PDA

View Full Version : Some Guantanamo prisoners could be released in U.S.

Surf n Turf
03-18-2009, 19:54
What kind of Idiots does the administration think we are to tolerate this? :mad:
Snt

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Some of the Guantanamo Bay prisoners could be released into the United States while others could be put on trial in the American court system, Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday.

Holder told reporters at the Justice Department that the administration's review, made on a case-by-case basis, would determine whether the prisoners need to be put on trial or whether they can be released. "For those who are in that second category, who can be released, there are a variety of options that we have. Among them is the possibility that we could release them into this country," he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090318/us_nm/us_guantanamo_holder

18DWife
03-18-2009, 19:57
So wrong ...:mad:

sigh ..is it 2012 yet :(

Gypsy
03-18-2009, 20:37
Excellent. Just perfect. They can join their cronies here, how nice for them.

The President is appointing idiots.

Paslode
03-18-2009, 21:33
I can't grasp how this could be thought of as a good decision.....I just don't get it. This is like letting Charlie Manson or John Wayne Gasey back into the population!

We can pray it is just a diversion to take our minds off something even more important., or maybe we're all just having a bad dream.

:rolleyes:

sleepyhead4
03-18-2009, 21:36
With all these stupid decisions, I hope we're not shooting ourselves in the foot (speaking generally as an American). We've been safe from terrorism for the past 8 plus years...how much longer will we be safe if we let these terrorists run free in this country? :(

HQ6
03-18-2009, 21:53
how much longer will we be safe if we let these terrorists run free in this country? :(

I think that is the crux of it and what Cheney was getting at the other day. It is decisions like these that are making us less and less safe. Sadly, the general sheeples will not recognize that until we have more planes flying into buildings or little baggies of anthrax dropped into the ventilation systems because the fact that we haven't been hit with a terrorists attack in almost 8 years has NOTHING to do with Bush or his policies (which Obama is systematically overturning) ... right? As long as we got the historic moment at his inauguration who cares about the four or eight (that is just a nauseating idea) years to follow. The nasty mean terrorists and those who support them will see what a wonderful tolerant nation of infidels we are and leave us alone.

Someone wake me up when this is over because it is killing me watching this unfold every day policy by dumb ass policy and bill by expensive (and unnecessary) bill.

bluebb
03-18-2009, 21:58
INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
Sec. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]
(B) Terrorist activities-

(i) 3/ 4/ 4a/ IN GENERAL.-Any alien who-

(I) has engaged in a terrorist activity,

(II) a consular officer, the Attorney General, or the Secretary of Homeland Security knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, is engaged in or is likely to engage after entry in any terrorist activity (as defined in clause (iv));

(III) has, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily harm, incited terrorist activity;

(IV) is a representative (as defined in clause (v)) of--

(aa) a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(bb) a political, social, or other group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity;

(V) is a member of a terrorist organization described in subclause (I) or (II) of clause (vi);

(VI) is a member of a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the alien can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that the alien did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization;

(VII) endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization;

(VIII) has received military-type training (as defined in section 2339D(c)(1) of title 18, United States Code) from or on behalf of any organization that, at the time the training was received, was a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(IX) is the spouse or child of an alien who is inadmissible under this subparagraph, if the activity causing the alien to be found inadmissible occurred within the last 5 years, is inadmissible.

Pretty cut and dry in my book.

Hope they try and bring them in thru my port, it will get real interesting.
Blue

Defender968
03-19-2009, 14:10
INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
Sec. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]
(B) Terrorist activities-

(i) 3/ 4/ 4a/ IN GENERAL.-Any alien who-

(I) has engaged in a terrorist activity,

(II) a consular officer, the Attorney General, or the Secretary of Homeland Security knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, is engaged in or is likely to engage after entry in any terrorist activity (as defined in clause (iv));

(III) has, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily harm, incited terrorist activity;

(IV) is a representative (as defined in clause (v)) of--

(aa) a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(bb) a political, social, or other group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity;

(V) is a member of a terrorist organization described in subclause (I) or (II) of clause (vi);

(VI) is a member of a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the alien can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that the alien did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization;

(VII) endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization;

(VIII) has received military-type training (as defined in section 2339D(c)(1) of title 18, United States Code) from or on behalf of any organization that, at the time the training was received, was a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(IX) is the spouse or child of an alien who is inadmissible under this subparagraph, if the activity causing the alien to be found inadmissible occurred within the last 5 years, is inadmissible.

Pretty cut and dry in my book.

Hope they try and bring them in thru my port, it will get real interesting.
Blue

I think you're confusing the issue with the facts :D

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've heard out of the administration yet, and that's saying something considering....

Spartan359
03-19-2009, 16:20
So let me get this straight, the Administration wants to let loose some higly pissed off guys that have been sitting in prison, fueling their hatred of the United States, free to roam in general public with the rest of us? Riiiigghtt. There is NO WAY I would want payback. :mad:

greenberetTFS
03-19-2009, 16:48
So let me get this straight, the Administration wants to let loose some higly pissed off guys that have been sitting in prison, fueling their hatred of the United States, free to roam in general public with the rest of us? Riiiigghtt. There is NO WAY I would want payback. :mad:

It's incredible how this Administration thinks and acts........:confused:

GB TFS :munchin

st1650
03-19-2009, 16:49
Why not ? Microchip them and exterminate them as soon as they meet with their collaborators.

Rumblyguts
03-20-2009, 07:46
Just grasping at straws, but would this be a case of keeping your friends close, and keeping your enemies closer?

Other than that, the idea of releasing theme here seems to give the public more reason to profile/stereotype, which seems ironic for this administration.

Surf n Turf
03-26-2009, 19:23
Update – Mr. Rodgers neighborhood
Admiral Dennis Blair is insane :mad:
SnT

Terror inmates may be released in US: intel chief - Mar 26 06:59 PM US/Eastern
President Barack Obama's intelligence chief confirmed Thursday that some Guantanamo inmates may be released on US soil and receive assistance to return to society. " If we are to release them in the United States, we need some sort of assistance for them to start a new life," said National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair at his first press conference.
"You can't just put them on the street," he added. "All that is work in progress."
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.18e9e5692442aa61d7510553b5ffc14 e.e01&show_article=1

Jason_
03-27-2009, 00:43
Knowing who they are, we could monitor them. Releasing them might lead us to more given how careless some of them are. Just thinking outside the box here.

You all should know if it were not for potential gain, I would release all of them. It would just be at 5000 feet into the atmosphere. :D

Defender968
03-27-2009, 10:40
Knowing who they are, we could monitor them. Releasing them might lead us to more given how careless some of them are. Just thinking outside the box here.

Or they might walk into a school and kill a hundred kids, this is a bad idea no matter how you wrap it. It is not as easy as you think to track someone’s movement in the country if they know what they're doing, and these guys have had years to think it through. Letting wolves loose in the hen house so we can watch them is going to lead to dead chickens, period.

Spartan359
03-27-2009, 15:47
Or they might walk into a school and kill a hundred kids, this is a bad idea no matter how you wrap it. It is not as easy as you think to track someone’s movement in the country if they know what they're doing, and these guys have had years to think it through. Letting wolves loose in the hen house so we can watch them is going to lead to dead chickens, period.

I agree. The idea of having a Beslan style attack on one of our schools is unthinkable. It irks me to think that the Administration thinks these guys haven't harbored any animosity towards us.

I guess Obama hasn't read this article.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hZfIcWnHqBz4kQR90lC_pXaHeW4Q

The only assistance those guys need is a swift kick in the ass off the ramp of a C-130

Jason_
03-27-2009, 16:17
Point taken. I remember Beslan on the news.