PDA

View Full Version : The Visit

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 14:29
This thread will have some pics from the infamous mini-reunion of AM, Harsey, Chris Reeve, and myself last week.

Sorry for the delay, but it took till today to recover.

Day One, Vertical Wind Tunnel.

TR

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 14:47
Outside the Weapons Pool.

Not too hard to tell what this weapon is.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2004, 17:02
Great pics! I know the weapons pool building - good to see they didn't give the Bravos anything new.:D

Did they get to ride the fan?

Bill Harsey
06-13-2004, 17:10
Sir Reaper, Both Chris and I enjoyed the tour you gave us beyond words. Thanks also to Ambush Master for joining up and giving us his extraordinary historical perspective of Special Warfare. It goes without saying what an honor it is to be in the company of men like yourselves. Thank you. NDD, No we didn't ride the wind tunnel, figured I'd put too much stress on the turbines.

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 17:11
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Great pics! I know the weapons pool buildiong - good to see they didn't give the Bravos anything new.:D

Did they get to ride the fan?

Negative on the "Fan" !! I would love to fly in that !!!!!

If you tossed Mr H into it,............. it would probably "Brown Out" all of Fayeteville to keep him aloft !!!!:D

Later
Martin

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 17:16
Thank you Mr. Harsey!

NDD, we couldn't put all of the things we saw on a public site, but they do have some VERY sexy new toys for the Bravos, to include a completely new facility.

AM started having flashbacks to his days under the same overhead, wrenching on crossbows and siege weapons, and had to be transported to the GB Club for emergency infusion.

The VWT engine is rated at 3600 shaft HP, and we were going to put Bill in, but a class was in session and had priority.

Bill was inpressed by the instructors ability to fly in the tunnel, though, but he still wanted to use the fan in his forge.

Here they are digging through the SF Museum Archives Knife Collection. We did have to get special gloves to fit Little Billly Junior.

TR

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 17:21
Here we are visiting the Colonel.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
06-13-2004, 17:42
Great pics, TR. Thanks for posting them. Boy, am I jealous!

Team Sergeant
06-13-2004, 17:50
The weapons facility sure brings back the memories. For all those looking at that weapon, trust me when I say, “it’s bark is as bad as its bite!”

“Fire the main gun!”

Hope all had fun on their visit! As is becoming the norm on this site, Great Pictures TR!
And thanks for sharing!

TS

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 17:54
Private after hours tour of the SF Museum, followed by a trip to the GB Club and a BBQ dinner.

Then drinks at my house capped off Day 1.

TR

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 18:04
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
For all those looking at that weapon, trust me when I say, “it’s bark is as bad as its bite!”

“Fire the main gun!”
TS

Yes, that is one of the ultimate Ventriloquist Watchdogs !! It Barks here and it BITES over there !!!

Later
Martin

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 18:18
Originally posted by Sdiver
Looks like everyone had a great time.

TR : Again nice pics....except for that LAST ONE. The flash in AM's ear is too much.

There are three rules when taking pics of people in front of a mirror.

1) Use some type of flash defuser
2) Use a bouncecard on the flash.

3) DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF PEOPLE STANDING IN FRONT OF MIRRORS !!!!:D

Thank you for your advice.

I'll keep that in mind when using my sub $200 digi-cam.

Did you mean "diffuser"?

TR

Roguish Lawyer
06-13-2004, 18:20
Originally posted by The Reaper
Thank you for your advice.

I'll keep that in mind when using my sub $200 digi-cam.

Did you mean "diffuser"?

TR

Hey Sdiver, maybe you'd like to tell him how to fire a carbine too? LMAO

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 18:21
Sorry about that !!

Apparently I was too slow in DUMPING the unwarranted comment !!!

Sdiver
06-13-2004, 18:31
Originally posted by The Reaper
Did you mean "diffuser"?

TR

Ahhhh......Yeah. That's it.

I'm knot that good a spelling letters.

Crocodile........ K...R...O...K...O...H...D...I...L...E

Actually....I'm wrong.

That last pic was GREAT !!!!

Since I assume you took the pic, the flash in the mirror is covering you face in the reflection. Saves you time from having to go and put that little 'Black' strip over your eyes.

Besides, it looks like there's just this white light over your body....Kinda like the Face of GOD........................Anyone else get a shiver up their spine?

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2004, 18:43
Originally posted by Sdiver

Actually....I'm wrong.

.Anyone else get a shiver up their spine?

We know.

No, most of us have seen Reaper drop a hammer on someone before.

Ambush Master
06-13-2004, 19:10
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
We know.

No, most of us have seen Reaper drop a hammer on someone before.

As I told someone that I worked for several years ago, " Ya know Jim,.................I've KILLED,............. FAR BETTER men than YOU,....... many many of them !!! They were HONORABLE men, fighting for their country. Now, exactly where do you think that puts YOU in my overall scheme of things !!!!

Do Take Care.
Martin

Team Sergeant
06-13-2004, 19:14
Originally posted by Ambush Master
As I told someone that I worked for several years ago, " Ya know Jim,.................I've KILLED,............. FAR BETTER men than YOU,....... many many of them!!! They were HONORABLE men, fighting for their country. Now, exactly where do you think that puts YOU in my overall scheme of things !!!!

Do Take Care.
Martin

LOLOLOL

NousDefionsDoc
06-14-2004, 18:59
And back to the top we go!