PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to all Firefighters, EMTs and LEOs

Gypsy
12-17-2008, 19:38
So, my office is moving tomorrow and for the past two weeks I've been organizing, packing, numbering and otherwise preparing for the move. Today was especially busy with the last minute types of items (believe me, we are organized...I was in the moving industry for 17 years before headhunting :D ).

Get home, all I want to do is make some dinner...sit on my butt and watch the boob tube. :D Start heating up some leftovers and I hear a siren. Hmm. Then another...more and more...and they all sound vewwy vewwy close. I decide to open up my door to look outside...there's an LEO about to knock and he said time to evacuate there's a fire in your building.

GREAT!

Turn off the oven, put on jeans...boots...coat...grab my purse, cell and keys. For the past two hours we stood outside in the bitter cold and watched them put out the fire, which fortunately was contained to the opposite end of the building. (I used to live in the apartment above where the fire started, thank God I moved to the other end...) Some of the neighbors from the other building across from mine opened their doors to offer a warm place whilst we waited to find out if we could return to our own apartments.

These guys all rocked, and all of us from both buildings couldn't thank them enough. I'm so very thankful they got here so quickly and put out the fire...and best of all I'm REALLY thankful I can sleep in my own bed this night.

Met some of my neighbors...that was pretty nice too.

Anyway, to all of you that are in these lines of work, near and far, you have my thanks.

Now, time to turn the heat up to oh...about 80 degrees and have my dinner. :)

Bill Harsey
12-17-2008, 19:53
Glad everyone is safe.

Your heat goes up to 80 ?!? wow, you city kids have everything.

AngelsSix
12-18-2008, 06:28
Now, time to turn the heat up to oh...about 80 degrees and have my dinner.

Sounds like me, I hate cold.:D My bill this moth for electric was almost 200. Yikes!!:eek:

Glad that you are safe and sound.......happy, merry, safe holidays!!

Goggles Pizano
12-18-2008, 09:39
Most of us will take a thank you over a decoration any day of the week Holly! :)

Sdiver
12-18-2008, 21:29
Most of us will take a thank you over a decoration any day of the week Holly! :)

Pssssstttttt....Lawdog,

It's not Holly, it's Gypsy who started this thread. :rolleyes:

L,
Glad to hear that you're okay, and I'll echo what my "Blue Canary" friend, said above. :D

Gypsy
12-18-2008, 21:34

Ahhh...I'm not Holly. But the thank you still stands. :D

Goggles Pizano
12-19-2008, 06:24
SORRY GYPSY!!! The avatars threw me! :p

Gypsy
12-19-2008, 19:00

No worries. ;)

SF_BHT
12-19-2008, 19:05

OK Redhead vs Blonde..........

Gypsy
12-19-2008, 19:10
OK Redhead vs Blonde..........

No contest. :lifter

NSDQ
12-19-2008, 19:54
Some of the neighbors from the other building across from mine opened their doors to offer a warm place whilst we waited to find out if we could return to our own apartments.
It is still amazing to see what people will do in time of crisis. Sometimes we find the best in the worst. Cudos to your neighbors also.

Anyway, to all of you that are in these lines of work, near and far, you have my thanks. Agreed, thanks to all the dedicated professionals in these areas of service.

Now, time to turn the heat up to oh...about 80 degrees and have my dinner. :)ouch, not a degree over 68 sounds fine. ;) Enjoy your dinner, very glad your safe!
NSDQ

adal
12-22-2008, 10:39
Glad you're okay. All my folks here will take a Thanks any day of the week. Thank you for the Thanks. adal

echoes
12-22-2008, 11:48
No contest. :lifter

Gypsy,

Just saw this thread, and am so glad you are safe! ;)
Kudos to all the Firemen, Leo's and EMT's!

Holly

P.S. GP...LOL!

Gypsy
12-22-2008, 19:36
ouch, not a degree over 68 sounds fine. ;)NSDQ

I exaggerated... :p That's about the normal thermostat temp for me, though with windchills at -30 on Sunday I had to turn it up to 75 to get it to read 68-70 in the apartment. That was kind of weird but it was COLD! :eek:

Thanks everyone, yes I was fine...and the incident made me reconfigure my grab and go emergency bag. It's all good.