PDA

View Full Version : FREE NRA Membership!

alelks
03-24-2009, 21:13
I figured this would be the best place to post this.

NRA is offering a FREE one year membership for a limited time. I'm not sure how much longer they will be doing this.

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

AL

SF_BHT
03-25-2009, 10:34
Thanks Al That post reminded me to update my membership......

Pete
03-25-2009, 10:36
Less paperwork

cornelyj
03-25-2009, 10:58
I took the 35 seconds to fill it out... and

Thanks alelks I think you just gave me a 1 year subscription to American Rifle Magazine or something..... have to wait and see what comes in the mail.

alelks
03-25-2009, 11:18
HaHa!

Just noticed that I misspelled membership in the title. Can someone fix it?

AL

Saoirse
03-25-2009, 11:39
AL.. thanks for the link! I signed up (AGAIN). Wait and see what comes in the mail.

grog18b
03-25-2009, 13:38
Thanks Brother Al. I re-newed mine too. GROG

TOMAHAWK9521
03-25-2009, 15:04
Here's something that's fun to do if you are living near Boulder, CO (49 square miles surrounded by reality) or Berzerkley, CA or any college campus for that matter.

A fellow QP in my unit used to do this before he became an upstanding LEO. Every year he would get his new NRA membership and with it, his NRA bumper sticker. Now, being the smart-ass that we all aspire to be, in between classes, he would peruse the parking lots until he found the most hippied-out, trustafarian vehicle that was covered in wacky bumper stickers like "Earth First", "Greenpeace", "Jane Fonda Isn't a Criminal", "Save The Baby Condor-Easting Seals", "Gay Commie Dictators are People Too", "Let's All Be Unwashed Social Lepers Together", or "My Right-Wing Dictator Breeder Parents Got Me This POS BMW When I Really Wanted That Bitchin' Tricked-Out Hummer".

My fellow QP would look for the best spot on the car to add just one more sticker. He never placed it in an open spot since that would be vandalism. He would find the ideal place where it wouldn't be easily noticed by the owner since their SA was usually sub-par. However, others who saw the car because it was an obvious eyesore would always bend over laughing when they came across that beacon of sanity amidst the sea of irrational diarrhea. If that didn't clue-in the owner, one of their fellow throwbacks from logic and reason would rabidly chastise them for their reprehensibility. My fellow QP would then count how many days it took for his subject to discover the abhorrent spot of reason on their vehicle. The result was usually a haphazard attempt to scrape the lovely NRA sticker off their car, usually removing or ruining several of the surrounding stickers. Sometimes the target had become so maniacal they savaged their vehicles in unnecessary ways. Big splotches of paint were seen in some years.

Yes, it was rather sophomoric and hardly professional. But when you have to sit in rooms with these "high-minded" intellectuals for months on end, it's one of those small victories that makes you chuckle knowing you brought one of the lofty beings down to their true irrational form. :D

Slade
03-25-2009, 15:13
But when you have to sit in rooms with these "high-minded" intellectuals for months on end, it's one of those small victories that makes you chuckle knowing you brought one of the lofty beings down to their true irrational form

I am on the same frequency as you Tomahahawk. It has been an uphill battle for 4 years. Luckily, because of my new membership with the NRA, my bumper sticker is in the mail. :D

Gypsy
03-25-2009, 18:30
Thanks, alelks!

Viking
03-25-2009, 21:16
Filled out and sent. Thanks for the link.

Blitzzz (RIP)
03-26-2009, 03:58
Did it again, Think I should be a life time member. Blitz

sapper
03-26-2009, 10:33
Renewed, thanks for the intel.

Blitz, get some sleep(03:58 Post)....:p

:lifter:lifter

Snaquebite
03-26-2009, 10:59
Lifetime Member since 1963. My dad bought it for me when I was a kid.

Pulsar
03-26-2009, 12:04
Thanks!

lksteve
03-26-2009, 17:47
Less paperworkBenefactor...the solicitations never end...:rolleyes:

Saoirse
04-12-2009, 11:05
I re-enrolled with the NRA on 3/26 and still have not received anything in the mail. I am sure they were flooded with new memberships and it may take a little time...
BUT has anyone received anything in the mail from the NRA on their new membership/renewal?

Gypsy
04-12-2009, 11:21
Not yet. I'm guessing they were truly overwhelmed. Armymom said she called them (post from a different site) and they said 4-6 weeks IIRC before anything would be received...

PR31C
04-20-2009, 09:32
I re-enrolled with the NRA on 3/26 and still have not received anything in the mail. I am sure they were flooded with new memberships and it may take a little time...
BUT has anyone received anything in the mail from the NRA on their new membership/renewal?

I filled out the membership the day Alelks posted it (3-24) and received my membership packet on Friday, Apr 17th.

Saoirse
04-20-2009, 09:35
BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohooo... I got my card and membership letter last week, Wed., April 15. I was sooooo excited!
Now I am off to my CCW class. Ayup... another woman with a gun and a license to carry!! :lifter

cornelyj
04-20-2009, 11:35
just got mine today also free of charge...

Nice sticker for laptop and nice card for wallet...

Thanks for the Post!:cool:

Gypsy
04-22-2009, 17:37
Yep, received mine the other day as well. I'm going to go ahead and do a renewal right now, it's $10.00 off of the standard membership fee of $35.00!

grog18b
04-30-2009, 16:39
Got mine in the mail. New sticker for the truck window, and new card for the wallet. Thanks guys and gals! GROG

SF_BHT
04-30-2009, 17:38
Mine was free and arrived when I was TDY.

Red Flag 1
04-30-2009, 17:55

Yup, I got a bill.

armymom1228
04-30-2009, 18:13
Mine was free and arrived when I was TDY.

Mine arrived last Friday. Immediately reupped for another year.
AM

PSM
04-30-2009, 19:21
I imagine that the NRA's plan is to swell their ranks to scare the lefties into hunkering down on their attack on the 2nd Amendment. That's good.

Unfortunately, next year, when few of the new members renew, the MSM, having not covered the increase, will run with the headline of huge declining NRA membership numbers.

I hope the NRA leadership thought this through.

Pat