PDA

View Full Version : Back to SFAS

here2learn
02-25-2009, 14:52
I attended SFAS in class 04-02 and was selected as an 18D. I thought this was a lifetime thing, but apparently not. I was asked by many people if SFAS was hard, grueling, or whatever and I always responded "I had a blast, I would go back if they would let me," and now, oh cruel Army, I get to put my money where my mouth is.

I found this site while looking for contact info on a NGSF recruiter. This place is an amazing resource. I have seen a ton of speculation from pre-selection folks here wether it be on standards of events, or wether they should gain or drop weight, or the actual length of time of selection (14 vs 24 days vs 24days +1 month of SUT??). I must admit that I have no idea what the truth is, and frankly I dont care or even want to know because it doesnt matter. In fact the mystery excites me.

I left the Army 4yrs ago, and though I worked as a contractor for much of the time that I have been out I never really felt motivated. Right now getting another shot at selection and going to Group I am the most motivated I have ever felt. Hopefully I get picked up as an 18D again. Last I heard was that the 18D course was around a year... but I am one of those few knuckleheads that converted the leisurely 62 day stay in Ranger School to 167 days (Thanks SFC Valentine, if you are here):boohoo, so I definitely realize that things change depending on performance. Anyhow, no matter the length of time I am there hopefully I get to meet some of you here that are candidates, and some that are instructors at the school house.

Anyhow, I just wanted to give many thanks for having a resource such as this readily available, and thanks for having me.

here2learn
02-25-2009, 21:00
this doesnt deserve its own thread, but I just wanted to say it:

preface:
I had a son 8 months ago and it made me want to stop doing anything dangerous.

15yrs +/- ago my father got deployed to desert storm. Now I have had to go in and help with what I thought to be the finalization of this. Looks like we are going to pull out without absolute victory,and it breaks my f******* heart to think that 20 yrs from now my son probably will be a Ranger fighting the hard fight in the middle east. My God let us end this now, no matter the cost, be it my own life

tom kelly
02-26-2009, 19:46
Doing NOTHING is dangerous: Appeasement and SURRENDER= Suicide....Regard's, tom kelly

11B2V
02-27-2009, 11:01
You know what they say bro, wars are not fought only by those with no children! Fighting for your country is fighting for your family!