PDA

View Full Version : DIET SCHEDULE

bluedog35
01-07-2009, 12:19
Can a quiet professional please give me a diet schedule to keep up with before I attend SFAS in October. Trying to become more lean and cut.

The Reaper
01-07-2009, 12:25
Can a quiet professional please give me a diet schedule to keep up with before I attend SFAS in October. Trying to become more lean and cut.

Eat healthy.

Do not lean out excessively. You do not need to be cut. There are no posing or flexing requirements, or scoring for definition.

You are a long way out.

TR

Red Flag 1
01-07-2009, 14:40
Eat healthy.

Do not lean out excessively. You do not need to be cut. There are no posing or flexing requirements, or scoring for definition.

You are a long way out.

TR

Can one be alive without a bio?

:munchin

RF 1

Dozer523
01-07-2009, 15:47
Can one be alive without a bio?

:munchin

RF 1
Let it be posted in the record (Attention to Orders)
On this date, The seventh day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nine, at 13:25 Pine Land Standard Time. The Reaper cut someone some slack.:mad:

6.8SPC_DUMP
01-07-2009, 16:53
On this date, The seventh day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nine, at 13:25 :D

If anyone wants I can pm them the basic nutritional guidelines a sports nutritionist gave me, or post it here if I get the nod. It's a PITA to follow and I'm sure not feasible when deployed, but this woman was paid 1500 an hour by Larry Bird, Monica Selles and currently a bunch of other pro-athletes/celebrities (one was the MVP in the NFL this decade). She's a PHD and former Olympian.

Red Flag 1
01-07-2009, 17:36
On this date, The seventh day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nine, at 13:25 Pine Land Standard Time. The Reaper cut someone some slack.:mad:

Noted!

RF 1

The Reaper
01-07-2009, 19:46
:D

If anyone wants I can pm them the basic nutritional guidelines a sports nutritionist gave me, or post it here if I get the nod. It's a PITA to follow and I'm sure not feasible when deployed, but this woman was paid 1500 an hour by Larry Bird, Monica Selles and currently a bunch of other pro-athletes/celebrities (one was the MVP in the NFL this decade). She's a PHD and former Olympian.

I'm sorry, did I miss the part where you attended SF training and have some basis for what might be required?

TR

koz
01-07-2009, 20:52
:D

IMO- here's the problem with using something like this. Larry Bird, Monica Selles, and all those pro-athletes have ready access to whatever food/nutrition/vitamins they need.

When you're at SFAS you eat what /when you can. I'm sure very little from the Camp Mackall dining facility and MRE's fit into her plan. You're going to loose weight (or at least I did). I'll wager that none of the above people go through something like SFAS at their training camp - lack of food, sleep, long/strenuous days (after day, after day)....
If you're not sure it's feasible when deployed, I can almost guarantee that it's not. Is missing a day or two of all food in her diet? Is eating goat-meat, flat-bread, etc... part of her plan?

I'm sure she has good stuff for people who have anything and everything in their fridge, we do not have the luxury.

6.8SPC_DUMP
01-07-2009, 21:21
Understood. I'll post less.

JJ_BPK
01-08-2009, 05:33
Eat healthy. You are a long way out.
TR

bluedog35

Along with eating healthy,,

Your profile should be filled with a little more meat..

Blitzzz (RIP)
01-08-2009, 07:11
Most "professional" diet folks with which I have been in contact all have some motivating agenda. It has been my experience that diets do not make too much difference in the long run. What your body does with what you eat does. As long as the caloric input is sufficient to keep you alive under the conditions you are experiencing at the time. Diet will not make that much difference.

Eat healthy, fear no fats, eat more meat, maybe lower carbs. ALL Carbs are suger, Fats and proteins are building blocks needed to build and repair. Carbs are burnt off (as energy) or stored (as Fat). During Desert Shield/Storm, I went in at 230 lbs and exited at 194 lbs. I ate as I needed, performed well, was not sick, was not weak.

Take the advice given here by some very good folks and value less the "health Freaks". Blitzzz ( use to be callled "land Shark")

Dozer523
01-08-2009, 07:45
I'm sorry, did I miss the part where you attended SF training and have some basis for what might be required?

TR
On this date, The seventh day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nine, at 20:46 Pine Land Standard Time. The Reaper returned to his usual self.:) Thank God that's "kinder, gentler" stuff is over! Once again all is right in the Kingdom:D

The Reaper
01-08-2009, 09:01
Most "professional" diet folks with which I have been in contact all have some motivating agenda. It has been my experience that diets do not make too much difference in the long run. What your body does with what you eat does. As long as the caloric input is sufficient to keep you alive under the conditions you are experiencing at the time. Diet will not make that much difference.

Eat healthy, fear no fats, eat more meat, maybe lower carbs. ALL Carbs are suger, Fats and proteins are building blocks needed to build and repair. Carbs are burnt off (as energy) or stored (as Fat). During Desert Shield/Storm, I went in at 230 lbs and exited at 194 lbs. I ate as I needed, performed well, was not sick, was not weak.

Take the advice given here by some very good folks and value less the "health Freaks". Blitzzz ( use to be callled "land Shark")

Exactly.

I went to the then Phase I, with incorporated survival training, fit, but about 10 pounds heavier than I could have gotten down to, and tried to keep my weight up throughout the phase because I knew I was going to be starving for five days or so. I went out at 195, and came back at 174. If I had gone out at 185, I would have had less left to burn.

SFAS will feed you through the course, but anyone who has wrestled (or participated in a weight-classed sport) knows that you are better and stronger at your natural weight than if you have to crash, starve, spit, and sweat to make a lower weight or to gain definition.

This topic is pretty thoroughly discussed here. Feel free to use the Search button and read for further info.

TR

booker
01-08-2009, 18:46
On this date, The seventh day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nine, at 20:46 Pine Land Standard Time. The Reaper returned to his usual self.:) Thank God that's "kinder, gentler" stuff is over! Once again all is right in the Kingdom:D

Thank goodness. I thought there had been a polar shift!

Pete
01-09-2009, 05:18
When under heavy Army Training out in the middle of nowhere follow the SEE FOOD diet.

ZonieDiver
01-09-2009, 15:28
"Ham and Claymores" will sustain you!