PDA

View Full Version : Alright...

Surgicalcric
01-28-2004, 12:49
Who let the darn'd cat out of the bag? lol :D

JD

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 15:05
The grapevine went public today, so I just found out about this place.
Not an SF dude, so I'll lurk and see what's up.
We Ranger heavy here yet?? :)

18C4V
01-28-2004, 15:13
Welcome aboard,
I think you're the first one.

CPTAUSRET
01-28-2004, 15:19
Welcome, Charlie:

Terry

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 15:23
I see people referring to the "other" site. Is SOCNET bad now or did I miss something?

CPTAUSRET
01-28-2004, 15:29
Originally posted by RangerCharlie
I see people referring to the "other" site. Is SOCNET bad now or did I miss something?

I have not seen anyone denegrating SOCNET!

Not at all!

Terry

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 15:35
Just testing the waters Capt'n. Didn't want to stick my foot in my mouth...

CPTAUSRET
01-28-2004, 15:39
Didn't want to stick my foot in my mouth...

Right Charlie, like you've never done that before::D

terry

NousDefionsDoc
01-28-2004, 15:43
No, nothing against SOCNET. Just two different options. People are free to use either or both. Just as Lighterfighter is geared to gear, Professional Soldiers.com is focused on Special Forces.

We wish our fellow soldiers at SOCNET nothing but success.

Welcome and enjoy.

HQ6
01-28-2004, 15:45
Welcome Ranger Charlie!

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 15:56
Dang Terry, you already slinging flechettes my way? :)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Like I mentioned, this is really a sneak and peek mission to see if I can catch the Greenies napping...

CPTAUSRET
01-28-2004, 16:12
Charlie:

Glad to see you here::)

Terry

brewmonkey
01-28-2004, 16:17
Where's the beer at? I was told there was beer here..........

Roguish Lawyer
01-28-2004, 16:18
Welcome, RC! I intend to go to both sites.

Surgicalcric
01-28-2004, 16:28
RangerCharlie:

Welcome.

JD

The Reaper
01-28-2004, 16:45

Charlie:

You seem like a good guy from my observations over on SOCNET.

You were properly welcomed, by all appearances.

Yet two of your first posts appear to be stirring the pot or trolling.

We have said nothing bad about SOCNET in here, as Terry noted, yet you seem to be looking for an argument. That will not be tolerated here on this site.

Please consider this a polite request to cease and desist. If this was an attempt at humor, it is misplaced. If you are doing this on your own to create dissention and ill will, is will not accomplish anything. If someone sent you here to start trouble, it will not be tolerated, and reflects discredibly on whoever would do that.

Have a great week.

TR

brownapple
01-28-2004, 17:20
Originally posted by brewmonkey
Where's the beer at? I was told there was beer here..........

I was told you were bringing it....

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 17:33
Zing!

Dang Reaper and I was going to tell you I might be coming to Bragg this weekend and was going to pop in! I'd end up hog tied! Better DX that idea!

Not trolling or causing a stir, I hope, just seeing where everyone went...I guess my recon went south as the trackers are on to me...

Terry started it! Dang gunship guys are always looking for trouble... :)

My apologies if I acted like a troll or trouble maker.

Good luck with the site

The Reaper
01-28-2004, 18:12
Not in the office much on the weekends, I live out in Pineland, near Camp Mackall.

If you need directions or anything else in the area, drop me a PM.

Thanks and drop in anytime.

TR

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 18:16
I was trying to get down to the SOF/Airborne museum, JFKSWC area on Saturday. Looks like that has fallen through. Maybe in Feb. some time.

Anyone thats been give me an idea of a tour time allotment? Family will be in tow so they might have a low attention span.

Surgicalcric
01-28-2004, 18:32
...Anyone thats been give me an idea of a tour time allotment? Family will be in tow so they might have a low attention span.
RC:

If you are going to the SOF/Airborne Museum you will need atleast an hour just to tour the museum area. If you wanna see the theater add another hour.

After that you have the SF specific museum and thats another hour. I cant remember the name of the road its on but TR can help you with directions. Lots of really good history in there. Then there are all the statues you will want to see. Add another 45 minutes to tour all those.

I toured them a month ago and well worth the time.

HTH,

JD

The Reaper
01-28-2004, 18:55
Concur with James on the ASOM. Could taker longer, I hear, if you visit Huske Hardware a few blocks down Hay Street for a couple of cold ones on the way.

The SF Museum will only take 30 minutes, the 82nd Museum an hour inside and a half hour outside with the planes. Both are on Ardennes. Nothing to see at SWCS except the outside of the fun facilities.

COL Bull Simons statue is outside the SF Museum on the SWCS Memorial Plaza. MAJ Dick Meadows and Bronze Bruce are behind USASOC HQs off Reilley Rd.

Let me know a few days out, I can give you a sequence that is most efficient.

TR

RangerCharlie
01-28-2004, 18:56
I looked up the website and it looked pretty nice. My sister lives near Kenly which is about an hour or so from there. I figured on a half a day or so, but probably longer. Never been there as a civy, so it would be neat to drive around the base a little to see the sites.
Any place that shows the static displays around the base? Tanks/helos/planes and such?

Surgicalcric
01-28-2004, 19:23
Originally posted by The Reaper
Concur with James on the ASOM. Could taker longer, I hear, if you visit Huske Hardware a few blocks down Hay Street for a couple of cold ones on the way...TR

It will definately take longer if you stop by Huske. I can vouch for that. They have some good microbrews if you are into that. I was a bit too much. 316 Oyster Bar is a good place for dinner if you stay around post that late. Good seafood there. D9(RipperTOW) recommends the Super Rooster Shooter to start the evening with. :D

You will want to bring along a good camera. The Col Simons, Maj Meadows and Bronze Bruce are definately photo worthy to say the least. Great tributes for great men.

As for planes/tanks/helos. I dont know of many on post but there is a C-17and an AH-6 Little Bird hanging from the ceiling of the ASOM and a WWII Glider and a M-155? Sheridan on the floor.

HTH,

JD

CPTAUSRET
01-28-2004, 19:28

Terry started it! Dang gunship guys are always looking for trouble... :)

Not true, well not exactly true, well there may be some semblance of fact:

But I'm denying it:

Terry

Eagle5US
01-28-2004, 19:51
Originally posted by Surgicalcric
RC:

If you are going to the SOF/Airborne Museum you will need atleast an hour just to tour the museum area. If you wanna see the theater add another hour.

After that you have the SF specific museum and thats another hour. I cant remember the name of the road its on but TR can help you with directions. Lots of really good history in there. Then there are all the statues you will want to see. Add another 45 minutes to tour all those.

I toured them a month ago and well worth the time.

HTH,

JD
Go down Bragg BLVD, past the "House of Dolls", past "Deja'Vu", past "Bottoms Up", and the museum parking lot is where "The Cellar" used to be :D

The Eagle

The Reaper
01-28-2004, 22:25
I looked up the website and it looked pretty nice. My sister lives near Kenly which is about an hour or so from there. I figured on a half a day or so, but probably longer. Never been there as a civy, so it would be neat to drive around the base a little to see the sites.
Any place that shows the static displays around the base? Tanks/helos/planes and such?

Kenly is deep in the sticks.

Half a day will barely scratch the surface. Pick a day that all museums are open. Bring your ID card if you do not have a vehicle with a decal.

All of the static displays you mention are behind the 82nd Museum and just inside the Reilly Road gate into Pope AFB, by the golf course.

There is also Iron Mike, over in the circle by Generals Row.

TR

RangerCharlie
01-29-2004, 05:17
Ha! And what place in NC isn't!

Thanks for the info. When I finallly get there I'll check in a few days with you guys.