PDA

View Full Version : Win a House for $100!!! No, really

11Ber
02-20-2009, 19:16
I saw an article on foxnews.com today about a raffle for a house in Mesa, AZ. Checked it out and it seems legit. But before I buy, I was hoping to bounce this foundation off of you guys to see if anyone has heard of it. It is the Murrey Grey foundation. As quoted from their web site, "The Murray Grey Foundation through its Military Families Support Fund provides financial support and other critical resources to military families in time of need to both active serving military as well as veterans:

Foreclosure Prevention through Financial Assistance and Expert Advice
Many military families are experiencing a short term crisis that endangers their home ownership, and opens the door to a possible foreclosure of their home.

The Murray Grey Foundation will help these military families save their homes from foreclosure. This usually includes providing short term financial assistance and helping them in re-adjusting the relationship with their mortgage lender.

Providing Emergency Food, Clothing and Other Critical Resources to those Families in Need

The Murray Grey Foundation provides emergency financial assistance for food, clothing, making utility payments, transportation, communications, home repair and a host of other issues to those families who are experiencing some type of a financial crisis."

The deal with the house is a AF vet has fell behind and is in danger of losing the house. She donated it and the organization will raffle it and cover her costs while making some change. House is worth $228K. Also, the $100 gets you $500 in gas/grocery vouchers. Would like some feed back before I approached the wife asking to donate $100 bucks for a chance to win a house.