bluebb
03-03-2009, 00:20
One Valley
at a Time
Adrian T. Bogart III
with Introduction by Walter M. Herd

and a qoute from Nous Defions Doc on page 7

http://jsoupublic.socom.mil/publications/jsou/JSOU06-6bogartOneValley_final.pdf

Did a search and did not find it. Looks interesting.

Blue

Oldschool45B
03-27-2009, 13:57
I cant speak to the article yet as I have not read it. But if it is positive and shows the effect of our successful mission it was all accomplished DESPITE the efforts of LTC Walter Herd. I served under him during this time and dealt directly with him and these operations on a daily basis. He was a significant roadblock to the success of 3rd, 19th and 20th Groups operations and successes during the entire mission.

If ever given the opportunity to serve under him again I would gladly shoot myself in the leg to give me some time to heal and NOT GO WITH HIM. He really is that bad of a Commander. His risk adverse, back stabbing and micro managing leadership style was universally loathed. He constantly played his DCO against the FOB Commanders and left people hanging out to dry when he made a mistake. There were several instances where his direct intervention nearly cost people their lives.

I hope the article illustrates how much success we had with the programs the ODA's were running. It was personally a very fullfilling mission (when the teams say don't send any more ammo or weapons, we don't have room for anymore, I know I have done my job right). I would love to go back under a good Commander.