50 went in a week and a half!

gtcrispy
06-19-2009, 23:55
I have 50 in for coating now. I should get them on Friday or Monday, so by Wednesday or Thursday of next week they will be back "in stock". For how long I don't know; the first 50 went in a week and a half!

Haha alrighty. Thanks.

MILDOT
06-25-2009, 05:24
Haha alrighty. Thanks.

Hey brother, that cool guy 1st SFG(A) flash of yours gets you the right to reserve an Enyo from the next batch.:cool: Just give us a call or shoot us an email.

Mildot

gtcrispy
06-28-2009, 17:02
Hey brother, that cool guy 1st SFG(A) flash of yours gets you the right to reserve an Enyo from the next batch.:cool: Just give us a call or shoot us an email.

Mildot

Thanks. I'll drop you an email in a few.

MasterOfMyFate
01-01-2010, 14:29
Just looked at your website and saw the Horkos. That is my current favorite. Wish I wasn't broke.

I appear to be a day late and a dollar short (Actually, 6months late, and $310 short, but who's counting?!), but I just happened to check the website also, and I must concur tht the Horkos is one sexy "sharp pointy thing".

wet dog
01-01-2010, 15:40

If knife making could be compared to golf, then I'm a 'hacker'. Get after it, and start making more knives. You have some real talent, I know you'll go far.

Look for me in Ft. Collins in the next couple weeks, we'll grab coffee.

WD

Claemore
01-01-2010, 19:01
Definitely, Wet Dog. Sounds good to me. Let me know.

x SF med
01-02-2010, 11:08
I'm surprised MilDot and Mcarey didn't take my suggestion for a new name for Horkos... in flat dark earth... I thought it looked like the "Golden Knife of Death" ... before I had dinner and beers with them.:D

The Reaper
01-02-2010, 11:42
I'm surprised MilDot and Mcarey didn't take my suggestion for a new name for Horkos... in flat dark earth... I thought it looked like the "Golden Knife of Death" ... before I had dinner and beers with them.:D

Too long to fit on the box.:D

TR

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-02-2010, 21:15
I'm using my PS knife as a neck knife using the black chain that came with my SIG knife. Works great!:D

x SF med
01-03-2010, 00:27
Too long to fit on the box.:D

TR

Not if you remove that large and gaudy black and gold sticker they plaster on the boxes...:cool:

wet dog
01-04-2010, 20:52
A little one I like, blade is 3 3/4" x 1".

WD

Claemore
01-04-2010, 22:17
I've got one that I made that either goes as a pocket fixed blade or necker.