PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster ACR

creations_bane
01-14-2009, 17:07
I have searched for a thread like this, but the weapon seems to be mentioned only in passing. Does anyone on this board have any experience testing or firing the new weapons system designed by MagPul? Any information would be appreciated.

72_Wilderness
01-14-2009, 22:42
I've asked the same question with no response. It's possible that the right people aren't seeing the questions, who knows. Only thing new(November 2008) is this snip-it on the Bushmaster website.

"2009 ACR Availability

The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009."

By pure luck I met a class 3 dealer that had a contract to distribute the Masada here in Texas, before it was handed over to Bushmaster. He had customers that already placed orders before the switch and when he told his customers what had happened, they all canceled their orders based on the how the business switch was handled. That was at the Shot Show in 2007. I take it with a grain of salt, but it's interesting none the less.

I was really looking forward to seeing how the ACR handled as it has a few unique features about it that separate it from an M16. They seem to be keeping an extremely tight lid closed on this project until it is 100% done. I'll be happy with what I have, until Magpul/Bushmaster actually starts producing the weapon, it's been tested and proven it's worth the cost, whatever that may be.

Just a heads up, check the gun picture thread. There is a .308 Magpul Massoud in there.

:munchin

72W

Justinmd
01-15-2009, 00:28
The ACR is a solid rifle with a great feel. It is getting better and better, the production version will have the benefit of lots of fine tuning by a lot of guys who know what they're doing, from both a technical aspect and an operational aspect.

The Class 3 dealer was feeding you BS. The Masada was first introduced at SHOT 07, as the first Gen prototype. SHOT 08 was the announcement of the Bushy agreement. There was never any contracts for distribution, Magpul did not even have the capacity to produce the gun at that time.

The latest ACR will be on display at SHOT, though handling is not allowed.

In case it isn't obvious, yes I have inside info. I'll post some Gen 3 Massoud pics after the show.

J

I've asked the same question with no response. It's possible that the right people aren't seeing the questions, who knows. Only thing new(November 2008) is this snip-it on the Bushmaster website.

"2009 ACR Availability

The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009."

By pure luck I met a class 3 dealer that had a contract to distribute the Masada here in Texas, before it was handed over to Bushmaster. He had customers that already placed orders before the switch and when he told his customers what had happened, they all canceled their orders based on the how the business switch was handled. That was at the Shot Show in 2007. I take it with a grain of salt, but it's interesting none the less.

I was really looking forward to seeing how the ACR handled as it has a few unique features about it that separate it from an M16. They seem to be keeping an extremely tight lid closed on this project until it is 100% done. I'll be happy with what I have, until Magpul/Bushmaster actually starts producing the weapon, it's been tested and proven it's worth the cost, whatever that may be.

Just a heads up, check the gun picture thread. There is a .308 Magpul Massoud in there.

:munchin

72W

72_Wilderness
01-15-2009, 00:35
Thanks Justin. I'll keep an eye out for the pictures and any new information that is released after the show.

72W

creations_bane
01-15-2009, 12:45
Thanks a bunch on the info, looking forward to seeing the stuff from shot show.

Philkilla
01-17-2009, 23:00
It will be nice once the smoke clears.

Defender968
04-03-2010, 09:14
Well the Bushmaster ACR is out and available for purchase.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1BMACRBB&groupid=6

The Reaper
04-03-2010, 15:44
Well the Bushmaster ACR is out and available for purchase.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1BMACRBB&groupid=6

$2,399.00?!?!

Guess I'll wait.

TR

Defender968
04-03-2010, 16:03
$2,399.00?!?!

Guess I'll wait.

TR

TR I'm not real familiar with the ACR, but 2400 seemed pretty high to me as well.

I was made aware of it being out from an email from AIM and thought there might be some folks here who were interested to know.

Peregrino
04-03-2010, 18:15
I would recommend keeping an eye on the lawsuits too. Robinson is suing Remington and Bushmaster for patent infringements. (I'm rooting for Rem/BM FWIW. :lifter) Not sure if Magpul is involved but they're on my good side too. On a side note - Hopefully BM's QC has improved enough that the ACR will live up to it's potential.

rubberneck
04-03-2010, 19:11
$2,399.00?!?!

Guess I'll wait.

TR

that was after BM/Remington said that the price tag would be in the $1500 range. I'd love to own one but I can get a Colt with a Larue rail and an aimpoint and still have $400+ to spend on ammo.

Justinmd
04-03-2010, 19:37
I have to admit the price took me by surprise, though I've been out of the loop for awhile. And I do think it is high. That's a lot of dough to spend on a 5.56 plinker.

There's been a lot of concern about Bushmaster's QC (from consumers). I haven't seen the true production rifles. They run the risk of people getting really upset for even little problems, given the price.

Overall it's a good rifle, it's not magic, or revolutionary, but it's good, and the ergonomics are among the best.

Justin

Justinmd
04-03-2010, 19:41
BM initially said the price would be somewhere around 1500, this was at SHOT 08 when they first bought the production rights. That was also before Rem was involved. No one has given any pricing info since that time as far as I know.

You can buy a lot of things for that money, like a Sako TRG. I can tell you that your AR will not match the features of the ACR, though whether those features are needed or not is on the individual, of course. Seems like there's already talk of the price coming down. On M4carbine there was somebody talking about one for 2100 ish if I remember correctly,
J

Philkilla
04-11-2010, 00:59
An ACR turned up at Jim's on Yadkin here last week for $2500.

I looked over it and it seemed neat, but I haven't spoken with anyone that has actually fired one yet.