PDA

View Full Version : warrior Lawn Care 101

Pandora
06-12-2004, 19:46
I sure wish I could post a poll forn this one...

What is it with men and tier lawns? Is there a secret lawn society we don't know about?

What happens when yo get home and Mama has requisitioned part of the sacred lawn for a cutting garden. :D

I'd like to think Warriors are a tad more tolerant og CinC-Home decisions.

Bill Harsey
06-13-2004, 06:49
No "male obsessive lawncare personality disorder" around here. If the brush needs trimming it gets done with a chainsaw and cat (crawler tractor type). I don't golf, I don't worship grass. Got knives to make.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-13-2004, 07:07
Originally posted by Pandora

What is it with men and tier lawns? Is there a secret lawn society we don't know about?

There is no secret lawn society here. The lawn gets cut close to the cottage once a week to deny the small critters cover and concealment and the meadow gets cut after every wildflower bloom or when the only thing I can see of the two pups are the tips of their tails breaking thru the top layer of the grass. Good luck with a cutting garden. Anything planted up here will only add variety to the diet of the deer, moose and snowshoe hare.

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2004, 09:05
I don't have a lawn. I live in a city of almost 8 million people. And Carlos can't plant mines in the concrete without tearing it up or leaving wet concrete behind.

Bill Harsey
06-13-2004, 09:34
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
I don't have a lawn. I live in a city of almost 8 million people. And Carlos can't plant mines in the concrete without tearing it up or leaving wet concrete behind. I knew it, living in cosmopolitan splendor.

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2004, 09:48
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I knew it, living in cosmopolitan splendor.

LOL - living like a sardine in ant hill squalor is more like it.

Bill Harsey
06-13-2004, 10:10
LOL - living like a sardine in ant hill squalor is more like it. ...surrounded by all that culture and no lawnmower!

Guy
06-13-2004, 10:47
...surrounded by all that culture and no lawnmower!

I have enough culture surrounding me to drive a man crazy.:eek:

Just name it, we have it...:(

Bill Harsey
06-13-2004, 11:04
Originally posted by Guy
I have enough culture surrounding me to drive a man crazy.:eek:

Just name it, we have it...:( Reaper was explaining some of the culture you have available to you at your location while we were going down the road in his pickup. I almost wet my pants laughing so hard.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-13-2004, 11:19
I don't have a lawn.

Damn NDD, don't let some of those old retired SGMs hear you say that. You will be getting a can of green paint and a frigging manual on rock painting.:D

Jack Moroney

NousDefionsDoc
06-13-2004, 11:59
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
Damn NDD, don't let some of those old retired SGMs hear you say that. You will be getting a can of green paint and a frigging manual on rock painting.:D

Jack Moroney

LOL - Roger that Sir. When I first got to Group, I bought a small house in Hope Mills. Turned out I was RIGHT across the street from my Company Sergeant Major. I found out because he walked in and went straight to the fridge, where upon I received a class on the requirements for maintaining a stock of Coors Light in case the neighbor needed a clandestine emergency resupply. Turns out several Team Sergeants bought houses in that development upon returning from Vietnam and many of them were in my Company. I received "notice of requirement for area beautification" on several occasions. LOL

Guy
06-13-2004, 12:19
Reaper was explaining some of the culture you have available to you at your location while we were going down the road in his pickup. I almost wet my pants laughing so hard.

I was just at dinner with the wife and one of her friends. The lady begins to explain to us that we needed another cat and were we interested?

Being the somewhat cordial and inquisitive guy I am. :D I ask how much? She says $2000-$4000. :eek:

Who in the hell pays that much money for a house cat?

Damn sure not me!

AngelsSix
06-13-2004, 19:35
Posted by Guy:

I was just at dinner with the wife and one of her friends. The lady begins to explain to us that we needed another cat and were we interested?

LMAO!! I have one you can have for FREE!! I can't give the hairy bugger away.

Now, back to the Lawn Nazis, er I mean secret lawn society. I had a good laugh over that statement.......especially living here in Pinehurst. Boy, you want to talk about some lawns!! Makes my house look like a shanty......but I am working on it.

:lifter

Bill Harsey
06-13-2004, 20:01
Don't be makin' fun of Guy, I spoke to him last week and could sense he is a man of both culture and highly refined taste. He deserves the right of first refusal on expensive kitty cats. Now about those lawns, I drove thru your neighborhood last week too, man that ain't loggin' country. Very nice.

Guy
06-13-2004, 20:02
Originally posted by AngelsSix
Posted by Guy:

LMAO!! I have one you can have for FREE!! I can't give the hairy bugger away.

Now, back to the Lawn Nazis, er I mean secret lawn society. I had a good laugh over that statement.......especially living here in Pinehurst. Boy, you want to talk about some lawns!! Makes my house look like a shanty......but I am working on it.

:lifter

Get a gardener and I mean a good one! The last f*cker I had hit my car...cost $1800 to repair it.

You know he denied it.:rolleyes:

Cutting grass is no longer my forte.:lifter

AngelsSix
06-13-2004, 20:08
Get a gardener and I mean a good one! The last f*cker I had hit my car...cost $1800 to repair it.

LMAO!! You poor thing!! What kind of gardener hits your car?? Geeez!!

I take care of my own gardening, I like to work outside. I get a kick out of making my roomies place look like a girly house. I know he is going to lose his mind when he gets back!!:munchin

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 20:12
Don't be makin' fun of Guy, I spoke to him last week and could sense he is a man of both culture and highly refined taste. He deserves the right of first refusal on expensive kitty cats. Now about those lawns, I drove thru your neighborhood last week too, man that ain't loggin' country. Very nice.

Actually, Bill wanted for us to look you up, but I told him you had dropped off the planet.

You would have been more than welcome to cross the highway and have a cold one with us.

TR

AngelsSix
06-13-2004, 20:35
Dammit!!!! I always miss the good stuff. Geeez!! I have to give you my number now so you no longer have an excuse, LOL!! I would have loved to have joined you gents. Maybe I could have wrangled a ride on someone's bike!!:D

The Reaper
06-13-2004, 20:39
Dammit!!!! I always miss the good stuff. Geeez!! I have to give you my number now so you no longer have an excuse, LOL!! I would have loved to have joined you gents. Maybe I could have wrangled a ride on someone's bike!!:D

Look forward to it.

No doubt Mr. Harsey would have obliged you, on my bike.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 14:24
Originally posted by Guy
Get a gardener and I mean a good one!

Cutting grass is no longer my forte.:lifter

There you go! :cool:

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 17:51
Originally posted by The Reaper
Look forward to it.

No doubt Mr. Harsey would have obliged you, on my bike.

TR That bikes big enough to log medium size timber with! I knew those evidence photos would start popping up somewhere.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 18:07
That bikes big enough to log medium size timber with! I knew those evidence photos would start popping up somewhere.

Bill:

Looks small with you on it.

Can't wait to see the lovely Mrs. Harsey's reaction to the pics I have sent to her!

Oops!

TR

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 19:03
Bill:

Looks small with you on it.

Can't wait to see the lovely Mrs. Harsey's reaction to the pics I have sent to her!

Oops!

TR I'll claim really good photoshop.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 19:33
I'll claim really good photoshop.

I thought I did pretty good with the one I posted.

You can't see the socks and sandals, or the training wheels.

TR

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 19:43
Thanks for the training wheels! The no shoes was so I didn't get the ride dirty.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 19:48
Thanks for the training wheels! The no shoes was so I didn't get the ride dirty.

Time for me to post your Visa card, already?

TR

Roguish Lawyer
06-14-2004, 19:51
I missed that bike pic.

Mr. Harsey, I would imagine that rides are not offered to just anyone. Quite a compliment to you, I'd say.

Guy
06-14-2004, 19:53
I thought I did pretty good with the one I posted.

You can't see the socks and sandals, or the training wheels.

TR

I was wondering for a moment...how in the hell is he smiling with both feet up.:D

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 19:56
Time for me to post your Visa card, already?

TR OK, I'll be really good, no more screwing around, anything you want Sir.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:02
Here is what the before pic looked like.

You can see the value of careful editing.

TR

Bill Harsey
06-14-2004, 20:13
Hey! I was honored to just get to do that! Nice air horn too TR..

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 20:48
Hey! I was honored to just get to do that! Nice air horn too TR..

Thank you, Sir!

That is a real compliment.

Next time, I'll throw the passenger seat on the back and you can go for a ride with Chris.

Wheelies should be very easy.:D

TR

AngelsSix
06-14-2004, 21:39
It would be an honor to ride with any of you fine gents. I will hold you to it one of these days!! Speaking of which.....Someone still owes me a beer or three.....I won't mention any names Mr. Reaper......ooopps, sorry bout that. Anyhow.....I graduate on the 26th at 1100. Dinner and pool party after that. Drinks after we leave there.

The Reaper
06-14-2004, 21:43
It would be an honor to ride with any of you fine gents. I will hold you to it one of these days!! Speaking of which.....Someone still owes me a beer or three.....I won't mention any names Mr. Reaper......ooopps, sorry bout that. Anyhow.....I graduate on the 26th at 1100. Dinner and pool party after that. Drinks after we leave there.

That offer has expired.

By my beer math, you now owe me beers.

Pool party in your sub-division?

TR

AngelsSix
06-16-2004, 09:18
Well, I guess I will be MORE than happy to provide the beers, unfortunately...the dog has not dug a hole large enough to fill and use as a pool, but he's working on it.:D