PDA

View Full Version : Pets in 1/1 Japan?

allester666
03-05-2009, 07:21
I could use some intel on bringing pets to Japan. The Fort Bragg vet clinic didn't really know when I contacted them and my pre-levy briefing wasn't much help either.

We have 4 cats (yea I know.....). Anything would help, thank you.

ZonieDiver
03-05-2009, 07:41
Soldier, that is TWO over the limit! We may have to put a "restriction" on the back of your "Man Card." :D

Good luck in your quest for information. Wish I could help.

JJ_BPK
03-05-2009, 15:10

1/2 with Shoyu sauce & 1/2 with Teriyaki

Skin makes good gloves..

My $00.0002

cornelyj
03-06-2009, 00:50
You could always just carry them?

Sorry just another dog guy....

BoyScout
03-06-2009, 19:51
1/2 with Shoyu sauce & 1/2 with Teriyaki
That's just wrong! We're Americans here, use a slow hickory or mesquite smoke with marinated in Budweiser or good ol' JD.:D

mcarey
03-06-2009, 21:17
I could use some intel on bringing pets to Japan. The Fort Bragg vet clinic didn't really know when I contacted them and my pre-levy briefing wasn't much help either.

When I was in Oki, pets could come in, each pet had to have a full vet record for each pet and a current series of shots (may be special requirments above the states). I would recommend that you give your sponsor a call or email and ask the question. If you haven't got a sponsor yet, call 1/1's CSM and ask for one, if you were recently given orders, it may be a couple weeks till you receive your letter. Also, insure your sponsor knows you are traveling with the pets, as they will have to get you either boarding or off post temporary lodging until you find a rental or on-base housing. 1/1 takes care of it's own and you will be guided through the move. Also, pets move at your expense, can be pretty pricey for three flights! Have a good PCS.;)

mswilliams
03-07-2009, 14:30
two tours in Oki, took two cats the first time, had no problem, Japanese require 30 day in home quarintine.
Second time took two cats and a dog (1996) again just a 30 day in home quarintine.
I would give the Kadena vet a call, i think they have a web page, Karing Kennels just for people like you.

It is much harder to get pets into Hawaii than Japan.

Mike

Calrngr
03-08-2009, 08:09
your allowed 2 pets in on base housing. You also need to make sure your pets are micro-chipped. And have a ??frve?? test. Not sure of the spelling, but it is a test to confirm your animals don't have rabies. If you need more info or your sponsor doesn't know you can PM me.

Calrngr
03-08-2009, 08:10
oh yeah, if you end up living on base you can do the quarantine in home

JAGO
07-15-2009, 13:04
My recollection from the old days, it used to be easier than getting pets into Hawaii. That was quite expensive and time consuming. At least Japan let us do quarantine in quarters.

However, over the years it got more expensive and difficult to clear inspection into Japan. Had to have chips implanted and do blood tests over time. I just checked the Vet Det Japan's web site, the current requirements are at the link.

v/r
phil

http://www.usarj.army.mil/organization/vet/import.aspx

Warrior-Mentor
07-15-2009, 19:55
I could use some intel on bringing pets to Japan.

We have 4 cats (yea I know.....).

Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce is good. ;)