PDA

View Full Version : Good headset system for ASIP and MBITR?

armymutt25A
01-28-2009, 16:00
Anyone know of a good headset w/ mic system that works well with both the RT-1523E/F and the PRC-148? Might be nice to have it work with the Harris 152 as well. My BN CDR wants enough to outfit squad leaders on up. These are 13 series guys doing an 11B job, so it has to be tougher than the crap that we used to use with the iCOM (small dig on the 13Bs). Also has to have a Class 9 NSN. He mentioned the Peltor systems. I have used a Sordin headset (both the earmuffs version and the two speaker in the ACH version with bone microphones) with pretty good results. Right now we're waiting for the money to get turned back on, but since this is one of his priorities, I want to have a few solutions on hand.

SF_BHT
01-28-2009, 16:21
Anyone know of a good headset w/ mic system that works well with both the RT-1523E/F and the PRC-148? Might be nice to have it work with the Harris 152 as well. My BN CDR wants enough to outfit squad leaders on up. These are 13 series guys doing an 11B job, so it has to be tougher than the crap that we used to use with the iCOM (small dig on the 13Bs). Also has to have a Class 9 NSN. He mentioned the Peltor systems. I have used a Sordin headset (both the earmuffs version and the two speaker in the ACH version with bone microphones) with pretty good results. Right now we're waiting for the money to get turned back on, but since this is one of his priorities, I want to have a few solutions on hand.

Use the search Button......... I found it in 5 seconds (MBITR HEADSET):eek:

Post LESS, SEARCH More........

armymutt25A
01-28-2009, 16:36
I did that - got two posts - one a list of NSNs, the other basically an admontion. I'm looking for more information - the Bose is one solution, but I know there are others out there. I'd like to hear from guys who have used them in a dismounted and mounted role, and how well they functioned, how well they stood up to the operating environment, etc.

Snaquebite
01-28-2009, 20:59
DO NOT post again until you have complied with the instructions you were sent when you registered. There is plenty of information here regarding the subject you are asking about. Read more, search more and post less.

That is all.