PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Rocky SV2 Boots

TexasEngineer
02-14-2009, 16:02
Has anyone tried these boots out? More importantly has anyone ever jumped in them? I am in the market for new boots and I have been shopping around. The Oakley boots were the other pair I was looking at, I have read the feedback on those.

JJ_BPK
02-14-2009, 16:26
Has anyone tried these boots out? More importantly has anyone ever jumped in them? I am in the market for new boots and I have been shopping around. The Oakley boots were the other pair I was looking at, I have read the feedback on those.

Let the Search function be your friend..

I looked for BOOTS,, received 500 hits..

When you have read all of them,, ask again...

futureSoldier
04-10-2009, 13:33
I have read through the previous posts on boots and cannot find out anything about the Rocky S2V Military boots. I am heading to Afghanistan this summer and am wondering if anyone has any experience with them there or in a similar environment.

TexasEngineer
04-11-2009, 11:43
Sir,

I have been wearing them for about a month now and I like them. I bought them and went right into the field for a month and they have held up nicely. For me they run a half size bigger. I haven't had any issues with blisters and they break in pretty quickly. These were my first non-issue boots so I cannot compare them to Oakley's or anything else, but overall good boot.

CATAtonic426
04-22-2009, 04:29
I have been wearing a pair of S2Vs almost every day (except when it's wet I switch to Gore-Tex) for about 9 months now including a train up and 6 months in country. They have decent traction and are very comfortable. The soles are soft however, which improves comfort at the cost of some longetivity. A lot of time on rocky mountainsides (as in Afghanistan) will wear them down prematurely. It is about time for a resole, but I continue to wear them and they still perform very well. Aside from the soles and a lace coming apart, the rest of the boots are still in excellent condition. I recommend swapping out the laces for gutted 550 cord, as some (see lightfighter) have had issues with the factory laces cutting into the neoprene tongue. The 550 also improves comfort as the factory laces are quite stiff. The longest movements we've done here in country aren't more than 2.5-3 miles over varied to steep terrain with IOTV + loadout (~60-65 lbs), but my feet never complain.

Edited to add: And yes, I've jumped them. C-130, T-10D, 1000', mass tac, around midnight. No issues... other than the tree I crashed into... I was chasing suspension lines for about an hour...