PDA

View Full Version : Glock G22 vs G35 ?

EMTVAL
01-06-2009, 05:11
Hello everyone. i was wondering if i could get your guys feedback on what you think the "real" difference is between these two models of pistols.Is it really worth spending the extra money for a Glock G35 than the standard G22, Thanks

Kyobanim
01-06-2009, 05:43
You missed a line in the stickies. Go back and introduce yourself in the introductions thread.

kgoerz
05-25-2009, 15:01
Just bringing this thread back to life with the original Posters question. We are debating between the G35 and the G22. For a Tactical carry Pistol. Plenty of data on the 22 but very little on the 35. Personally I don't like the long travel time of the slide on the G35. Makes it difficult to make quick follow up shots.
Do they even make a TAC Holster for the G35. Any opinions would be helpful for the upcoming debate.

MAB32
05-25-2009, 16:48
Kgoerz,

I had the G34 while on duty and carried it off duty too. I believe that both the 34 and 35 are close to the same size. I traded mine in for an AK once I retired.

I also have both an on duty holster (Safariland) and Blade Tech (brand new, never used) off duty gear. I believe that both will fit the G35 with light. Also, both are for sale. Sorry I couldn't be off help with the G35.

Blitzzz (RIP)
05-25-2009, 19:54
How fast is needed. If you what really fast try a Walther P99. Blitzzz

tom kelly
05-25-2009, 21:12
How fast is needed. If you what really fast try a Walther P99. Blitzzz
The book by MSG Paul R. Howe U.S. Army Retired " LEADERSHIP AND TRAINING FOR THE FIGHT" will give you excellent professional advice on this and other topics. I highly recommend you purchse this book and read, study its contents. Regard's, tom kelly

JAYTEAM
06-03-2009, 14:38
Kgoerz,

I had the G34 while on duty and carried it off duty too. I believe that both the 34 and 35 are close to the same size. I traded mine in for an AK once I retired.

I also have both an on duty holster (Safariland) and Blade Tech (brand new, never used) off duty gear. I believe that both will fit the G35 with light. Also, both are for sale. Sorry I couldn't be off help with the G35.

I am a Certified Glock Armorer. The difference between the G34 and G35 is caliber. They have the exact same external dimensions, and in turn use the same holsters.

I hope this helps.

Jay

Land Shark
07-05-2009, 18:07
I have carried both a Glock 35 (Dept. Issue) and a Glock 22 (personaly owned) for at least 10 years now. The only advantage the G35 has over the G22 is a longer sight radius, allowing for slightly greater accuracy - especially at longer ranges. The G22 is easier to carry on- or off-duty and easier to draw from a holster. While they share the same sized frame, the G35 is longer and will not fit in a G22 holster that tapers at the bottom (like the Safariland 6004). Personally, I prefer the G22 overall.

that's my 2 cents

kawika
07-06-2009, 10:55
As far as speed is concerned, for production class competition pistol shooting, the glock 34/35 platform has been dominating. Longer sight radius is usually why people stick with the longer barrel and the slide having to move 1 more inch at the speeds it is traveling is a nonfactor. They at one point used to come with 3.5-pound connectors, extended magazine releases and slide stops. Dunno if the new ones still do or not. Doesn't really matter as those parts are less than 50 with shipping.

koz
07-06-2009, 10:59
Trigger pull is 4.5 but they do come with extended slide and mag releases..

Trigger connector is about $18-25 depending on what you get..

Leozinho
07-06-2009, 18:16
Personally I don't like the long travel time of the slide on the G35. Makes it difficult to make quick follow up shots.

The G35 slide is longer, but it has a cut out on the top. I'm not a Glock expert, and I could be wrong, but I think the G22 and G34 slides weigh nearly the same. I think they also use the same recoil spring, so cycle time and felt recoil in theory should be nearly the same, too.

I don't think that you can pull the trigger faster than the gun cycles with the stock recoil spring. (However, you might change the springs and the loads and make the gun sluggish.)

Detonics
07-07-2009, 13:18
I shot a G35 for awhile. I swapped the extended slide lock first thing as my rather large hands consistently bumped it in recoil, locking the slide. I'm not sure that there's a great deal to be gained over the G22 except for the very slight difference in sight radius and maybe a few fps in velocity. Was an accurate reliable gun.