PDA

View Full Version : QP on Wheel of Fortune

coolshock1
01-05-2009, 23:09
I don't usually watch wheel of Fortune but as I was sitting at the doctor's office tonight WOF was on the tv. It must have been Armed Forces week as one contestant was from the Navy, another from the Air Force and the third from the Army. The gentleman from the Army caught my attention as he was the most decorated and I noticed his right arm. As they introduced each of them the zoomed in on them. The representative from the Army was a member of the Special Forces. Not that it matters but I didn't catch his name. I was surprised to see him on the show. I'm not sure how he did but hopefully he did well.

Scimitar
01-06-2009, 03:16
PerSec?

I must say I do find this confusing. We all know about general PerSec. Don't have your name and the fact that you are SF on any open media.

But then when any SF guy receives a Bronze Star or higher, his name, Rank, and photo are slapped on the news.

Anyone care to clarify this apparent contradiction?

Scimitar

kawika
01-06-2009, 04:40
If it was his right arm, its a combat patch and he might be former, retired etc

glebo
01-06-2009, 07:04
I didn't see a combat patch or CIB. If he had a combat patch, it may have been before he went to SF, either that or my eyes a getting worse (probably).

I don't think he faired that well, that AF dude was rockin' (Damn flyboys)

As far as persec, when I was a BN S2 NCOIC, I was amazed at how many "classified" deployments went on, with having to process travel orders and finances through entities that didn't need to know and through open sources. Go figure. A big flaw in the "system" IMHO anyway.

Box
01-06-2009, 07:19
SF dudes show up all the time...
...Oprah gave an SF team leader a Hummer on TV a few years ago.

Nonna
01-06-2009, 07:25
He said he was an 18E, first name was Victor.

coolshock1
01-06-2009, 08:09
I correct myself as I was medicated and about to go to bed when I posted (no excuse I know). It was his left arm. He was definitely SF. He had the SF Rocker on top LEFT arm, Airborne underneath it then the SF Patch with the sword and 3 lightning bolts going through it. I didn't see what was below that.

Nonna I'm just curious how you knew he was an 18E. I couldn't hear his intro. Did he say he was or was he wearing something that gave it away?

mac117
01-06-2009, 08:16
The SFC representing the Army on WOF was from the Florida NG, stated he was a Communications Sergeant with SF. He wasn't necessarily the most decorated, as our esteemed colleague "Coolshock 1 " stated......and he only won 3 grand, at no time was his right sleeve truly visible since he was on the right side of the screen putting his left arm to the camera. Attention to detail Coolshock....but hey, I understand, you did say you were at the doctor's office so maybe the meds were kicking in......

echoes
01-06-2009, 08:21
Coolshock,

Used to watch Wheel-of-fortune, and did not know it was still on air!:)

That must have been a great episode, with all military veterans as contestants!:lifter

Awesome!

Holly

coolshock1
01-06-2009, 08:40
The SFC representing the Army on WOF was from the Florida NG, stated he was a Communications Sergeant with SF. He wasn't necessarily the most decorated, as our esteemed colleague "Coolshock 1 " stated......and he only won 3 grand, at no time was his right sleeve truly visible since he was on the right side of the screen putting his left arm to the camera. Attention to detail Coolshock....but hey, I understand, you did say you were at the doctor's office so maybe the meds were kicking in......

Sir I don't consider myself to be a colleague as I have never been able to have the pleasure of serving. ( Edited: It would be nice to be placed in that category but I have not earned the right.)I assumed (I know the mother of all F-UPs) that he was the most decorated of the three as you saw the least amount of his uniform on the left side out of the 3 men. Once again my ignorance is probably showing again.

Echoes WOF is on every night in the Chicagoland area on ABC at 6:30pm CST. I only know that because my now 3 1/2 y/o used to like reading the letters as they would spin them around when he was first learning his alphabet a while back.

Following the advice given here by many wise men I am going to RMPL again.

mac117
01-06-2009, 08:50
Lighten up Coolshock.....see the humor in things. It makes it easier to face the days ahead......

coolshock1
01-06-2009, 08:54
No problems here mac. You know how it is on the net...it's hard to tell sometimes when someone is serious or joking. Well I think I could name a few on this board that might dispell that theory.

I'm all good. I'm alive and safe and have a good family to go home to each night so I don't have much to complain about.;)

Eagle5US
01-06-2009, 08:58
Oprah gave an SF team leader a Hummer on TV a few years ago.
I am SO glad I don't watch Oprah...just the thought of WATCHING her give some guy a hummer!:eek:

Eagle:D

x SF med
01-06-2009, 09:42
I am SO glad I don't watch Oprah...just the thought of WATCHING her give some guy a hummer!:eek:

Damn, You are entirely too Wrong, Eagle - beat your face:rolleyes:

JJ2K1
01-06-2009, 09:50
He was definitely SF. He had the SF Rocker on top LEFT arm, Airborne underneath it then the SF Patch with the sword and 3 lightning bolts going through it. I didn't see what was below that.

Nonna I'm just curious how you knew he was an 18E. I couldn't hear his intro. Did he say he was or was he wearing something that gave it away?

How could you not catch the bright yellow Ranger Tab he was wearing? His name was Viktor and everytime he called out T he would shout out 'Tom!' right after that. He was cracking up both my wife and I.

olhamada
01-06-2009, 09:52

I think I would have cried. It would have been so moving.

mac117
01-06-2009, 09:57
Thanks Eagle....now the next time I'm passed by a "Hummer" on the GSP that image is gonna come to mind.....:eek:

hope I don't have an accident!!!!!!

Box
01-06-2009, 20:53
...Oprah gave him a hummer for being romantic!

perdurabo
01-07-2009, 17:19
I don't think he faired that well, that AF dude was rockin' (Damn flyboys)

It's our great chow halls, and the 800-thread egyptian cotton sheets we get issued in the barracks. It keeps us nimble ;) :lifter