PDA

View Full Version : The Visit - Day 2

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 20:19
I have promised to review my material more closely for technical errors in the future.

Back to the thread in question, Day Two broke bright and early and we started at the 3rd SFGA Change of Command, followed by a trip to the SOAF to meet the public.

TR

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 21:14
Originally posted by The Reaper
I have promised to review my material more closely for technical errors in the future.

Back to the thread in question, Day Two broke bright and early and we started at the 3rd SFGA Change of Command, followed by a trip to the SOAF to meet the public.

TR

And for the Capture of my Yarborough !!!

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 21:36
Like this?

TR

Team Sergeant
06-13-2004, 21:40
SF belt buckle, SF knife, SF hat, SF polo shirt. Did AM have any money when he left?

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 21:48
He had all that when he got here.

Only thing he took back was the knife and a t-shirt he won Tuesday night.

TR

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 21:49
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
SF belt buckle, SF knife, SF hat, SF polo shirt. Did AM have any money when he left?

Just to set the Record straight: Hat=Special Operationns Association, Belt Buckle the same, Shirt as described, but a couple of years old, yes the knife is BRAND NEW. Did I leave with any money ?? JUST BARELY.
The earlier Pics show the shelves behind me before I made my "Low Level Leaflet Drop" !!!

LOL
Martin

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2004, 21:53

LOL - kid in a candy store.

Air.177
06-13-2004, 22:48

Don't forget the Ring and the 5.11 vest. Now I am beginning to see where my Gucci gear addiction came from.

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 23:00
Only explanation missing here is what the "Rooster T-Shirt" was all about !!

I believe that D9 may know the answer.

Guy
06-14-2004, 11:50

LMMFAO!

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 19:13
Well, without the input from D-9, this is the Triple Rooster ready to consume.

TR

Team Sergeant
06-14-2004, 19:33
That’s an awful serious face he’s sporting there. Got any pic’s of AM doing the deed?

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 19:58
That’s an awful serious face he’s sporting there. Got any pic’s of AM doing the deed?

Hmm, does he look thirsty reaching for that cold one?

Looks like he is sweating, too.

You would too with jalapenos, horseradish, Tabasco, and an oyster on a Saltine.

TR

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:11
Very generous donation to the SWCS Museum by Mr. Harsey of an Applegate-Fairbairn Knife, a copy of "Kill or Get Killed", and a copy of "The Close Combat Files of Colonel Rex Applegate".

A very nice tribute to Colonel Applegate and an outstanding addition to the Museum Collection.

Thanks, Bill!

TR

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 20:23
Thanks TR, The reason for this donation was to honor the late Col. Rex Applegate whom I worked for over a 14 year period. Col. Applegate was in charge of all close combat training and clandestine operations for the OSS during WW Two. The knife is the Applegate Fairbairn Combat Custom that Col. Applegate authorized me to make. This knife was begun over the Memorial Day weekend and completed on 31 May 2004 which is signed into the blade. It was Col. Rex Applegate who introduced me to the field of knives used by military special operations. He is the reason for my being in the presence of this great community today.

NousDefionsDoc
06-14-2004, 20:26
Very generous donation to the SWCS Museum by Mr. Harsey of an Applegate-Fairbairn Knife, a copy of "Kill or Get Killed", and a copy of "The Close Combat Files of Colonel Rex Applegate".

A very nice tribute to Colonel Applegate and an outstanding addition to the Museum Collection.

Thanks, Bill!

TR

Very generous indeed. Thank you Mr. Harsey, you are a gentleman of the first order.

I can see the display now - "Martyr Makin' Then and Now"

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:30
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
He is the reason for my being in the presence of this great community today.

Well, that and the fact that Roxanne was not very good at aiming with the knife.

Chris and AM with the Museum's Guy Jones Custom Firearms display.

TR

DanUCSB
06-14-2004, 20:36
the Museum's Guy Jones Custom Firearms display.

Now -that- is some custom bling-bling. (Sacamuelas, you taking notes?) :D

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:43
All of that work, followed by tours of the 82nd Airborne Museum, and a record 11.5 minute tour of the Airborne Special Operations Museum led to the requirement for some minor liquid refreshment.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 20:48
I like the beer approach. Is that off the menu or a special order?

DanUCSB
06-14-2004, 20:49
Okay, that's the last straw. Now I'm officially and completely jealous. That's a hell of a tour.

ETA: note also the pretty girl in the background, the universal smiles, and the missing-man formation. :)

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-14-2004, 20:50
TR great pictures, but the last one at med lab with all the full piss test jars sort of confuses me.

Jack Moroney:D

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:51
Not on the menu, but if you know what to ask for....

I'll hook you up if you get to town.

We'll just ask them to toss the Raspberry flavored seasonal from the lineup.

The Airborne Ale was the consensus winner, IIRC.

TR

Team Sergeant
06-14-2004, 20:51
Damn but Mr. Harsey is a big man, those pints look incredibly small next to him.

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 20:53
I'll hook you up if you get to town.

Twist my arm!

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:54
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
TR great pictures, but the last one at med lab with all the full piss test jars sort of confuses me.

Jack Moroney:D

Sir:

Anyone passing urine the color of the Dark Stout (second from the left) will need better treatment than Medlab can administer.

Believe it or not, and I don't know the last time you were in Fayettenam, that is the old Huske Hardware store on Hay Street, now a microbrewery.

TR

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:57
Originally posted by DanUCSB
Okay, that's the last straw. Now I'm officially and completely jealous. That's a hell of a tour.

ETA: note also the pretty girl in the background, the universal smiles, and the missing-man formation. :)

It was a jam packed three and a half days.

That was the lovely hostess, and in Fayetteville, damn near one of a kind.

Hey, someone had to take the pics to entertain you folks!

TR

Guy
06-14-2004, 21:06
Chris and AM with the Museum's Guy Jones Custom Firearms display.

TR

Sir:

If you ever see me with a firearm that looks like that...you have my permission to shoot me in the head!

DanUCSB
06-14-2004, 21:12
No worries, TR. We definitely appreciate it.

Besides, I've got a bit more school, as well as some pesky various other matters to get through (SOPC, SFAS, Q... who can keep track of them all? :D) before I can be linin' 'em up on Hay Street. Cheers.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 21:52
Well, the beers may have led to this shot of Mr. Harsey on cat control after we got home.

TR

DanUCSB
06-15-2004, 00:32
Well, the beers may have led to this shot of Mr. Harsey on cat control after we got home.

Cat control? With that? Hell, maybe if the cat is out the door, across the street, through the neighbor's house, across his backyard and the far neighbor's yard, through his house, down the holler and over the crick. :D

The Reaper
06-15-2004, 06:43
Originally posted by DanUCSB
Cat control? With that? Hell, maybe if the cat is out the door, across the street, through the neighbor's house, across his backyard and the far neighbor's yard, through his house, down the holler and over the crick. :D

There is no kill like an overkill.

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

TR

The Reaper
06-15-2004, 19:14
Last pic from Day Two.

Visited the Colonel, he was well.

TR

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 19:21
An honor to be there on a solumn day, Flag flying half staff for President Reagan.

Tuukka
06-17-2004, 05:48
Tour available for Finnish long range reconnaisance team leaders...? :)

CPTAUSRET
08-16-2005, 12:52
I just found this old thread, missed it before.

I'm bumping it for anyone else who may have missed it.

Terry

Spartan359
08-16-2005, 14:47
Awesome pics TR. Is that an ArmaLite AR-50 that Mr. Harsey is trolling for cats with?

The Reaper
08-16-2005, 14:48
Awesome pics TR. Is that an ArmaLite AR-50 that Mr. Harsey is trolling for cats with?

Yep.

I find that the .50 Spotter-Tracer reloads give the best effect.

TR

Spartan359
08-16-2005, 15:03
Yep.

I find that the .50 Spotter-Tracer reloads give the best effect.

TR

Did Mr. Harsey get an opportunity to fire that beast?

aricbcool
08-16-2005, 19:12
I just found this old thread, missed it before.

I'm bumping it for anyone else who may have missed it.

Terry

That'd be me.

Thanks. :)

--Aric