PDA

View Full Version : Med gear/supplies websites?

crash
03-15-2009, 12:13
What are some good websites for medical gear and supplies?

One of the better ones I've found is chinookmed, they have a fairly wide selection and also NArescue.

More looking for new supplies than really companies. Although finding a company with a larger selection would be nice too.
I like to find new things and try them out see how they work, and if their better than what we have try to integrate whem into our supply.

Tried doing web searches haven't really found anything..
** just came across http://www.tqsresponseDOTcom/xcart/home.php?cat=272 They seem to have some interesting looking aid bags that I don't think i've seen before, anyone have experience with them?

mcarey
03-15-2009, 13:51
I think Chinook Med is the best at both customer service, cost and delivery. If they don'y have it, they will find it and get it for you. Call and ask for Michael Davenport for any large or unusual quote.

x SF med
03-15-2009, 13:59
Cheaper than Dirt has a few med kits and supplies - the prices aren't too bad either.

swatsurgeon
03-15-2009, 18:20
Crash,
What exactly are you looking for..........
a kit with everything to treat 1-3 patients during tactical ops? or MCI? or just particular supplies?????

ss

crash
03-15-2009, 18:57
Crash,
What exactly are you looking for..........

ss

New and innovative ideas.? Supplies right now; always an open eye for a better aid bag too. Mostly just want a wide selection of items.
Just wondering if there where any awesome sites maybe I hadn't found yet.

I can get most items through our supply, but there are certain things I like they do not have(Bolin, Hyfin chest seals). Would be nice to order everything from one place instead of separate orders; although I'm trying to convince our section to order some of the stuff, figured showing them why its better would help.

Mainly was just wondering whats new out there. Haven't really seen anything new on NARescue, or chinook med in a while.

swatsurgeon
03-15-2009, 19:08
New and innovative ideas.? Supplies right now; always an open eye for a better aid bag too. Mostly just want a wide selection of items.
Just wondering if there where any awesome sites maybe I hadn't found yet.

I can get most items through our supply, but there are certain things I like they do not have(Bolin, Hyfin chest seals). Would be nice to order everything from one place instead of separate orders; although I'm trying to convince our section to order some of the stuff, figured showing them why its better would help.

Mainly was just wondering whats new out there. Haven't really seen anything new on NARescue, or chinook med in a while.

Follow me on this one.....it's not usually the equipment that is new, just the recognition and education of what to use when. Make sense?
New and fancy decompression needles with a chest seal attached that has super stick against bloody chest wall tape would be useless if you didn't know how to recognize signs and symptoms of a tension PTX...I don't mean to be a wise-ass....just people look for the "L.C.C.D.I. factor and not the education or understanding of when or why to use it and under what circumstances....hence my original question.

ss

LCCDI = looks cool chicks dig it.....

rcm_18d
03-16-2009, 15:57
I work for TQS and so do a number of former operators (Navy, Army, Air Force, and IDC Marines). I do not work on the med supply side but I do know they are prefessional and good at customer service as well. They can configure things however you want in a timely manner. And we actually have guys that were really tier one as well!

Chinook is good as well!

crash
03-16-2009, 16:19
I totally understand where your coming from and agree, new does not mean better; cool does not mean you need it. I learned that the hard way, under the weight of a pack. Now I carry a very small med pack(m-9), and if I require anything larger I just pack an assault pack with what I need.

I do like to keep and eye on the market and see whats new. If I like it, pick one up test it out; if its in some way better than what I'm using now I switch.

Doczilla
03-17-2009, 00:38
I have had excellent dealings with Boundtree (which just merged with Tri-Anim). They've got a limited supply of "tactical" gear, though they do carry the major things like Israeli bandages, ACS, and some combat tourniquets like the MAT. Great for picking up things "non-tactical" to round out your equipment.

If you want to keep your eye on the market, walk the exhibit floor at the SOMA conference every december. If it's medical and possibly tactical, it's there.

'zilla

SF0
10-25-2009, 19:34
I may be ordering a few things from Rescue Essentials soon. Only 4.99 shipping to the lower 48 states. They have quite a selection, just about everything you may or may not want to put in an IFAK...

http://www.rescue-essentials.com/

Lanyard
10-25-2009, 19:45
I've had great service from Rescue Essentials, Chinook and TacMed Solutions.

http://www.tacmedsolutions.com/07/index.php