PDA

View Full Version : cc's possible

Roycroft201
06-19-2004, 12:07
Question:

Is it possible to send a private message and also send cc's of that message to other members?

This is what I tried:

1. I updated my Buddy List
2. Wanted to send a copy of my message to 2 other members
3. The 'compose message' area on the Buddy List screen says I can only send a "maximum -1" number of messages.
4. I tried a few other things, hoping they would be related to my problem, or at least bring up a screen that would be able to make cc's possible......Nada.

Any help is appreciated.
Please remember when you are responding that I am clearly not a techie so its best to explain things as if you were talking to a 3rd grader . LOL! ( On second thought, the 3rd grader probably knows volumes more than I do re: computers and could probably fix my problem !! LOL)

Thanks for your help.

Roycroft201

Team Sergeant
06-19-2004, 12:22
Yes, Ma'am, that option is set by the admins on this board. The reason is stated below.

"Maximum Buddies to Send PMs at a time Set to; 1
Do not set this too high for performance reasons"

We cannot change it for an individual. If we could we would.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the
Professional Soldiers Admin Team;)

Roycroft201
06-19-2004, 16:26
LOL !

Thank you for your prompt reply, sir.

Back to typing now, and typing and typing and typing..........

;)

Roycroft201

Gypsy
06-20-2004, 10:55
Originally posted by Roycroft201
LOL !

Thank you for your prompt reply, sir.

Back to typing now, and typing and typing and typing..........

;)

Roycroft201

RC, you could do a copy/paste function instead of exercising your fingers so much! Go into your "sent" file, highlight and copy the message, go back to your inbox to send a new message...paste the message and 'send'.

Team Sergeant
06-20-2004, 11:10
Originally posted by Gypsy
RC, you could do a copy/paste function instead of exercising your fingers so much! Go into your "sent" file, highlight and copy the message, go back to your inbox to send a new message...paste the message and 'send'.

Good post Gypsy.

RC, "Ctrl C" copies the highlited text and "Ctrl V" pastes the text onto the post. If you wish to copy-paste from MSN Word ensure Word is up and running before you copy from another source.

TS

Gypsy
06-20-2004, 11:15
Thanks TS. See, learn something new every day...I didn't know about the Ctrl C and V. I usually highlight, right click and copy...then right click and paste. Thanks for the additional method.

The Reaper
06-20-2004, 11:30
Why not just forward the same message to the different recipients?

Only have to type in the names.

TR

Gypsy
06-20-2004, 11:39
Originally posted by The Reaper
Why not just forward the same message to the different recipients?

Only have to type in the names.

TR

Efficiency at its finest. I often forget the 'forward' function because I don't use it much.

Roycroft201
06-20-2004, 20:45
Thanks Gypsy, TS and TR -

I actually DID know about "ctrl C" and "ctrl V" ...amazing, isn't it ?! LOL!

But, I hadn't paid any attention to the "Forward" button - learn sumthin' new everyday ! :D Thanks, TR

Note to ADMINS: Someday I am going to get adventerous and try some of these other nifty buttons, too, so if you find anything goofy going on here at PS.com check first and see if it is originating here under my screen name !! LOL

Thanks for the help,
Roycroft201