PDA

View Full Version : IL Insurance

Aoresteen
02-19-2009, 22:06
Did a search and didn't find this. Maybe I missed it.

http://www.bpghmag.com/ArticleContent/2/2009/655/Illinois-HB-687-Would-Force-Insurance-on-Gun-Owners

Sounds like a poll tax.

ZonieDiver
02-20-2009, 12:59
I left that state when I was 13 - moving to AZ with my family. I am certainly glad we did. (Of course, I lived in S. Illinois - there are two parts of Illinois: Chicago area and Southern Illinois. :D)

Red Flag 1
02-20-2009, 14:55
I left that state when I was 13 - moving to AZ with my family. I am certainly glad we did. (Of course, I lived in S. Illinois - there are two parts of Illinois: Chicago area and Southern Illinois. :D)

Same is true for Upstate NY, and NYC!

RF 1

afchic
02-20-2009, 15:23
I wonder if that would apply to those of us that are stationed in IL, but are not IL residents?

Defender968
02-20-2009, 16:51
This type of bill infuriates me, it doesn't solve any problem it is simply a full on frontal attack on the 2nd amendment. :mad::mad::mad: Cars wound, cripple, and kill way, way more people than guns, will everyone who owns a car be required to maintain 1M in insurance on their cars? Of course not, the minimum liability on cars in Illinois is 20K for injury or death to one person in an accident or 40K for multiple deaths, and 15K for personal property damage. As I've said before the vast majority of gun crime is committed by known criminals who aren't going to follow any laws regardless of what they say with regard to firearms. This will only apply to the law abiding citizens. If you live in Illinois please call, email, fax, and visit your representatives and let them know how stupid this bill is.

Afchic I’m no lawyer as I’ve said before but I’d be willing to bet you military assigned there will be subject to these laws as well, I believe that’s how it is in Taxachusets with the ridiculous gun laws that are already on the books.

greenberetTFS
02-21-2009, 11:30
I have also left that state 9 years ago. Judging from what's been happening lately, I've made the right decision................:mad:

GB TFS :munchin