PDA

View Full Version : Norotos Inc NVG Mount

doc22584
02-14-2009, 12:17
Did a search and didn't come up with anything about said mount. It looks like something I might be interested in buying. Just trying to get some feedback from anyone who may have used it.

Thanks

Surgicalcric
02-14-2009, 12:38
Had one on my 2001 (picked it up in a trade) and found it to catch less on slings and such when donning/doffing gear as compared to the issue NOD mount. Other than that I really didnt notice much of a difference.

I highly doubt I would ever purchase one out of my pocket though...

If you are looking for a replacement to the issue one, I just picked up an ops-core VAS shroud (http://www.ops-core.com/VAS_Shroud_P6C5.cfm) for a replacement to the Norotos (someone wanted my 2001 more than I did-I hate thieves.) I have found it to be comparable to the Norotos mount at a fraction of the price. However it does require you drill a couple holes to attach it to your skid lid...

HTH,

Crip

doc22584
02-14-2009, 14:26
Thanks for the info. The Norotos is pretty pricey. The VAS shroud looks like it might be a better option if i have to pay out of pocket to get a new mount.

optactical
02-15-2009, 01:09
Norotos makes great mounts, I added them to my site like all other gear, I tested first and became a dealer later, they didn't find me. Ops-Core shrouds are awesome too, but you need a three hole drilling which not everyone has, if you have the drilling Ops-Core will work just as well at a lower price.

18C4V
02-15-2009, 01:16
We used the one hole in OIF for our 15's, worked great. If you have a surplus of them, you could do some serious horse trading.