PDA

View Full Version : January 2, 2009 Denver Colorado

Sdiver
01-02-2009, 21:47
Temp was in the mid to upper sixties today and it felt like Spring. Had an opportunity to take a few shots, for those of you who have been to the Mile High. ;)

1) Pike's Peak in the distance
2) Denver skyline
3) Denver skyline x2
4) For those of you wondering, that's my office. ;)

morolen
01-03-2009, 16:03
it was beautiful....

and today? 24 and on the verge of snow *sigh*

Bill Harsey
01-03-2009, 16:06
Great pics and nice office.

How come the roof is broken on the building in the first pic?

lksteve
01-03-2009, 16:23
The sky is so clear in the pictures because nobody was in Denver...they were all west-bound on I-70 to go skiing...it took me 2.5 hours to go from the on ramp at C470 West to Georgetown...what is normally a three hour drive took 5.5 hours...

But the weather on the Front Range was nice, I agree...today, it was 15°F and snowing on the Roan Plateau...tomorrow, wind chills of -15°F are anticipated...

Sdiver
01-03-2009, 20:14
Great pics and nice office.

How come the roof is broken on the building in the first pic?

That's Mile High Stadium....errrrrr....excuse me, Invesco Stadium AT Mile High. :rolleyes:

It's supposed to be broken. Gotta let that ROCKY MOUNTAIN TUNDER out somehow. :D

jbour13
01-03-2009, 22:31
Nice office!!

Shady spot to park it. You huffing N2O in the back.......only kidding. :D

Great pictures. :cool:

TOMAHAWK9521
01-04-2009, 00:14
With the amount of traffic on I-70 these days your time is better spent taking the northern route through Cameron Pass to Steamboat Springs to get some quality skiing in. Took me less than 4 hours, door to door from Ft. Collins, to get up there. Coming back was just the same. Better scenery, too.

AngelsSix
01-04-2009, 20:40
SD, didn't know you worked for AMR! They have contracts here in NC now, been seeing more of them in the area lately. Would you recommend them? I am going to be looking for an agency to go to work here with pt while I finish up Paramedic.........

letinsh
01-08-2009, 17:24
Ah, it's been years since I've been to Elitchs! Had some good times there as a kid.
My sister works for AMR, too, but down in the Springs.

Firebeef
01-09-2009, 06:14
January 7, 2009

(Post has been delayed by powder rapture)!!!

Left Greeley at 0735, went through 40+degree Denver before 0900, hit the first snow flurries just east of Idaho Springs. Berthoud, Loveland and Vail pass were all closed. I-70 was closed at the Copper Mtn exit. Traffic was good all the way up til a mile before the Copper exit. We were on the American Eagle lift by 1130. 18 inches of powder, and it snowed all day!!!! There were 4 inches of new snow on my buddies truck when we made it back to the parking lot around 5.......a little buzzed, and my legs feel like I squatted an M-1 tank for reps! It sure was weird hitting Denver at 2000hrs (after a brief stop in Beau Jos in Idaho Spgs) and seeing the temperature still 50+ degrees.
FWIW, it can keep up this weather pattern as long it wants, dump on the mountains, and let me wear shorts and a t-shirt on my off days!

I have a WP/Copper Patriot pass,w 6 days at Steamboat....anyone up for a run up to the hills????

Stras
01-09-2009, 11:57
I'll be passing through there MLK weekend running between Colorado Springs and Cheyenne.

I love the view from my house in Fountain, CO of the Front Range between Cheyenne Mtn and Pike's Peak.. Damn, Bragg sucks.... no frigging view.

albeham
01-09-2009, 14:22
I got to move out there!!!!

Soft Target
01-09-2009, 14:44
Snowing in the Springs now. 60 degrees yesterday.

Getting snow up by Mile-High?

MILON
01-09-2009, 14:52
I was out there riding the mountains from the 3rd through the 7th. We rode Vail on the 7th and had probably 6 inches of powder, which was amazing to me! (MN only has ice on hills, which are more like piles of dirt) If only I could have stayed one more day for 18 inches!

Stras
01-09-2009, 16:48
I was out there riding the mountains from the 3rd through the 7th. We rode Vail on the 7th and had probably 6 inches of powder, which was amazing to me! (MN only has ice on hills, which are more like piles of dirt) If only I could have stayed one more day for 18 inches!

I hope you weren't the poor guy who guy fell through the chair lift when getting on. His ski caught on the chair, and suspended him upside down, pants around his knees for about 10 min before they could get him down.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28529605/

MILON
01-09-2009, 17:01
No, thank goodness that was not me. I still have not been able to figure out how he managed to get hung upsided down like that, let along with his pants down. I've been snowboarding and working at a ski area for a while and have never heard of a "chair malfunction" that resulted in that.

Sdiver
01-09-2009, 21:18
Snowing in the Springs now. 60 degrees yesterday.

Getting snow up by Mile-High?

No snow as of 2215 hours, but colder than a witch's Wa-Wa's in a Brass Thing-a-ma-jig. But we're expecting some tonight.....Hey.....the Stock Show must be in town. :rolleyes:

Here's a few more pics taken from my "office" window this morning. :D

Sdiver
01-09-2009, 21:22
Here's a few more with my "office" and the first rays hitting Pike's Peak.

Enjoy.