PDA

View Full Version : special forces assn Ch. 85 raffle of an M1919A4/A6 air cooled machine gun, legal in a

McCarthy, James
02-04-2009, 20:40
SFA Chapter 85 in south florida (Jensen Beach) is doing a raffle for the benefit of wounded SF troops and their families and also to benefit the spouses and children of those SF KIA's for 5 days in Orlando. There are only 5,000 tickets. This weapon is an M1919 A4/A6 belt fed air cooled .30 cal machinegun remanufactured by TNW firearms Co. , it was parkerized a few weeks ago so it looks, and is brand new. .30 cal to the military is 30-06. The right sideplate and receiver are new and the weapon is semi-auto and comes with the tripod and 250 belt links. In the mid 1960's this weapon was replaced by the much lighter M60 machinegun. Most veterans that see the weapon confuse it with a .50 cal machine gun, because it is so big, and they are younger than me, so they never had exposure to it (it is a lot heavier than I remember, or it could be I'm older and weaker), it weighs about 80 lbs. We will have the weapon at the Feb. 14th and 15th West Palm Beach Gun show at the fairgrounds, and the Melbourne gun show. Tickets are $5.00 each. To request tickets, send your check with a self addressed stamped envelope to: John Witherspoon, Treasurer, Special Forces Assn. Ch. 85, P.O. Box 545, Palm Beach, Fl. 33480
This is posted by Jim McCarthy, SFA, Ch 85, West Palm Beach, Fl. -------somebody is going to win this gun, it might as well be you! I would prefer to be at the VFW for happy hour, instead of standing all day at a gun show----please buy some tickets for the wounded and families-these good people deserve something good.

Snaquebite
02-04-2009, 20:44
Jim, While I applaud your effort to get the word out about this raffle, I and many others do not know you. GO back and read the message and instructions you received when registering. Fill out your profile and follow the rest of the instructions before posting again.