PDA

View Full Version : Just completed my first knife oriented seminar

PiterM
01-11-2009, 16:12
Well, I'm not military in any way, but you never know what life can throw your way. Just completed this (pic attached) after some time of "just" KM training. There are next steps and of course I'm going to continue.

That was realy an eye opener! Also hell of good real-world non-matrix stuff to learn.

FMF DOC
01-11-2009, 19:55
Did I miss something?

Bill Harsey
01-11-2009, 21:06
Did I miss something?

Sir,
I hope everything is ok because Piter is very much a friend of this forum.

Am I (quite possibly) misreading something?

SF_BHT
01-11-2009, 21:39
Did I miss something?

I think he is just trying to comment that he just did the first of several knife fighting seminars from the program that was attached....

I have heard of this training from a friend who is into that stuff. My take on it is why bring a knife to a gun fight.:D But I guess if I run out of bullets I better know how to use my knife......

Remember English is not his 1st language.

PiterM
01-12-2009, 00:31
I think he is just trying to comment that he just did the first of several knife fighting seminars from the program that was attached....

I have heard of this training from a friend who is into that stuff. My take on it is why bring a knife to a gun fight.:D But I guess if I run out of bullets I better know how to use my knife......

Remember English is not his 1st language.

Thanks! Yes, that's just first of the series if KM seminars dedicated to knife. Next is very end of Feb or beginning March. BUT it's not just knife fighting - it's MUCH more than that in fact! It's about everything that is related to knives in combat or on the street. Especially anti-knife training & tactics, which means knife defense, defending 3rd person against knife attack, hostage situations (with knife as a weapon) and more. Very good training.

Oh, I have no idea if that program is available in US. It's been prepared especially for Europe, where guns are banned (in most countries) and knives are weapons of the bad guys on the streets. I'd be happy to offer my opponent with knife just couple of 45ACP's but I can only dream about CCW licence here. Or any gun licence in fact.