PDA

View Full Version : De-evolution

Team Sergeant
12-22-2008, 11:21
Genetic Drift

Genetic drift—along with natural selection, mutation, and migration—is one of the basic mechanisms of evolution.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/IIIDGeneticdrift.shtml

Now I have a question, when we remove Natural Selection from the process of evolution is de-evolution what we have to look forward to? Are the stupid people of the planet really going to inherit the earth?

I'm not being sarcastic, take a look at the last sentence in the article, the problem is so bad that the Indian Government actually had to pass legislation in an attempt to stop this "human" behavior.

Now think about the taliban, hamas, somali pirates, mexican cartel wars, gangs etc etc etc is stupid human behavior is starting to become the "norm"?

Team Sergeant

(see article below)

Indian Villagers Shave, Beat 50 Women Accused of Witchcraft
Monday, December 22, 2008

Villagers in tribal central India have allegedly beaten 50 women with sticks and cut off their hair after accusing them of witchcraft.

A spiritual man told the villagers the assaults would protect them from evil spirits, police said.

The alleged attacks happened at a forest in a poor district of Chhattisgarh state, 250 miles from the capital Raipur.

While there are few killings in Chhattisgarh, more than 100 women are tortured, paraded naked or harassed in the state annually, officials said.

The state passed a Witchcraft (Prevention) Act in 2005 to counter a rise in witch hunts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,470893,00.html

Pete
12-22-2008, 11:31
I agree.

I tried to type some medical and social reasons for the agreement but they didn't look to good when I finished.

We might be at a similar point as Europe around 350 AD. Another dark age coming?

GratefulCitizen
12-22-2008, 12:57
Given enough time, de-evolution is the natural consequence of natural selection.

The effects of information entropy wreak havoc on compressed data (like DNA).

It doesn't bode well for the future.

Penn
12-22-2008, 13:26
I see what the article is inferring; that those of us with superior intellects and physical prowess have a responsibility to the human species in disseminate our DNA with as many willing recipients as possible. I get it, now where are all the virgins, I want more food….

Go Devil
12-22-2008, 13:27
Genetic Drift

Now I have a question, when we remove Natural Selection from the process of evolution is de-evolution what we have to look forward to? Are the stupid people of the planet really going to inherit the earth?

Now think about the taliban, hamas, somali pirates, mexican cartel wars, gangs etc etc etc is stupid human behavior is starting to become the "norm"?

Team Sergeant

(see article below)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,470893,00.html

It is not a matter of "stupid" people inheriting the earth.

Those that will inherit the earth are the ones that are the most prolific breeders.

If, by chance, the offspring lack education and sensibility, the results will undermine their religious and cultural beliefs and slow their progress at times.

(There is an equation for this, somewhere in my library.)

God help those of us that choose to live responsibly.

JJ_BPK
12-22-2008, 14:12
It is not a matter of "stupid" people inheriting the earth.
Those that will inherit the earth are the ones that are the most prolific breeders.

I see this as one statement that can be either positive or negatively spoken.

The dumb do not know when to stop breeding..

The educated won't breed because of greed and ego...

Anyway you state it,, it will be interpreted by the majority as hateful and wrong..

de-evolution is real and without natural selection or a natural occurring form of selections (pestilence, war, famine), the world has a problem.

The Chinese realized this 20 years ago when they partially implemented their One Child law and to some extent it worked.

I think India also realizes it, given their stoic adherence to their cast system. Striping the lower cast from any access to health care & education.

My problem is the rest of the world does not want to talk about it...

Although there are some signs.. The left with it's the carbon foot print and world warming hysteria. They talk about the results & effects not the cause..

It's not the cars,, it's the 100 bazillion people that want cars..
It's not the corm going into ethanol,, it's the 100 bazillion people that want to eat..
It's not urban sprawl,, it's the 100 bazillion people that want shelter..

I'll say it: Less people,, less problems...

jasonglh
12-22-2008, 15:19
A couple of the the Docs were talking about saving medicare on the unit the other night. I remarked that nothing short of a bird flu outbreak could save the system at this point but a good start would be extubating his patient that he declared brain dead 2 weeks ago. I think nature will take care of our population problem at some point and the weak and stupid will be the first to go. I have taken the be prepared and pandemic threads here seriously and have made preparations.

My wife and I have 1 child and waited until we were in our 30's but 2 of my closest friends from high school are drowning in debt had kids early and each have 4 kids. Yeah I will be much older than my kids friends parents but my house is paid for. /shrug

TOMAHAWK9521
12-22-2008, 15:22
I've been saying it for years, we need a good killing frost to thin out the herd. At least in Colorado, anyway. Perhaps this year's predicted harsh winter will do some good.

AngelsSix
12-22-2008, 22:15
I am not sure I put any weight into anything that comes out of Bezerkley.
But other than that, I say screw it.....survival of the fittest. If we keep people on welfare, they have nothing better to do all day then stay home and procreate and teach the future progeny to do the same lazy b.s. Yeah. Who says we working people are smart? We are working to keep from being like the folks on welfare?? Sheeeeit. Those folks are making out. I went past our local section 8 housing today and saw nothing less than a Cadillac Escalade in the street. I spied a few Lexus's too. I am tired of lazy, I really am. I think the "stupid" people are quickly out breeding us.

nmap
12-22-2008, 22:50
First - yes, I agree, we are devolving. If nothing else, improved medical care permits marginal and sub-marginal types to procreate. Improved nutrition and sanitation do likewise.

However, the killing frost that will thin the herd is coming. The book "Overshoot" by Catton speaks to the possibilities.

Back in the 1950's, the Agriculture Dept. and USAID started the Green revolution. Their goal was to encourage farmers to use artificial fertilizers and pesticides, mechanization, irrigation, and specialized plantings to increase production. The program was a great success, and made possible the increase in global population from 2.5 billion to the present 6.5 billion.

So...what happens if the assumptions underlying modern agriculture fail? It is interesting to look at the prices of fertilizer and fuel, especially in light of the economic capacity of third-world farmers and increased use of bio-fuels. Some contend that bio-fuels constitutes burning food in our cars.

When will such things occur? No one knows. But when it strikes, it may proceed rapidly. Easter Island, as discussed by Diamond in his book Collapse, is a case in point. Or, here's a link that outlines what happened to the reindeer of St. Matthew's island. LINK (http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF16/1672.html)

GratefulCitizen
12-22-2008, 22:52
This is a dangerous line of thinking.

There are two natural courses this can take.

1. Life is determined in economic terms, and the boomers are getting older -- think "Logan's Run".

2. Life is determined by political convenience -- would the party in power want intelligent, self-reliant people who are able to throw off a corrupt government...or compliant, easily swayed masses.

Be careful what you wish for...

nmap
12-22-2008, 23:25

Dangerous? Of course.

But take a hard look at health insurance policies, Medicare, and so forth. There are limits and exclusions. In essence, these dictate the limit of costs that are to be covered. Someone, somewhere, has already made the decision of how many dollars a life is worth.

There is also another side to the coin. Again referring to Diamond's book Collapse, let us consider the Norse Greenland colony. They died - every man, woman, and child. Apparently, they literally and actually starved and froze to death - all of them.

You see, the poorer farms migrated to the larger farms as they used up their supplies. It seems the better supplied farms took them in. Ultimately, by trying to keep everyone alive, they kept no one alive.

It is my opinion and belief that we as a society, and we as a world, will face such choices in the future. Those who come out on the other side of such events will, I suppose, be stronger.

That said, I am not advocating anything. Merely observing trends.

TOMAHAWK9521
12-23-2008, 00:16

There are two natural courses this can take.

1. Life is determined in economic terms, and the boomers are getting older -- think "Logan's Run".

2. Life is determined by political convenience -- would the party in power want intelligent, self-reliant people who are able to throw off a corrupt government...or compliant, easily swayed masses.

Be careful what you wish for...

It's "Carousel Time"! :eek:

-RENEW!

-RENEW!

TOMAHAWK9521
12-23-2008, 00:45
Dangerous? Of course.

But take a hard look at health insurance policies, Medicare, and so forth. There are limits and exclusions. In essence, these dictate the limit of costs that are to be covered. Someone, somewhere, has already made the decision of how many dollars a life is worth.

There is also another side to the coin. Again referring to Diamond's book Collapse, let us consider the Norse Greenland colony. They died - every man, woman, and child. Apparently, they literally and actually starved and froze to death - all of them.

You see, the poorer farms migrated to the larger farms as they used up their supplies. It seems the better supplied farms took them in. Ultimately, by trying to keep everyone alive, they kept no one alive.

It is my opinion and belief that we as a society, and we as a world, will face such choices in the future. Those who come out on the other side of such events will, I suppose, be stronger.

That said, I am not advocating anything. Merely observing trends.

nmap,

I found Diamond's books to be fascinating. From what I understood in "Collapse", it was more common for the larger and more affluent societies in history to destroy themselves due to an over indulgence in decadent living, over-consumption, elitism. narcissism, greed and so forth. Much smaller societies (rural towns for example) tend to live more conservatively to perpetuate their community and avoid extravagant enterprises that could not only fail and drastically reduce their resources and therefore weaken them, but also potentially wipe their society out of existence.

If these evolutionary retards are a portent of our future demographics we will soon find ourselves in a Tragedy of Commons between not only nations, but states and communities. Once that happens, it's going to get ugly.

I really hate Liberalism/Marxism :mad:

BryanK
12-24-2008, 13:28
Lets just hope and pray this isn't what we come to. LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyVNlvzzSFA)