PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater renames itself Xe

BMT (RIP)
02-14-2009, 06:05
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=318615

BMT

Bill Harsey
02-14-2009, 21:43
Xe.com is a universal currency translator.

Peregrino
02-14-2009, 22:13

Ironic. Blackwater has certainly "translated" enough tax dollars into corporate profit.

alelks
02-15-2009, 10:23

It's also on the periodic element of tables and comes from the Greek word for stranger.

Element Xenon - Xe

My guess is that they chose it because of it's description.

# Description:

Colorless, odorless, tasteless noble gas.

:)

Sigaba
02-15-2009, 16:12
It's also on the periodic element of tables and comes from the Greek word for stranger.

Element Xenon - Xe

My guess is that they chose it because of it's description.

# Description:

Colorless, odorless, tasteless noble gas.

:)

Gassy, yes. Noble? Not so much.

As an American citizen, Xe is not a corporation that I'd use as a positive example of capitalism in action.

IMHO, a forward thinking business model would have focused on building a practice that proved to the American people that a PMC can be a honorable and cost-effective tool in advancing the national interests.

Richard
02-15-2009, 16:31
Xe is also Vietnamese for rook, as in the chess piece. I have also seen it used to signify extreme environment and extreme edition. Take your pick...or someone could ask Mr Prince what he means by it. ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Ret10Echo
03-02-2009, 07:01
Blackwater founder steps down as CEO

WASHINGTON (AP) - Blackwater founder Erik Prince is stepping down as the company's chief executive officer.

Prince said in a statement Monday that he has appointed a new president and a new CEO and that the moves were part of the beleaguered company's "continued reorganization and self-improvement."

Prince founded Blackwater in 1997 and last month the company changed its name to Xe.

The company has had a contract to protect U.S. diplomats in Iraq, but last month the State Department said it would not rehire Blackwater after its current contract with the company expires in May. The company has one other major security contract, details of which are classified.

A report by a House committee in October 2007 called Blackwater an out-of-control outfit indifferent to Iraqi civilian casualties. It said that Blackwater had been involved in nearly 200 shooting incidents since 2005.

In January, five Blackwater security guards pleaded not guilty to federal manslaughter and gun charges.