PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance

mattshack
12-17-2008, 17:05
Good Afternoon,

I just thought I would fire this one out to the floor to see if anyone has any knowledge in this subject.

I am a British citizen serving in the UK Army (out line of my service can be seen in my introduction thread). I currently hold UK SF, Security Clearance. Next year I plan to move to the US with my wife and kids who are US citizens. My Green Card category will be "Immediate relative of a US citizen".

I would like to attempt to join the NG as NQP on REP63. I was told by a good source that it would be possible for me to attempt this because of the category of Green Card that I will be issued, plus my current SC with the UK Army?

Although I have it from a good source that this is possible, (and I hate to question it) every thread I have read using the search feature, seems to suggest otherwise.

Only one thread that I have read seems to offer a hint of optimism, and that stated that the US and UK and some other countries had, at one time, some sort of alliance over security clearance issues.

I fully appreciate that this is an impossible subject to predict and that each case is taken on its own merits, but if there is anyone out there that has any experience in this field, your opinion would be greatly valued.

Time spent on recon is seldom wasted.

Thank you.

Team Sergeant
12-17-2008, 19:36
Good Afternoon,

I just thought I would fire this one out to the floor to see if anyone has any knowledge in this subject.

I am a British citizen serving in the UK Army (out line of my service can be seen in my introduction thread). I currently hold UK SF, Security Clearance. Next year I plan to move to the US with my wife and kids who are US citizens. My Green Card category will be "Immediate relative of a US citizen".

I would like to attempt to join the NG as NQP on REP63. I was told by a good source that it would be possible for me to attempt this because of the category of Green Card that I will be issued, plus my current SC with the UK Army?

Although I have it from a good source that this is possible, (and I hate to question it) every thread I have read using the search feature, seems to suggest otherwise.
Only one thread that I have read seems to offer a hint of optimism, and that stated that the US and UK and some other countries had, at one time, some sort of alliance over security clearance issues.

I fully appreciate that this is an impossible subject to predict and that each case is taken on its own merits, but if there is anyone out there that has any experience in this field, your opinion would be greatly valued.

Time spent on reacon is seldom wasted.

Thank you.

Our brothers from the UK, especially those with a SC have a great chance of becoming just about anything they want in our Army.

One of my best friends is a former Brit and Brit Royal Marines, he's now a retired Special Forces CW3.

Your chances are just as good as anyone else applying for SF, maybe better that you already have a SC.

Team Sergeant

jatx
12-17-2008, 21:43
Interesting question. Be certain that your target unit's recruiter is in touch with the relevant state's security manager on this issue, and that you are able to discuss this with someone in the unit's S2 shop before signing on the line. Be patient, too, this will be a new one on them. ;)