PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for accepting me.

bigdog
01-15-2009, 20:11
My name is Mike. I am a search and rescue instructor here in Northeast Ohio. I have been training my new recruits for seven years on tracking, clue awareness and other basic fieldcraft including survival and wilderness medicine. I am a dog handler and a certified diver. My students range from mothers to law enforcement professionals (police, state troopers ect.) I am a member of the Ohio CART team.(Child Abduction Rescue Team) I arrived at this site looking for mantracking threads and to network with anyone who may be able to give me useful advisement on locating my victims or finding my chase. Most of my tracking experience has been looking for non-violent victims. Occasionally we have had the suicidal chase that not only evades the team, but would like to take a few of us with him, which changes the game to a new level. I have not served in the military, but this is my way of giving service to my community. I do not look for glory in my missions, only the satisfaction of a successful find and quietly return to my base waiting for the next call out. I gratiously tip my hat to you who secure our blessings of freedom. I am an avid hunter and believe that gun control is being able to hit your target. Thanks for your acceptance and I look forward to learning from your wisdom.

Dan
01-15-2009, 20:16
Glad you feel welcome as FTFSI.

Recommend you re-read the registration message, the sticky at the top of this forum, the forum rules, etc.

mojaveman
02-08-2009, 11:43
Fellow Warriors,

I was a young weapons sergeant (18B) and communications sergeant (18E) in the 5TH SFG during the Reagan Administration. The years that I spent in "group" were some of the most adventurous and meaningful of my life. I traveled to exotic places and got to do exciting things. There is a camaraderie in SF that doesn't exist anywhere else and at times I miss it. My experiences there taught me more about life, people, and the World than any professor ever did in college. In joining professional soldiers I hope to reconnect with other SF veterans and perhaps revisit some of the glory of my youth.

The Reaper
02-08-2009, 12:05
Guys, I guess you missed the links we have in various places to the correct Introductions thread, as well as this sticky at the top of this forum:

Sticky: Attention...BEFORE POSTING HERE!!
The Reaper

You know, no offense, but I expect people who do SAR, tracking, and awareness training to be able to find the right thread to post on. This ain't rocket science, folks.

TR