PDA

View Full Version : Ancient History

Hartley
02-12-2009, 11:47
Hi Gents,

I was going thru some papers the other day and found the attached picture. This is the complete "team equipment" collection circa 1977 or so in 10th Group.

It mostly commo stuff, but there are a few other items..

Hartley

Richard
02-12-2009, 12:06
AN/GRC-109s w/G43s and gas generators, PRC-77s and 74s (with antenna bag), field cook sets, URC-10s, binocs...memories. Where are the horses we always requested for carrying the team gear but were always denied by the SFOB? :D

BTW--doesn't seem so 'ancient' to me.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

SF_BHT
02-12-2009, 12:31
What scares me is I recognize it all and have used it all.:o

Soft Target
02-12-2009, 12:33
Oh, you FOGs. hee-hee-hee-hee.

Hartley
02-12-2009, 13:08
The PRC-74 was pretty new in that pile, but the rest had been around forever.

We never took the GRC-109 crappe out of the chests except for inspections and to take these fotos.. As an amusement, I tried to put two complete matching-serial number sets of them together in my 3 years at Tolz - I did get one complete set and about 75% of the other by trading pieces around. My team Leader thought I was crazy, but the reaction on my last inspection was interesting "what do you mean EVERY piece has the same serial number?"

I never did, but one team actually decided to start that little generator - and succeeded, but it was quite an effort (and a huge mess to clean up).
I don't remember ever doing anything with the cookpots, but the binocs were always useful to give the elltee something to play with.

What's out of view to the right in that picture was the medic's stuffe - sri, I don't think I have the picture of it. If anyone wants the high-res version of this pic, let me know..:-)

Hartley