View Full Version : In Case You Missed This

BMT (RIP)
01-11-2009, 07:02
http://www.pentagonmemorialphotos.com/

BMT

Saoirse
01-11-2009, 10:29
Thank you for sharing this site.
It was a bit emotional for me, as it always is when I view anything having to do with 9/11 having lost friends there, both physically and psychologically.
The fact that most of America thinks we should "forget and move on", to forget is the worst thing we can do. I still think it should be a national day of remembrance...officially!

Mizzou
01-11-2009, 10:45
I did notice they did not include any pictures of the uncovering of the Memorial. President Bush and the official party walked past each individual bench, and as they passed by, the service member uncovered the Memorial and then folded up the blue cover. Afterwards, they all filed out. It really put into perspective the human toll.

Here is a picture from behind the main stage of President Bush walking through the Memorial. Apologies for the angle and resolution, but I was behind the main stage next to the actual building.

kgoerz
01-12-2009, 04:31
Thank you for sharing this site.
It was a bit emotional for me, as it always is when I view anything having to do with 9/11 having lost friends there, both physically and psychologically.
The fact that most of America thinks we should "forget and move on", to forget is the worst thing we can do. I still think it should be a national day of remembrance...officially!

Spend time in NYC with the First Responders. They have not forgotten. They pretty much have taken the security of City into their own Hands. They don't rely on the Feds for much.

Saoirse
01-12-2009, 06:49
Spend time in NYC with the First Responders. They have not forgotten. They pretty much have taken the security of City into their own Hands. They don't rely on the Feds for much.

KG...I have, before during and after. I worked for the TA...family and friends on the job there... I know they haven't forgotten but many would like to, if for anything ...their sanity. :(