PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bill

lrsu
01-16-2009, 10:13
Bill,

Have you or have you seen anyone cord wrap the CR Professional Solider handle? I was looking at them and wondering if it could be done and how it would look and feel. Also could I have Micatra<sp scales added to it?

Thanks!

orko
01-18-2009, 16:09
Mr Harsey is most likely attending shot this weekend, however there is a photo in this thread posted by razor, and What he thinks about it.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/member.php?u=8

The others are mine, what I did was just wrap the cord it came with around the handle and stow the tiny knot inside the skeleton handle, then put a covering on it. It adds a bit of meat to the back of the knife and fits my hand better. Plus it still fits in the unmodified sheath. Several others have modified their sheaths to suit them better, but for me I like the secure snap when using the factory sheath.

Another thing I added to my factory sheath was the tech lock attachment, it lines up with two of the holes on the kydex and installs in seconds(still need to apply some lock tight though)

if you decide to go with the full cord wrap handle you will have to either modify the factory sheath or go with another sheath all together

cornelyj
03-05-2009, 11:30
I also did something similar with some 550 Cord. Wrapped in a design I found while trying to find the 550 cord watch band. Not too hard to do took me about half hour to read understand and make some knots. Good luck with you additions to the knife.

Pic here... http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18840

Orko how is that tech lock attachment working out for you?
I recently bought one but hadn't finished the sheath its to be mated to.

Bill Harsey
03-06-2009, 09:54
Bill,

Have you or have you seen anyone cord wrap the CR Professional Solider handle? I was looking at them and wondering if it could be done and how it would look and feel. Also could I have Micatra<sp scales added to it?

Thanks!

The knife in question could be cord wrapped but I designed the handle to work as a bare frame.

I have designed knife handles for cord wrap as seen on cover of Fighting Knives magazine back in about the mid-'80s. Now I don't like doing it because it looks like I'm copying other makers stuff.

orko
03-06-2009, 21:49
I also did something similar with some 550 Cord. Wrapped in a design I found while trying to find the 550 cord watch band. Not too hard to do took me about half hour to read understand and make some knots. Good luck with you additions to the knife.

Orko how is that tech lock attachment working out for you?
I recently bought one but hadn't finished the sheath its to be mated to.

I like what you did there, I tried carrying mine with 550 loops for the belt but it sloshed around too much for my liking.

The tech lock wasn't a spot on match (for the factory sheath) it will only line up with 2 of the four holes. Over the time I have carried it one of the screws worked it self loose and fell out. I replaced both screws with stainless ones, applied some thread tape and Sofar its held up great.

when using that sheath I carry it at the 7 o'clock position weak side. allows for a weak side draw (reverse grip), edge out.