PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Careers

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 12:56
If you had to do something else for a living, what would you want to do?

Team Sergeant
06-14-2004, 13:21
Porta-Potty Sales

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 13:30
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Porta-Potty Sales

You're the guy they call when . . .

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 13:44
Chief, ABA Disciplinary Counsel, or President of the United States, but I hate wearing suits and would also hate to give up the snappy ensemble I wear now.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 13:48
Originally posted by The Reaper
Chief, ABA Disciplinary Counsel

LOL

But the ABA is a voluntary association with no disciplinary authority over anyone. Many, like me, have resigned from the association because it has been taken over by liberals.

There are jobs like you've described, but they tend to be at the state level. Plenty of bad lawyers to discipline though, especially if you take a big state like CA or NY.

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 13:52
or President of the United States, but I hate wearing suits and would also hate to give up the snappy ensemble I wear now.

I think the President can wear whatever he wants, can't he?

Seems like you're the right guy, TR. Where do I send my check?

DunbarFC
06-14-2004, 13:59
I'd play professional soccer

CommoGeek
06-14-2004, 14:28
Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeon, maybe and Eye Surgeon.

Realistically, before IT I was offered a job as a supervisor with the Postal Service. The money was good, but the hours and people? Not on your life....

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-14-2004, 14:45
Not sure I could do or have done anything else. Sort of feel like I have been doing this forever and think this excerpt from Patton's poem sums it up for me.

So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

Jack Moroney

Sacamuelas
06-14-2004, 15:11
Well, that one is easy. Best of both worlds on what my occupation/life would be if I could go back in time. I would have my cake and get to eat it too.:cool:

(***photo taken from this website in the SOMED on the job thread)

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 15:17
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Well, that one is easy. Best of both worlds on what my occupation/life would be if I could go back in time. I would have my cake and get to eat it too.:cool:

(***photo taken from this website in the SOMED on the job thread)

LMAO -- nice, Saca.

DanUCSB
06-14-2004, 16:06
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
If you had to do something else for a living, what would you want to do?

Victoria's Secret catalog photographer. :D

NousDefionsDoc
06-14-2004, 16:14
Absolutely outstanding question! Are you taking a psych course?

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 16:16
Originally posted by DanUCSB

You win, but no prize this time. LOL

DanUCSB
06-14-2004, 16:18
You win, but no prize this time. LOL

To strive, to seek, to find... yadda yadda. ;)

ThinAir
06-14-2004, 16:46
WRC Pro-Rally driver/navigator. Preferably sponsored by Subaru.

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 17:16
TR, age 3?

Kyobanim
06-14-2004, 18:04
Space shuttle door gunner. Or at least space shuttle custodian.

brownapple
06-14-2004, 18:39

Did that. Hard work, and boring.

Hmmmm.. CEO, IBM.

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 19:10
I think I would have tried to be an 18A.

Or perhaps an intel analyst.

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 19:10
TR, age 3? No, last week.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 19:45
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
No, last week.

You wanna let Chris drive next time?

Trike pic couldn't be me, no gun rack.

TR

Guy
06-14-2004, 19:48
CEO of a company called...NO BULLSHIT!

I would take contracts that required us....to go in and get it done.

Gypsy
06-14-2004, 19:56
A doctor for the Military community.

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 20:02
Originally posted by Guy
CEO of a company called...NO BULLSHIT!

I would take contracts that required us....to go in and get it done. There's my write in vote for the next President of the United States.

Guy
06-14-2004, 20:29
There's my write in vote for the next President of the United States.

That would require DIPLOMATIC skills which...I'm severely lacking.:confused:

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 20:31
Originally posted by Guy

I'd like to see Guy and the Team Sergeant unleashed on the bureaucracy, fully empowered to fire anyone they think isn't getting the job done. :D

Gypsy
06-14-2004, 20:33
Originally posted by Guy

Sounds perfect...where shall I send the campaign check? After the 2004 election and President Bush's additional term of course. ;)

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 21:22
Originally posted by Guy
That would require DIPLOMATIC skills which...I'm severely lacking.:confused: I respectfully disagree, you have great diplomatic skills or else you'd run out of bullets at your location.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 21:23
I respectfully disagree, you have great diplomatic skills or else you'd run out of bullets at your location.

What, San Francisco?

I see your point!

Around Guy, I feel like a regular Dale Carnegie!

TR

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 21:23
OK, Maybe extraordinary discipline...

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 21:27
Plus they're always using movement to avoid fire. See:

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 21:29
12 gauge with duckbill attachment.

Air.177
06-14-2004, 22:52
I'd like to see Guy and the Team Sergeant unleashed on the bureaucracy, fully empowered to fire anyone they think isn't getting the job done. :D

Fire, Or Fire on?

I think I would enjoy working in any capacity for Guy's NO BULLSHIT outfit.:munchin

DanUCSB
06-14-2004, 23:02
Goddamn, RL, I think watching him dance has made me gay.

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 23:06
Goddamn, RL, I think watching him dance has made me gay.

Are you sure it was just watching him dance? LMAO J/K ;)

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 23:07
Originally posted by Air.177
I think I would enjoy working in any capacity for Guy's NO BULLSHIT outfit.

Me too! :lifter

Roycroft201
06-14-2004, 23:14
A writer for National Geographic

Air.177
06-14-2004, 23:16
Let's see Guy,
You've got:
Lawyers (RL)
Guns(Guy)

According to NDD and Warren Z, all you need now is money and you should be able to do all kinds of cool shit. You never know, this NO BULLSHIT deal may get off the ground after all
:D :munchin

Roycroft201
06-14-2004, 23:16
Great thread topic, BTW, RL.

RC201

GackMan
06-15-2004, 01:18
I want to own a bait shop.

perhaps an intel analyst.

don't do it...

Guy
06-15-2004, 03:18
What, San Francisco?

I see your point!

Around Guy, I feel like a regular Dale Carnegie!

TR

I learned from the FOG's out at the SERE school. Especially from "One Eyed Nael".:D When I was a construction superintendent...I'd fire people on the spot! Until our VP told me...I was no longer allowed to fire people because we were running out of workers.

So I started docking their pay for stupidity.:p I had two guys cutting a 2by4 piece of lumber...One stood on it, while the other cut:confused: I docked them both 30 minutes of pay for stupidity.

Guy
06-15-2004, 03:21

Then we would have to keep you on retainer.:munchin

Radar Rider
06-15-2004, 04:19
I want to play electric guitar in a heavy metal band. I would want to have the combined talents of Tony Iommi, Randy Rhodes, Eddie Van Halen, and Steven Vai. :cool:

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 07:11
Originally posted by Guy
I learned from the FOG's out at the SERE school. Especially from "One Eyed Nael".:D When I was a construction superintendent...I'd fire people on the spot! Until our VP told me...I was no longer allowed to fire people because we were running out of workers.

So I started docking their pay for stupidity.:p I had two guys cutting a 2by4 piece of lumber...One stood on it, while the other cut:confused: I docked them both 30 minutes of pay for stupidity. LOL!!! HEY TR! This is too good, Chris Reeve needs to hire Guy! Could you imagine those two working together? They'd have chartered buses bringing new employees in and old employees out , all day long.

The Reaper
06-15-2004, 08:00
LOL!!! HEY TR! This is too good, Chris Reeve needs to hire Guy! Could you imagine those two working together? They'd have chartered buses bringing new employees in and old employees out , all day long.

Chris and Guy running a business together?

I would pay good money to see that.

Maybe make it a new reality show on Fox!

TR

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 08:20

TR That's way too good! The show would be a hit in more ways than one. I'm gonna be laughing about that all day long!

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 08:24
RL, I'm not very smart, if given the chance at another line of work, I'd want to be a knifemaker all over again, only without the ten years of logging first so my knees don't creek so loud.

Roguish Lawyer
06-15-2004, 11:06
Originally posted by Guy
Then we would have to keep you on retainer.:munchin

See my approach? LOL ;)

Guy
06-15-2004, 13:24

TR

It would have to be on HBO or Pay Per View. :D

When you tell a guy, "16inches off of that wall" and he pulls out a tape measure and stares at it and hollers back, "that's one foot four inches right"?

Now you see why I fired people at the drop of a dime...Donald Trump was tame compared to me.

Ambush Master
06-15-2004, 13:40
Originally posted by Guy
It would have to be on HBO or Pay Per View. :D

When you tell a guy, "16inches off of that wall" and he pulls out a tape measure and stares at it and hollers back, "that's one foot four inches right"?

Now you see why I fired people at the drop of a dime...Donald Trump was tame compared to me.

BTW, Guy, how is the Poodle Trimming Business ?!?! :D

The Reaper
06-15-2004, 14:42
Dooooh!!!

That is going to leave a nasty mark!

TR

Guy
06-15-2004, 14:48
Originally posted by Ambush Master
BTW, Guy, how is the Poodle Trimming Business ?!?! :D

The wife had to do a cocker spaniel yesterday. I couldn't do it full time...those fuckin lapdogs "yap and whine" all the time. :(

I get a headache just having them in the car, then another one pissed on my "DUVET".:o I thought about skinning that SOB!

Roguish Lawyer
06-15-2004, 15:31
Originally posted by Guy
The wife had to do a cocker spaniel yesterday. I couldn't do it full time...those fuckin lapdogs "yap and whine" all the time. :(

I get a headache just having them in the car, then another one pissed on my "DUVET".:o I thought about skinning that SOB!

Damn, I thought he was making that up! LMMFAO!

The Reaper
06-15-2004, 16:07
Damn, I thought he was making that up! LMMFAO!

Let's not get him started about his duvet.

It is embarrassing enough that an SF guy knows what one is.

Skinning out poodles is okay though.

TR

myclearcreek
06-15-2004, 16:33
Guy's secretary...after he becomes President.

Until then...after I finish the degree, librarian.

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 17:43
Originally posted by Guy

I get a headache just having them in the car, then another one pissed on my "DUVET".:o I thought about skinning that SOB! Ok, You guys got me, I looked up" Duvet" on Google, and even that couldn't tell me what kind of car it is! Must be French...

Team Sergeant
06-15-2004, 18:11
Ok, You guys got me, I looked up" Duvet" on Google, and even that couldn't tell me what kind of car it is! Must be French...

Bill,

You know that goose feather sleeping bag you got fer hunting up north. Well take the bag, unzip it, lay it across your bed at home and bingo, you have a duvet.

TS

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 18:17
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
Bill,

You know that goose feather sleeping bag you got fer hunting up north. Well take the bag, unzip it, lay it across your bed at home and bingo, you have a duvet.

TS NOW I know why Guy was mad, the dog messed his huntin' bed!

Guy
06-15-2004, 19:06
Ok, You guys got me, I looked up" Duvet" on Google, and even that couldn't tell me what kind of car it is! Must be French...

If you knew how much those damn things cost to include the blanket you shove in it. You would have been ready to kill that dog also.

Try ordering a regular cup of coffee out here. :(

The Reaper
06-15-2004, 19:13
Originally posted by Guy
If you knew how much those damn things cost to include the blanket you shove in it. You would have been ready to kill that dog also.

Try ordering a regular cup of coffee out here. :(

I am sorry, I thought this was the "Alternative Careers" thread, NOT "Alternative Lifestyles".

Guy, get your happy ass back to NC, ASAP!

TR

Bill Harsey
06-15-2004, 19:35
Originally posted by Guy

Try ordering a regular cup of coffee out here. :( No questioning your thinking Guy. LOL! The coffee!!! You mean you don't drink double espresso mocha lattes with chocolate and cinnamon sprinkles and steamed soy milk on top?

ghuinness
06-15-2004, 19:58
Fly - any jet or helicopter. Actually in order: Tomcat, Black Hawk, Apache, Harrier

Roycroft201
06-15-2004, 20:31
LOL !

I REALLY love this site !

The poodle and the duvet and Guy-Sir's description of it and Mr. Harsey's huntin' bed and.... I can't stop laughing.

While Team Sargeant's description was excellent, he forgot to add the following info:
pronunciation: DOO VAY
Not, as my cousin the pilot prefers to call it, 'dove it' .

Roycroft201

Roguish Lawyer
06-16-2004, 07:18
No questioning your thinking Guy. LOL! The coffee!!! You mean you don't drink double espresso mocha lattes with chocolate and cinnamon sprinkles and steamed soy milk on top?

LOL

Guy
06-16-2004, 07:57
No questioning your thinking Guy. LOL! The coffee!!! You mean you don't drink double espresso mocha lattes with chocolate and cinnamon sprinkles and steamed soy milk on top?

No Sir,

I "DO NOT" drink..."whateverthehellyoucallthat"!:confused:

Never even heard of it...until I came out here to the "left coast".:D

Bill Harsey
06-16-2004, 08:06
Originally posted by Guy
No Sir,

I "DO NOT" drink..."whateverthehellyoucallthat"!:confused:

Never even heard of it...until I came out here to the "left coast".:D Didn't think so, coffee served black here in this shop, no foo foo in it. Someday if you get up here I'll take you into Eugene (Berkely North) where tie dye never went out of fashion and people obsess about how the logging water is made.

Guy
06-16-2004, 08:09
See my approach? LOL ;)

Your retainer fee we would be astronomical!

My country...conservative...pro-military...%100 American background doesn’t mix well with the "Alternative Lifestyle" out yonder. :D

Just imagine me running a company, being forced to hire one of these "drama queens", then having to fire it?...LMAO!