PDA

View Full Version : New guy with pointy stabby things

cosmok
02-22-2009, 11:49
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to the Team Sergeant and Mr Harsey for welcoming me here. I'm Currently active duty Coast Guard Stationed in Elizabeth City, NC. I've been making knives for about 5 years now and am looking for any feedback you all would be willing to give me. I've attached some pics of a few of my latest projects for your viewing pleasure.
I mostly work with CPM 154 but have also used S30V on occasion and still do some knives out of O1 from time to time, I have sole production of every knife I make. I start with precision ground stock, cut and shape the blanks, heat treat, and grind everything in house (in shed actually).
I'd also like to congratulate the guys from Spartan Blades, I picked up the latest copy of Tac. knives a couple of weeks ago and read the article on your knives. Great job!

Thanks for looking
Eric

Bill Harsey
02-22-2009, 13:53
Eric,
That's some strong looking work.

How do you like the CPM 154 for cutting?

Team Sergeant
02-22-2009, 14:49
I'd also like to congratulate the guys from Spartan Blades, I picked up the latest copy of Tac. knives a couple of weeks ago and read the article on your knives. Great job!

Thanks for looking
Eric

Spartan Blades, a spin off of ProfessionalSoldiers.com!;)

Welcome Eric.

Team Sergeant

cosmok
02-22-2009, 14:57
I can get CPM154 to take a really good edge, not tree top shaving sharp but will shave bald patches on your arm all day. I have a karambit that I'm finishing up right now so my left arm looks like I've had chemo. I tend to leave my edges pretty thick before I put the bevels in (about .030), if I could get myself to grind a little thinner that would probably fix some of my edge geometry issues. I would just as soon leave a little more meat in blade. They still cut well, my fingers will attest to that;).

mcarey
02-22-2009, 16:04
Spartan Blades, a spin off of ProfessionalSoldiers.com!;)

Welcome Eric.

Team Sergeant

TS...I don't know about that, but close friend and poster, absolutely.:D

Eric, Those are some good looking profiles and details on your knives. Good work! Thanks for sharing and welcome.

Mark

FMF DOC
02-23-2009, 08:28
Eric,

Do you have a website or catalog out?

cosmok
02-23-2009, 11:27
I have a website, www.kramercustomknives.com
It is rather small, I need to send my web guy more pics and descriptions.

Eagle5US
02-23-2009, 13:50
Nice pokey things Eric. Hope to see more of your work.
Welcome.

Eagle

MILDOT
03-07-2009, 20:28
Eric,
nice work!!! I like the Karambits. I used to work with the Indonesian Army and some of their police units back in the 90s. They gave me a karambit made of high carbon steel and water buffulo horn. I was amazed at some of the techniques they had for the use of that particular weapon. You are doing some great work!!! Keep it up and welcome.