PDA

View Full Version : Plagiarism by Avtar S.Sandhu

Team Sergeant
01-29-2009, 10:57
This was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

Headline: PREPARATION FOR THE CHALLENGES...
Date Posted: 1/7/2009
PREPARATION FOR THE CHALLENGES THAT LIE AHEAD

By Avtar S.Sandhu

The question is often asked "How can I prepare myself for the challenges that lie ahead?" or "How can I

harden my mental attitude while hardening my body?" when contemplating preparations for an

endurance event or life in general.

To start with, shouldn’t you be looking around you and considering what others are doing. You can learn

much, about them and especially yourself from observation.

Why not watch your friends. Do they have to be told repeatedly to perform routine tasks? Or do they

take the initiative? Are they focused on the task at hand? Are they flitting from one goal to another, not

really achieving anything substantial in the process? Or are they achieving their goals and targets? And if

so, how?

Take a moment and consider the person or persons you admire most. What traits do they exhibit?

It is human nature to want to do things we do well, especially when others are observing. This tendency

is not conducive to self-preservation or self-improvement. You are not developing new skills when you

train in this manner.

Just like hardening your body, you must train your mind in order to get it to peak condition. And just like

your body, as your mind adapts to the new challenges, you must increase the load.

Here are a few ways to harden your mind.

Always do the hard thing first - ALWAYS. For example: If you would rather go hungry than eat spinach

and your Mom serves spinach for dinner - eat it first and ask for seconds. If you hate math and have

math and science homework - do the math first and do extra work. If you really want to sleep in on

Saturday -go mow the lawn without being told, then clean the garage on a Friday evening. If you would

rather work your biceps (beach muscles) than your legs in the gym - do your legs twice. You will not be

asked to curl your rucksack.

Make a conscious effort to be positive as much as possible. Look at life's daily challenges as

opportunities for excellence instead of problems to be suffered.

Also, read, and research - everything. Find out why most books have pages in multiples of 9. Learn

about current events, especially those that pertain to your event or your ambitions related to work and

life. Study history - those who do not are doomed to repeat it. Find out what a joule is. Learn the

anatomy and physiology of the human body. Learn the principles of radio wave propagation. Research!

WHATEVER can affect or impede you reaching your goals or achieving a target. Read a book. Sit up

straight. Walk with a sense of purpose. Be disciplined in everything you do.

Don’t be afraid to ask someone the silly questions even if you are supposed to already know it.

Swallowing your pride and stepping forward is sometimes easier said then done but anyone who can

step up and ask is half way to success.

Always do the right thing, in your dealings with others and yourself. Do the right thing even if you know

the decision will be unpopular and you will be criticized. The learning curve is never-ending. And

ensuring you always keep learning is essential to success and preparation. The best prepared individuals

are more than likely to succeed ahead of those who don’t make an effort to learn, to know, to

understand.This was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

Perfect practice makes perfect preparation. Train Hard. Never Quit.This was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

And lastly, don’t pity your feel sorry for yourself. Its probably the easiest thing after giving up to do. And

it’s a sure way to losing. In life.

To summarize best what I have tried to state, I can do no better than to quote the following:

IN THE TEST KITCHEN OF LIFEThis was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

A young woman was complaining to her father about how difficult her life had become. He said nothing,

but took her to the kitchen and set three pans of water to boiling. To the first pan, he added carrots; to

the second, eggs; and to the third, ground coffee. After all three had cooked, he put their contents into

separate bowls and asked his daughter to cut into the eggs and carrots and smell the coffee. "What does

this all mean?" she asked impatiently.This was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

"Each food," he said, "teaches us something about facing adversity, as represented by the boiling

water." The carrot went in hard but came out soft and weak. The eggs went in fragile but came out

hardened. The coffee, however, changed the water to something better.This was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

"Which will you be like as you face life?" he asked. Will you give up, become hard -- or transform

adversity into triumph? As the "chef" of your own life, what will you bring to the table?This was Plagiarized by Avtar S.Sandhu:

Note: I have been unable to re-locate the source or author of “In the test Kitchen of Life” and its author.

© 2007-2008 Sabah Adventure Challenge. All Rights Reserved. Powered By: IBiz Solutions, Inc.

http://www.sabahadventure.com/news/details.asp?newsid=174

frostfire
01-29-2009, 11:24

By Avtar S.Sandhu

hmmmm, IIRC there's one poster at ps.com in that AO who participates in the advertised event. Perhaps he can explain.....

Team Sergeant
01-29-2009, 11:30
hmmmm, IIRC there's one poster at ps.com in that AO who participates in the advertised event. Perhaps he can explain.....

We're about a light-year ahead of you.

TS

incarcerated
01-29-2009, 20:47

JJ_BPK
01-30-2009, 05:52

By Avtar S.Sandhu

© 2007-2008 Sabah Adventure Challenge. All Rights Reserved. Powered By: IBiz Solutions, Inc.

TS, You have his/her attachen,,

The link is now a blank page..

Way to go... :D:lifter:D:lifter

hoot72
03-18-2009, 03:06
Hi

As I told the team sergant, I take full responsibility for this as I had been forwarding comments about these topics off and on to a number of people i work with and also who are runners and athletes and its disappointing that we had someone who decided to save time instead of doing the research to put the information up.

I understand how fustrating it can be to see someone plagiarising an article but again, my fault...and my mistake for not realizing this had happened in the first place. If I hadn't forwarded it in the first place, it probably wouldn't have happened.

I truly am sorry.