PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Father needs help

SRGross
12-23-2008, 14:02
I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but I am requesting your wisdom.

My daughter recieved orders Down Range, I am her very concerned about her safety, I am sending her into Indian country with bible, and St George necklas, here is were I need your help, back in my day, all we had was Flak jackets, I know the Army now has Ballistic Vest, but I am looking for something that will protect her under the body armor, light weight and help displace impact and protect the grion area and lower trunk also, including the genral normal protection area.
Aslo any prays will be most greatful!
I know some of you are still in the Art of War and wanted your input as what brand and something to help with AK47/Blast protection.

SRGross
12-23-2008, 14:09
Oh and I almost forgot, Boots, good quality, with some protection!

The Reaper
12-23-2008, 14:30
SR:

The Army currently issues body armor to troops deploying to the sandbox, which is a combo of hard plates and soft armor. It normally comes in a kit with all of the parts to protect your sides, shoulders, neck, groin, etc.

Boots are discussed elsewhere here, but are not normally armored, except for bomb suits. The Search button will help you look for boots, but the Army will issue decent ones to her that are DXable.

Trust me, she should have more armor than she will want to wear.

Best of luck.

TR

JimP
12-23-2008, 16:00
Want to keep her safe? Buy her a week at Bill Rogers or some other like-minded shooting school. As Reaper said - she'll get more armor than she can carry (soldier's load is a big issue). But...here we are, eight years into the war and our training still SUCKS!!!! She can use a good school.

Team Sergeant
12-23-2008, 16:24
Want to keep her safe? Buy her a week at Bill Rogers or some other like-minded shooting school. As Reaper said - she'll get more armor than she can carry (soldier's load is a big issue). But...here we are, eight years into the war and our training still SUCKS!!!! She can use a good school.

You mean Paul Howe?;)

http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/

Good idea.

TS

SRGross
12-23-2008, 16:54
Thx Guys,
Just a very concern Father, as far as boots, I was looking for comfort and protection, if they had a Rack Hump Tab, believe me I would have been awarded one:D
There are Hills @ Ft Knox that are etched into my mind for life.
I have been out since 10/1992, so I have no idea what they issue now.
As far as training anything in the Va., NC., area?

jbour13
12-23-2008, 17:00
Check your PM sir

SRGross
01-06-2009, 07:32
Thank You all!