PDA

View Full Version : Lower Price

kgoerz
03-18-2009, 19:35
I have several upper Receivers I stockpiled a year or so ago due to the upcoming elections. Its time to put together another complete AR. We were recently training at MVM'S new Range complex in MD. Excellent training facility by the way.
In their Pro Shop they had a complete LMT lower with a fixed Stock for $320.00. I am sure ill get an LEO discount, maybe 10%. I would like to get some opinions on this price.
I have several LMT Uppers and never had issue with them. Also the fact that I won't have to wait six months for delivery is a big plus. Is $320.00 for a complete fixed stock Lower reasonable these days. I want a fixed Stock this go around so thats a plus in this situation.

kawika
03-18-2009, 19:53
320 is an excellent price. Especially these days. I highly doubt you will find better. And LMT lowers are great, especially obviously if your using an LMT upper.

Like you said you don't have to wait...were currently waiting on DPMS lowers we ordered on deployment. Who knows when we'll get em. I'm paying 150ish which is decent, but 350 with parts and buttstock, very hard to beat. I see complete LMT rifles going for close to 800-1000 these days. Craziness.

6.8SPC_DUMP
03-19-2009, 20:47
I paid more recently for a fixed stock Stag lower...

I have several upper Receivers I stockpiled a year or so ago due to the upcoming elections.

Am I wrong to think that I won't be able to buy uppers after BHO legislation passes? Even though they are listed as gun accessories and I live in a state that has already banned all the goodies.

kgoerz
03-20-2009, 05:06
I paid more recently for a fixed stock Stag lower...

Am I wrong to think that I won't be able to buy uppers after BHO legislation passes? Even though they are listed as gun accessories and I live in a state that has already banned all the goodies.

Look at the price gouging and wait time by Gun companies right now. Three months ago I had to buy 21 lowers and 21 Uppers. I called every AR manufacturer out there. The best time quot I could get by two companies was four months. Most said 6 to 9 months. Several quoted 9 to 12 months.
Keep in mind I was ordering for an LEO Agency. Not one company could give a crap. They were all in back order mode. I understand the wait times. But the price gouging kind of pisses me off. But it's still a free market, I guess. The four uppers I have are all quality, Forward Rail Handgaurds with Bolt carrier groups included. I didn't pay over $300.00 for any of them. You won't find anything close to that price now.