PDA

View Full Version : Body Armor

SRGross
02-10-2009, 08:56
Who is the marker of the US Army Army, Body armor, satndard issue, ( not SpecOps), currently in use in the Middle East?
THANK YOU in advance!

Pete
02-10-2009, 09:15
I think "the maker" is more than one.

JJ_BPK
02-10-2009, 10:12
I think "the maker" is more than one.

Yes, The Interceptor OTV & IOTV Body Armor, and the SAPI/ESAPI ceramic plate and associated bits-n-pieces have several contractors. These are the top three.

Point Blank Body Armor Inc. in Pompano Beach, FL
Specialty Defense Systems in Dunmore, PA
BAE Systems in Grainger County, Tennessee

The Reaper
02-10-2009, 10:25
Why?

TR

Green Tip
02-11-2009, 00:39
Is SRGross American because he sure spells words wrong a lot...haha just kidding. Did everyone hear that their was a recall of 30,000+ SAPI plates in Jan 29th I believe. They don't think they met standards, and they have no idea were the plates are. Your supposed to be able to look at your SAPI plate for two numbers, but I forgot the numbers...

More PT, less posting. That's not a suggestion. Peregrino

Pete
02-11-2009, 05:08
Is SRGross American because he sure spells words wrong a lot...haha just kidding. Did everyone hear that their was .....

Their, there and they're.....

Dozer523
02-11-2009, 07:41
Is SRGross American because he sure spells words wrong a lot...haha just kidding. Did everyone hear that their was a recall of 30,000+ SAPI plates in Jan 29th I believe. They don't think they met standards, and they have no idea were the plates are. Your supposed to be able to look at your SAPI plate for two numbers, but I forgot the numbers...

Is SRGross American? I ask because he sure spells words wrong a lot...haha, just kidding. Did anyone hear that there was a recall of 30,000+ SAPI plates in Jan.? The 29th, I believe. They don't think they met standards, and they have no idea where the plates are. You're supposed to be able to look at your SAPI plate for two numbers, but I forgot the numbers. . .

Six posts. What was it Forrest's Momma said?

Snaquebite
02-11-2009, 14:54
BTW...SDS is owned by BAE.