PDA

View Full Version : PVS 14s or PVS 7s

eric ford
01-21-2009, 00:19
QPs not sure that this is in the right place, if not please move.

First let me state my problem. I have Amblyopia and Esotropia (lazy eye) of my right eye. Im naturally right handed but shoot left handed.

Now my question. Ill will be issued PVS 14s and was wondering what eye would I wear them over, left or right? Or should I stick with PVS 7s?

Any thoughts and guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

incarcerated
01-21-2009, 00:26
PM inbound.

The Reaper
01-21-2009, 07:32
Which is your dominant eye?

TR

RT AXE 10
01-21-2009, 11:27
Using the PVS7 won't matter which eye, as your looking through 2dioptic lenzes, both left and right eyes.

PVS14 has only one dioptic lenz, which you may want to use on your dominating eye... You have to test it to see which side is more confortable to your use and habbits.

You may want to consider using an infrared aiming device to save you the confusion when you have to shoot and score real fast.

Last resort, train long and hard in instictive shooting.

Axe

abc_123
01-21-2009, 18:28
I personally would take the 14's over the 7's any day of the week.

IMO, SA is much better with the 14s and you at least have one eye not in the NODs to help with depth perception.

eric ford
01-22-2009, 00:24
My dominant eye is my left eye.

Because of my eye problems i have poor depth perception and limited perephial vision on my right side. When wearing glasses I have 20/20 vision, because my brain suppresses the image from my right eye to prevent double vision. So essentially Im using only my left eye. When I close my left eye the image my right eye sees is processed by my brain and it is poor.

Maybe this can clear up my situation some.

Thanks for the replys

Surgicalcric
01-22-2009, 08:07
PVS 14's and wear them over your left eye.