PDA

View Full Version : New job, ASPO Team member looking for tips from down range.

Oldschool45B
02-08-2009, 22:16
I just got on one of the new ASPO Teams that have been stood up, one unit here in Utah and the other in Nebraska. We had a great training session from our AD counterparts from Bragg this weekend, but I am looking from advise and comments from our customers. I am a go getter, I think outside the box when it comes to fixing issues and I am pretty good at building relationships with people (and was recruited for the job for those reasons). So I have what they tell us the major requirements for the job are. But if you have worked with the guys down range I am interested in what your experiences were and what kinds of suggestions you may have from your dealings with them.

I know this is a big customer service oriented job, I just want to get customer feedback.

Blitzzz (RIP)
02-09-2009, 06:52
Due to OPSEC reasons, what you are looking to find may be tough. First, wear your "search" button out. Only after you've drained it dry atempt to illict the other thing you want from this site. Happy gathering..:munchin.Blitzzz

Oldschool45B
02-09-2009, 15:54
Well, I searched high and low, but nobody is talking about their positive or negative experiences. If you have worked with the ASPO teams I am interested in hearing from you so that I can do a better job with my customer service. For OPSEC, or PERSEC please PM me. But chances are people have worked with the ASPO teams and simply thought they were dealing with an LNO.

Thanks for the help guys.:D

Blitzzz (RIP)
02-09-2009, 18:57
You may want to explain what exactly an ASPO team does. Then more of could or would maybe be able to assist you.

Oldschool45B
02-09-2009, 23:16
Simply put, we are a liason between the Special Operations community (ARSOF in particular, but can support anyone) and Big Army. If the CJSOTF needs something, we try to make it happen for you. When troops move in and out of country we help make that happen and make sure you have a place to stay in a secure compound while at a layover. We track cargo for you and if it gets held up we try to break it loose so you can get what you need. So it is a logistics based job with no SOP and no real guideline except get the guys the equipment they need. Kind of like a fixer meets a supply guru.

So, if anyone has worked with them in theater, please email me with your experiences and ways I can provide better customer service for you.