PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Golden, CO USA Earth

TazKristi
12-19-2008, 15:17
Hello, my name is Kristi Hunter, I'm with Spyderco (I handle our Military business). I came across your site and wanted to offer my assistance with anything related to Spyderco.

Thank you all, we appreciate you.

Kristi

Bill Harsey
12-19-2008, 15:34
Great to have you here Kristi! :lifter

Spyderco questions come up around here and it is nice to have a subject matter expert aboard.

Please don't beat me up too much over how I recommend to sharpen the Syderco ( and Spyderco type) serrations in the sharpening thread here.

General info: Spyderco is a class operation. I've known the founder Sal Glesser for a long time and am lucky to call him and some of his staff friends.

swatsurgeon
12-19-2008, 15:45
Kristi,
Were you at Trexpo this year at the spyderco booth?

ss

TazKristi
12-19-2008, 16:29
Kristi,
Were you at Trexpo this year at the spyderco booth?

ss

Yes, I was.

Kristi

Roguish Lawyer
12-19-2008, 16:31
Welcome, Kristi!

PiterM
12-19-2008, 16:33
You're most welcome here Kristi :cool:

swatsurgeon
12-19-2008, 16:40
Yes, I was.

Kristi

You likely would not remember me, I am one of the tactical medicine instructors that lecture on day 1 (from Int'l School of Tactical Medicine) of TREXPO and was at the booth asking about doing a new version of a "school knife". Ring a bell or it was with another woman at your booth????

syd

TazKristi
12-19-2008, 16:55
You likely would not remember me, I am one of the tactical medicine instructors that lecture on day 1 (from Int'l School of Tactical Medicine) of TREXPO and was at the booth asking about doing a new version of a "school knife". Ring a bell or it was with another woman at your booth????

syd

That was me, I do remember you. We should probably talk again soon.

Bill, PiterM and Roguish Lawyer
Thank you for the warm welcome (Hi Piter - nice to see you).

Kristi

Eagle5US
12-19-2008, 16:57
Welcome Kristi!
Nice to have you here:D

Eagle

CoLawman
12-19-2008, 23:22
The land of Coors is in the house!

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-20-2008, 13:14
Welcome Kristi! Nice to have you here.

I still have my first Spyderco knife, which I purchased at an IABTI conference in the early 80's. I used it for many years in LE EOD work. I found it's one hand opening invaluable. I see now that a few Spyderco's are equipped with a 'wave' action assisted opening. I like the wave action.

Do you still send people to the IABTI International conferences? :D

Pete
12-20-2008, 13:52
All you manly men with a strong woman standing beside you.

From the on-line catalog - I did notice some nice color coordinated knives that would look right cute on that special ladies key ring.

TazKristi
12-20-2008, 18:16
Welcome Kristi! Nice to have you here.

I still have my first Spyderco knife, which I purchased at an IABTI conference in the early 80's. I used it for many years in LE EOD work. I found it's one hand opening invaluable. I see now that a few Spyderco's are equipped with a 'wave' action assisted opening. I like the wave action.

Do you still send people to the IABTI International conferences? :D

Thanks for the welcome!

The Emerson Opener (we can't use the term "wave" anymore) has been a great addition to a few of our models. We've enjoyed working with Ernie.

Sorry to say no, we're not at the IABTI Int'l Conference anymore.

Kristi

Sdiver
12-20-2008, 20:14
The land of Coors is in the house!

BURP !!!!!

You rang ???? :D

Kristi,

Glad to see another Golden-ite here on the board. Been here for the past 3 years myself.

12B4S
12-23-2008, 02:10
Welcome to PS.com Kristi......

Sdiver
01-02-2009, 21:31
Had an opportunity to stop into Spyderco this afternoon and meet Kristi. Here are some shots of their building and store.

1) Welcome to Golden......Nice line waiting for the COORS Tour. ;)
2) Spyderco
3) Their AWESOME flag. I'll let Kristi fill everyone in on it's history.
4) What I imagine what one of the inside of one of TR's wall locker doors looks like.

Sdiver
01-02-2009, 21:33
The inside of the store.

Sdiver
01-02-2009, 21:35
Saw this display and immediately thought of one person.....Ohhhhhhh Chef Penn !!!!! :D

Sdiver
01-02-2009, 21:37
Steel from the WTC

TazKristi
01-02-2009, 22:09
Sdiver,
It was great to meet you today, thanks for stopping by and spending some time with us! Sdiver asked me to share some more information here about our Flag, so...

Our Flag is 20'x30'. Our Flag Pole is a custom built 60' pole that can withstand 100 mph winds. We actually have two big flags, we rotate them about every 6 weeks. The wind can be very intense up here, after about 6 weeks, it's time to clean and repair. We also have a small(er) flag which is 10'x20', for flying on half-staff days.

It took Sal and Gail (Sal's wife) about 2 years to make our Flag a reality. The city of Golden had some strict rules regarding flag pole height. It wasn't that they didn't want us to have a big flag, but rather that there wasn't a legal pathway to authorize a variance. Through Sal and Gail's tenacity, eventually, they created that pathway, "Community Pride".

I've attached several pictures of the day our pole was finished and our Flag was raised. It takes a minimum of 6 people to handle the big flag. It makes the most awesome sound when it cracks in the wind. You can hear it from inside the building.

We appreciate all of the members of our Armed Forces and this flag, as Sal has often said, "stirs the spirit".

TazKristi
01-02-2009, 22:13
Here's a few more... you might not be able to tell, but our building was empty when our Flag was raised for the first time. Everyone was outside and anxious to be a part of an awesome day. (Thanks Sal!)

Kristi

Sdiver
01-02-2009, 22:21
Sdiver,
It was great to meet you today, thanks for stopping by and spending some time with us! Sdiver asked me to share some more information here about our Flag, so...

Our Flag is 20'x30'. Our Flag Pole is a custom built 60' pole that can withstand 100 mph winds. We actually have two big flags, we rotate them about every 6 weeks. The wind can be very intense up here, after about 6 weeks, it's time to clean and repair. We also have a small(er) flag which is 10'x20', for flying on half-staff days.

It took Sal and Gail (Sal's wife) about 2 years to make our Flag a reality. The city of Golden had some strict rules regarding flag pole height. It wasn't that they didn't want us to have a big flag, but rather that there wasn't a legal pathway to authorize a variance. Through Sal and Gail's tenacity, eventually, they created that pathway, "Community Pride".

I've attached several pictures of the day our pole was finished and our Flag was raised. It takes a minimum of 6 people to handle the big flag. It makes the most awesome sound when it cracks in the wind. You can hear it from inside the building.

We appreciate all of the members of our Armed Forces and this flag, as Sal has often said, "stirs the spirit".

Kristi,

It was my pleasure. :D Thanks for being able to meet me on just a "walk in" appointment.

In fact, if you look closely at the pic I took of the flag with the building front, you can see yourself. ;)

Bill Harsey
01-03-2009, 19:06
Beautiful Flag!
Nice job Gail and Sal, very well done.