PDA

View Full Version : Gun Owner Protects Family in AZ

SMP9168
12-20-2008, 23:37
"One suspect is dead and the owner of a jewelry store is wounded following an attempted robbery in Chandler Saturday evening.

At around 6:45 p.m. two armed men entered family-owned Christopher Diamonds at 2560 W. Chandler Blvd. with the intent to rob the store, said Chandler Police Department Detective David Ramer.

The store owner, his wife and adult son were inside. The owner pulled out a gun and a gunbattle ensued. One suspect and the owner were shot.
The injured suspect fled, then jumped into a stolen truck and drove until he reached the Loop 101 and Broadway before pulling over. He later died from his wound.

The other suspect fled on foot to a northern neighborhood. A K-9 officer tracked him down and police made an arrest at around 8:15 p.m.

The owner was sent to a local hospital and is expected to recover from a gunshot wound to the face, Ramer said."

www.azcentral.com

On top of all this, due to the felony murder rule here in AZ, the second suspect who was tracked down and arrested will likely be charged with murder for the death of his partner. Gotta love it!

The Reaper
12-21-2008, 12:22
Finally, some good news out of Arizona.

I hope the owner recovers quickly, and the thug goes to jail for LWOP.

TR

Smokin Joe
12-22-2008, 00:27
The Felony murder rule is one of the coolest pieces of legislation that AZ has ever been blessed with.... next to wide spread CCW acceptance.

It always warms my heart to hear about the good guys winning especially against dritbag thugs.

SF_BHT
12-22-2008, 07:29
Best wishes to the family of the owner and I wish him a speedy recovery. To the two Perps GOOD RIDDENS........