PDA

View Full Version : Reactive Shooting Course

kgoerz
02-12-2009, 17:00
I just attended the FLETC Instructor Reactive Shooting Course in Glynco GA. When I was told I was coming here for the week I initially didn't expect much.
But this course is nothing basic. It has an excellent POI, instructed by motivated Cadre who want the Students to survive a Gunfight. I recommend it highly to any LE Agency. They will also take this course on the road to LE Agencies. Lots of good instructions and Trigger Time.
The course teaches the Thumbs Froward Grip, Referencing your Front Sights, moving and shooting. All engagements inside 10 Meters. Sight Picture and Sight Alignment were hardly mentioned for good reason in a Gun Fight.

AngelsSix
02-12-2009, 18:47
Glad you enjoyed. Wish the military would train more on true pistol "fighting" than pistol "employment". JMHO

Five-O
02-16-2009, 08:31
K...sounds like a good course. You have a POC there? If so PM please. TKS

Team Sergeant
02-16-2009, 10:19
I just attended the FLETC Instructor Reactive Shooting Course in Glynco GA. When I was told I was coming here for the week I initially didn't expect much.
But this course is nothing basic. It has an excellent POI, instructed by motivated Cadre who want the Students to survive a Gunfight. I recommend it highly to any LE Agency. They will also take this course on the road to LE Agencies. Lots of good instructions and Trigger Time.
The course teaches the Thumbs Froward Grip, Referencing your Front Sights, moving and shooting. All engagements inside 10 Meters. Sight Picture and Sight Alignment were hardly mentioned for good reason in a Gun Fight.

Great, now if we can just get the feds to stop shooting each other......

I guess some of them have been reading this website? :D

Thumbs forward, we've been doing that for "decades", glad to hear the feds have caught on....;)

frostfire
02-16-2009, 21:48
......Referencing your Front Sights.......engagements inside 10 Meters. Sight Picture and Sight Alignment were hardly mentioned for good reason in a Gun Fight.

kgoerz, were you referring to "flash front sight" by any chance?

kgoerz
02-17-2009, 06:40
kgoerz, were you referring to "flash front sight" by any chance?

Yes, it's called that also

Contact info is at work, Will send a PM later this morning Five-0

Team Sergeant
02-17-2009, 09:55
Sight Picture and Sight Alignment were hardly mentioned for good reason in a Gun Fight.

I hope they do not need to ever make a "high value shot".

Instead of surviving the gunfight I'd teach them to "take the fight" to whomever started it and send all those involved to what ever tribal deity they currently pray to......

But that's just me.;)

TS

Five-O
02-17-2009, 23:08
Yes, it's called that also

Contact info is at work, Will send a PM later this morning Five-0

Got it K...thanks man.

kgoerz
02-18-2009, 05:30
I hope they do not need to ever make a "high value shot".

Instead of surviving the gunfight I'd teach them to "take the fight" to whomever started it and send all those involved to what ever tribal deity they currently pray to......

But that's just me.;)

TS

It's all point shooting inside ten Meters anyway........;)

Team Sergeant
02-18-2009, 10:19
It's all point shooting inside ten Meters anyway........;)

I've seen some feds shoot and would have figured as much....;)

Five-O
02-18-2009, 12:34

TS

In my occupation the "religion" of choice of bad guys is usually Pris-lam...:mad:

kgoerz
02-19-2009, 18:36
I've seen some feds shoot and would have figured as much....;)

I'm not bitting, we are all Ex SF Guys working here. But I understand. The LEO Mind set is totally different