PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Condoleezza

ejcremata
02-03-2009, 02:17
Hello Gentlemen,

I have a question regarding the protection of former cabinet members. I work at the Hoover Institution, where we are anxiously awaiting Secretary Rice's arrival (or return, actually, although I wasn't here back then). I was speaking with one of the Fellows today and was told that she will have a secret service detail consisting of three men for one year. And then nothing, at least that this person knew of. I figure there is probably more legitimate security and VIP protection experience on this board than any other on the web.

My question is, do you gentlemen consider this adequate? Won't she still be in significant enough danger to warrant a security detail in one year's time? Or was this person's information mistaken? It may be protocol, but it seems as though she should be provided more protection than, say, Warren Christopher or Lawrence Eagleburger.

We were told to expect protests when she comes back, indicating people, or at least ignorant college liberals, have not forgotten whatever it is that made them so mad in the first place. On the plus side, I may get to see hippies getting a beatdown from my office, which would be nice.

Thank you for the responses,

Concerned in CA

Guy
02-03-2009, 05:06
Any company and/or organization she chooses to work for will provide executive protection (EP) in the future because of her previous status within the USG.

Stay safe.

ejcremata
02-04-2009, 00:38
As was recommended, I will continue this conversation with private messages.